SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

1jz swap in SC400

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-10, 08:14 AM
MrFairlady
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All you 1JZ swapped SC400 guys....Is the wiring all the same as far as Body plugs goes?
I can only get My car to "turn over" but not start.

Anyone confirm wiring is plug in play other than the extensions?
Old 06-09-10, 09:23 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's not PNP on the SC4 you will have to switch couple wires around, you will need to trace and match the wires up.
Old 06-09-10, 11:55 AM
MrFairlady
Driver

Originally Posted by quickGS300
It's not PNP on the SC4 you will have to switch couple wires around, you will need to trace and match the wires up.
Ok.Have you performed the swap or assisted on a sc400...or are you going by what you "heard",read info on where this is true, or simply stating what you "think" is necessary to perform the swap in the sc400?

not saying it to be a smartass but you know how this stuff goes - 1 person could mention 1 issue with a swap and it Becomes a Giant mele'.
if you've read it somewhere Then Please supply Factual threads and posts to back that up.
I need to figure this out so help is what I need,..not an open ended statement.

if you know of any members than have done it.Send them to this thread of course.
Old 06-09-10, 12:01 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFairlady
Ok.Have you performed the swap or assisted on a sc400...or are you going by what you "heard",read info on where this is true, or simply stating what you "think" is necessary to perform the swap in the sc400?

not saying it to be a smartass but you know how this stuff goes - 1 person could mention 1 issue with a swap and it Becomes a Giant mele'.
if you've read it somewhere Then Please supply Factual threads and posts to back that up.
I need to figure this out so help is what I need,..not an open ended statement.

if you know of any members than have done it.Send them to this thread of course.

I think he has done the swap. Regardless, he knows what he's talking about. I have a 1jz in an SC400 and he has provided me with great help. I didn't do the swap so I can't answer any questions for you. Good luck though,
Jonny
Old 06-09-10, 12:30 PM
MrFairlady
Driver

Originally Posted by Dx3
I think he has done the swap. Regardless, he knows what he's talking about.
Well This is my point exactly of most of these types of threads.Dead End info.

Tell me this then.What did you have to do on your swap "quickgs300" ,..that will @least get me in a direction other then telling me "you have to move some stuff".thats pretty Vague to be honest.You agree?
Were the Injectors and ignitor not getting power,in order to resort to moving wires like mentioned in this thread?

I'm sure the wires May differ year to year but can't be That much.
With wiring harness' still made by hand surely they wouldn't change Much.
Old 06-09-10, 01:18 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Well This is my point exactly of most of these types of threads.Dead End info.

Tell me this then.What did you have to do on your swap "quickgs300" ,..that will @least get me in a direction other then telling me "you have to move some stuff".thats pretty Vague to be honest.You agree?
Were the Injectors and ignitor not getting power,in order to resort to moving wires like mentioned in this thread?

I'm sure the wires May differ year to year but can't be That much.
With wiring harness' still made by hand surely they wouldn't change Much.
I'd suggest a change in attitude if you expect to get any help. You are asking people who don't know you to take their own personal time, without consideration for their time, to help you with your issue. Instead of giving people attitude, a little gratitude may be better served to help your case...

Jonny
Jonny
Old 06-09-10, 01:48 PM
MrFairlady
Driver

Originally Posted by Dx3
I'd suggest a change in attitude if you expect to get any help. You are asking people who don't know you to take their own personal time, without consideration for their time, to help you with your issue. Instead of giving people attitude, a little gratitude may be better served to help your case...

Jonny
Jonny

Wow, really?...so if i ask "pretty please with Sugar on top" you think I'll get some help.I'm not sure your understanding my point and are taking it as attitude.
I'm not calling anyone out in general....I'm asking a Question and making a statement at the same time - and have posted this same statement about 4 times on all diff threads ABOUT :ALL the Dead end info and Threads that are totally Incomplete.

**My point is,is everyone on this Board I have Found to NOT have done thier swaps/repairs themselves (tell me I'm lying) - and seem to have someone else Work on thier cars for them (which for some reasons are understandable) and don't have all the Facts, but Act like they do.

I'm very patient and have read through about every 1JZ swap thread the last 3-4 months while getting my Swap installed and Finally ready to crank. All the Build or swap threads are the same.Someone has a problem and fixes it,..yet dosen't tell anyone what they did.
in Trying to get an answer for my Delima is coming back with mis-information.
Even the Big Bad 1JZ in Sc400 thread thats 12pages lone.Guess what.Incomplete.

You need to take it easy and Look through what you think is attitude but see that I'm actually correct in what I'm finding.
its ok.I just Need some people with SC400's that have done the swap to chime in with what they did - - - -IF There's anyone out there That Did it themselves.Know what I mean.
Old 06-09-10, 02:03 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Wow, really?...so if i ask "pretty please with Sugar on top" you think I'll get some help.

At this point even if you offered them a reach-around I don't think you will get much help... But keep up with your sarcasm, looks like it's gotten you pretty far already

Jonny
Old 06-09-10, 02:09 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know for a fact that they are different, I work on all type of SCs almost everyday...
I have atleast 10 swaps under my belt so i know what am talking about.
I understand where you coming from, i always try to interchange to see what work and what doesn't.
Do you know what year soarer the 1JZ came out of? What year is your car?

I have 1JZ in my car last year it was a 92 SC3, 1 month later i decided to swap the setup in the 95 SC3 that i bought, after the swap i had all these stupid lights on my dash , after a couple days messing with it i realise that a couple of wires needed to be switch around and problem solve, remember i've never had a non lihts on the dash when the engine was in my 92 SC3 and the harness was made for the 92 SC300.
I had to move two wires around on the 92 SC3 the oil level lights is located where the oil pressure is on the 95 SC3.
Wiring colors are different from year to year.

The BodY Plugs between the SC4 and SC3 are identical they both looks the same and almost all the wires matches in color.
I really wanna help you but i have alot on my plate right now seriously, working on 3 project.
No spark and no fuel.
Your issue might be in the Body plugs SIr..
Old 06-09-10, 07:50 PM
MrFairlady
Driver

Originally Posted by Dx3
At this point even if you offered them a reach-around I don't think you will get much help... But keep up with your sarcasm, looks like it's gotten you pretty far already

Jonny
Dude..chill.Your still not getting it.
1:It was a joke
2:None of this was in any way directed towards you.No one else got upset but you.
you are taking the internet waaay to serious.
Thanks anyway though.
all i was looking for was DIRECTION and QuickGS300 supplied just what I needed.Not for someone to figure it out for me.

I DID Figure it out BTWJust so ya know.
I'll leave it open ended just like all the other threads I've read so someone with a similar issue will Stumble upon this and Draw a giant Blank.

Thanks QuickGS