SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

most cost effective way to get 375rwhp out of 92 SC300 w/ 4 speed A430E?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-10, 08:13 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

you can do the 1jz trans pretty cheap, on my old 1jz car when i needed a spare trans i found several 1jz auto trans for 100 to 150.. some people give them away cause they use there w58 5 speed..

I say put a good trans cooler on, i'm using a B&M, then just drive it and don't worry about it till it goes out, then swap all the stuff you need from your bad trans to the 1jz trans and slap it in..

all that shimming the accumulators and increasing line pressure sounds great, but it's pretty time consuming and you really need to pull the trans out to do it, i personally wouldn't bother with that stuff unless your trans is already out!? it would be nice to do though..

Last edited by aka paco; 04-02-10 at 08:23 AM.
Old 04-02-10, 08:15 AM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by aka paco
you can do the 1jz trans pretty cheap, on my old 1jz car when i needed a spare trans i found several 1jz auto trans for 100 to 150.. some people give them away cause they use there w58 5 speed..

anyways, id do the stuff ishootstuff mentioned, then buy a back up 1jz trans, when your stock trans goes out, swap all the stuff you need from your bad trans to the 1jz trans and slap it in..
^^^^^^^^ WINNER!!!! Do that ^^^^^^^
Old 04-02-10, 09:53 AM
djrazr
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say put a good trans cooler on, i'm using a B&M, then just drive it and don't worry about it till it goes out, then swap all the stuff you need from your bad trans to the 1jz trans and slap it in..

all that shimming the accumulators and increasing line pressure sounds great, but it's pretty time consuming and you really need to pull the trans out to do it, i personally wouldn't bother with that stuff unless your trans is already out!? it would be nice to do though..
So are you saying a 1jz trans would fit a 2jzge engine? is it a direct fit?..sorry, fairly new to all this. I assume the 1jz trans would hold more power than the stock 2jz trans?

What about the 1jz turbo auto trans?
Everything is interchangeable with the 1jz and 2jz trans?
Old 04-02-10, 09:58 AM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

I did it with the tranny in. It's not hard. Just be careful you don't let the accumulators fall out so you don't know what spring goes where. Yeah, I did that... It took a lot of trial and error to get it back right!
Old 04-02-10, 01:54 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by djrazr
So are you saying a 1jz trans would fit a 2jzge engine? is it a direct fit?..sorry, fairly new to all this. I assume the 1jz trans would hold more power than the stock 2jz trans?

What about the 1jz turbo auto trans?
Everything is interchangeable with the 1jz and 2jz trans?
A few people on here are running this setup, i read about it a few months back, i haven't really went further with it since i'm running such low boost at the moment, from what i remember the 1jz trans and 2jzge are almost identical, check out www.clubna-t.com for good trans info..

i think all you really need to do is swap out the wiring harness for the valve body, cause the plugs are different on the 1jz auto.

Originally Posted by ishootstuf
I did it with the tranny in. It's not hard. Just be careful you don't let the accumulators fall out so you don't know what spring goes where. Yeah, I did that... It took a lot of trial and error to get it back right!
dang, i must be lazy cause that sounds like too much work lol.. well plus i don't get to hang out with my buddies working on cars all the time like i used to, basically married now and have a baby so my car days are more limited now.. i personally plan on just going w58 or something if my auto goes out lol..
Old 04-02-10, 03:12 PM
RawkusX187
Lexus Test Driver

xs power might be selling products if you guys think is good, but I remember about 3-4years ago they werent so good especially with manifolds and the welding quality but for the price I guess is upto you.
Old 04-02-10, 03:30 PM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RawkusX187
xs power might be selling products if you guys think is good, but I remember about 3-4years ago they werent so good especially with manifolds and the welding quality but for the price I guess is upto you.
2 years of abuse from me and no failures. To put that in perspective, I cracked the FACTORY Lexus exhaust manifold.
Old 04-03-10, 03:54 AM
derekhale
Driver School Candidate

wow I did not know the 1JZ auto was so cheap.....that might be the route I take...definately sounds easier