SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC400 New Exhaust Setup...Way TOOO LOUD!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-10, 02:23 PM
cino21
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC400 New Exhaust Setup...Way TOOO LOUD!

ok fellas... still messing with the exhaust system to achieve the perfect sound The last video is the current setup and we are gonna put Flo-pro Twister mufflers on it, i wanted to see what it sounded like completely straight pipedidid first so we didn't weld the tips on bc we are gonna put the mufflers behind the tips, (the tips look factory)....it is wayyy too loud, it sounds bad *** at idle and on the hwy, but on the street between 1-2k rpm it's ridiculous (i revved it under the bridge on 121 hwy bc i saw a new mustang pulling up on me fast, as soon as he got next to me and heard the exhaust at cruise speed..he slowed down and went behind me lol )

you either love it or you hate it with this much sound, no in between, my gf hates it but every guy so far that has heard it thinks its bad ***.. i actually pulled up to oreilly's yesterday to get some anti foulers for the o2 sensors and saw a corvette parked by the door so i hit the throttle as i pulled up and everyone leaned over the counter with smiles on their face asking "is that a lexus"
here's all the vids leading up to the current sound in case you guys havent seen my previous threads... ALL COMMENTS APPRECIATED GOOD OR BAD
my gf says it would be acceptable coming from a older muscle car, but coming from a lexus it's like "wtf did he do to that car"...me personally along with all my buddies thinks that's the great part about it is that it's not expected to sound like it has some *****! lol
STOCK WITH MUFFLERS REMOVED ONLY

DUMPED AFTER CATS, 3RD CAT REPLACED WITH STRAIGHT PIPE

COMPLETE STRAIGHT PIPES NO CATS NO MUFFLERS(currently)

Here's the exhaust welded

Here's the finish, spray painted flat black with high temp paint to prevent the welds from rusting

***UPDATE 3/25/10***
OK, we just installed the FLO PRO TWISTER MUFFLERS and it's still aggressive, but quieter... everyone at the shop said b4 it sounded like a Mach 1 with headers, and now it sounds like a GT with full exhaust, it feels like it pulls better too, the twister design is suppose to help exhaust flow, being that it's straight pipes with mufflers

I WILL DO A REGULAR DRIVING EXPERIENCE VIDEO SATURDAY..PROMISE!

with the straight pipes no mufflers, the exhaust stopped below the axles, and it would vibrate the car from 1500-2000 and it was extremely loud inside and outside... NOOWWWW... it's still loud outside when i punch it, but its really quiet inside bc the pipes are now all the way in the back

I DO MISS THE LOUDNESS BEFORE THOUGH lol..it started to grow on me
I'm thinking about doing electric cut outs behind the mufflers, under the axles so i can enjoy that loud v8 when i feel like waking up the road

TIPS LOOK STOCK

BEFORE FLAT BLACK PAINT

AFTER FLAT BLACK PAINT

CHECK OUT PAGE 5 FOR NEW UPDATE 04/15/2010 WITH ELECTRIC CUTOUTS INSTALLED

Last edited by cino21; 04-15-10 at 01:59 PM. Reason: ELEC CUTOUTS INSTALLED
Old 03-23-10, 02:24 PM
cino21
Pole Position

i started it near cops and asked if it was too loud... they said "yes it's loud" but when i asked about tickets, they shrugged their shoulders and said i wouldn't worry about it...

thank god nascar is big in TX lol
Old 03-23-10, 02:47 PM
cino21
Pole Position

comments pleaassee lol
stop viewing and not saying anything...
good or bad

oh and the car didn't start the 1st time bc we replaced the fuel filter
and it was recorded with my iphone so the mic can't really support that high of a sound
Old 03-23-10, 02:52 PM
abest10
Driver School Candidate

I like LOUD cars and this is no exception. I like it and give it a
Old 03-23-10, 03:01 PM
cino21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by abest10
I like LOUD cars and this is no exception. I like it and give it a
thank you sir.. i have a feeling its gonna be more neg responses than positive though lol
Old 03-23-10, 03:01 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will have to listen to this one when I get home ... Looks like its going to sound like a roaring beast.
Old 03-23-10, 03:08 PM
kanderson
Driver

Way way way to loud man.....
Old 03-23-10, 03:08 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cino21
i started it near cops and asked if it was too loud... they said "yes it's loud" but when i asked about tickets, they shrugged their shoulders and said i wouldn't worry about it...

thank god nascar is big in TX lol
TX police departments can only ticket you for noise in residential areas IIRC, and in the state of TX you are NOT required to have mufflers on your vehicle, only cats and the pipes must exit behind the rear axle..so your good to go if your pre cats are still in place
Old 03-23-10, 03:20 PM
cino21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by turbodremz
TX police departments can only ticket you for noise in residential areas IIRC, and in the state of TX you are NOT required to have mufflers on your vehicle, only cats and the pipes must exit behind the rear axle..so your good to go if your pre cats are still in place
i haven't touched the exhaust manifolds so that's where the precats will be right..? it's throwing a p0420 and p0430 code b/c the cats were removed from the actually exhaust pipes..i'm going to use the anti foulers this weekend to solve that minor issue

and yea i try to coast through neighborhoods so i dont **** my neighbors off, only throttling lightly when it's going uphill, i leave 5 min earlier for work bc i'm cruising at 20mph through my neighborhood lol

i live in the dfw bedford area if anyone wants to here it in person, bc it is louder in person lol

the mufflers will prob cut off 30-40 percent of the noise but i'm sure it's still gonna be loud bc it's still straight pipes with just mufflers
but it should give it a throatier tone and may turn out for the best
vietunit
Lexus Champion

Sounds beast but it'd be too loud for me to DD in nazifornia.
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

at first i wasl ike hmm video 2 is pretty nice sound...then iheard 3 and WTF!!!!!!!!!! that ***** is tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhhhhhhttttttttt.....damn car sounds a like a beast!!!! imagine if it was supercharged on that set up....sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkk I AM LOVVVVIN IT!!!
Old 03-23-10, 03:22 PM
cino21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vietunit
Sounds beast but it'd be too loud for me to DD in nazifornia.
yeah i moved from Santa Clarita, CA to TX and i know the cops would have knocked on my window as soon as i started it with their flashlights looking underneath the car
Old 03-23-10, 03:22 PM
FuMoFFuTT
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah.. not my type
Old 03-23-10, 03:29 PM
cino21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scviolence
at first i wasl ike hmm video 2 is pretty nice sound...then iheard 3 and WTF!!!!!!!!!! that ***** is tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhhhhhhttttttttt.....damn car sounds a like a beast!!!! imagine if it was supercharged on that set up....sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkk I AM LOVVVVIN IT!!!
thank you .. i was actually talking to my buddies last night about supercharging this with stock cobra blower, my initial plan was to turbo this engine but with the direction of sound i'm going with, the supercharger whine will sound alot better than a bov

and later down the road i'll sell my "suppose to be 'dd' sentra ser spec v, but i haven't driven it in soo long that the battery died lol..i just cant seem to stay out of the SC "
Old 03-23-10, 03:42 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I find it hilarious when a cars make more exhaust DB's than actual HP But then again, it's your ride!

Quick Reply: SC400 New Exhaust Setup...Way TOOO LOUD!