Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks expensive
Old 03-19-10, 05:48 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
I been seeing a few threads go up about push buttin start. BUT all of them include putting the key in and turning before u hit the start button.
Exactly! I have been reading those threads think "Whats the point?" There is no point in doing it if it doesnt operate correctly. I had the conversation the other day with a friend and told him exactly this. A push button with a key is actually worse than the key only, it adds another step to starting the car, Why?

Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-19-10, 08:00 AM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

^ if its setup to just start without the key in place doesnt that mean someone can just break your window and push a button and take off with your car? i know you said "whats the point" if you need to still use the key.. but the point i see is for theft prevention. This is just another cool mod to add to your car and a great way to get rid of the now useless vol ****

Key fobbing would be alot more expensive and time consuming.

I remember the TRD Widebody Toyota Mr2 being stolen in the same way it was full push button start and someguy just drove off with it.
Old 03-19-10, 08:07 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by eliteskill
^ if its setup to just start without the key in place doesnt that mean someone can just break your window and push a button and take off with your car? i know you said "whats the point" if you need to still use the key.. but the point i see is for theft prevention. This is just another cool mod to add to your car and a great way to get rid of the now useless vol ****

I remember the TRD Widebody Toyota Mr2 being stolen in the same way it was full push button start and someguy just drove off with it.

did u watch the vid ???? it basically like the newer lex keyless system no fob no engine start no matter if you push the button or not .
Old 03-19-10, 08:12 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by eliteskill

Did you read the thread? Maybe exspensive but if you cant do it right then why do it?
From the thread for those that don't want to read it all.

"What: Auto push button start with auto-detect keyfob. Key the fob in your pocket. Get close to your car, open your doors w/o a key. Get into your car, push the button, car starts. Key only needed for opening the door manually.

Included:

RFID fob - 128bit encryption, new code generated each time you walk away from the car. I haven't yet decided how to incorporate the Supra key inside (like most do). I may request you ship me a copy of your key so that I can create the key-in-fob desgn or supply a kit that allows you to cut your key and slip it in.. or send me a remote that you use (alarm remote) where I can insert the frequency detection guts inside for a clean design.

Smart Push button - You push once, turns on accessories. Push again, turns them off. Anytime you put your foot on the brake and push the button, it cranks. Stops cranking after the tach signal reaches idle. Push again, turns off. The button will only function if the fob is in your car. I have yet to develop a column-lock solenoid if it can even be made. I may have to look at late-model toyotas to see if there is anything already available. If not, I can still offer this unit with the intention that the user resolves column-lock themselves.

Theft concern: It will be component based. If your a thief and you know the supra wiring, a few cuts and twists you can start the car. I plan to include a seperate connection for the fuel pump. You can always use this system with your current alarm, so there is that option."
Old 04-24-10, 02:59 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

i wanted this project done about 8 yrs ago when the first pruis came out with this start button feature...but the cost to use the parts from the prius($$$) put that project in the trash, maybe this will change that?
Old 04-24-10, 10:44 PM
SClean93
Driver

So.....about that price...
was there ever one posted since units went out to supra owners already
I would ask that guy but i don't own a supra to be on the SF
Old 04-24-10, 11:04 PM
TWong350

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow...that's pretty cool to engineer that. IMO, works better than the smart key system in my 3GS. I wish mine locked and unlocked as I walked away/towards the car. Other than that, it works just like my factory system.
Old 04-28-10, 04:09 PM
DRLC6
Rookie

This is the same way my C6 Vette works right from the factory. I never take the FOB out of my pocket.It is great...
Old 04-28-10, 05:48 PM
Snx37
Rookie

That would b sick let's see it in an sc
Old 05-26-10, 06:08 AM
byron9092
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up can i buy one

hi im Arnold is it smart start button complete.can i have get one or where can i buy one for my 1994 supra
Old 05-26-10, 10:52 AM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Uh..... ^^^^^^ Come again.