Old 12-16-22, 08:19 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

2jzge ecu pinout
http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4...ngine%20Wiring

2jzgte ecu pinouts
http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/3...ngine%20Wiring

I think the ge and gte automatics have different connectors so unless you have a donor gte harness it will take comparing and rewiring with the correct connectors.
There are lots of places that make custom harnesses for the SC and supra chassis, they could also make one that would work with a gte automatic if you are willing to get a new harness made.
Old 03-08-23, 02:48 PM
ZOOT3D240
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tps ffim

Alright boys im back. Ran the oem ge intake for years and now upgraded to a ffim but its got a aftermarket throttle body. I'm having a hard time calibrating it for a aristo gte tps sensor. I flipped the 4 wires and check continuity. Is this even possible or should I just order a flange for a q45 throttle body and the tps adaptor? I have a spare q45 throttle body laying around. Id like to try an get this aftermarket throttlebody to work though. Lmk if anybody has had success running aftermarket throttle body.

The following users liked this post:
Kris9884 (03-17-23)
Old 03-08-23, 06:46 PM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Accufab makes a good one.

gadgetSC
Old 03-10-23, 10:29 AM
ZOOT3D240
Rookie

Whats the values for the tt ecu aristo tps? Or is there a writeup on calibrating one?
Old 03-17-23, 04:17 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ZOOT3D240
Whats the values for the tt ecu aristo tps? Or is there a writeup on calibrating one?
Here's the procedure, pretty long winded but ultimately, you'll need a volt meter and 5 mins.

https://www.supraforums.com/threads/...cedure.450071/
Old 03-17-23, 04:31 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Finally ironed out all of the bugs, had to replace the 2 wire temp sensor, run a new IGF and find a better ground for the coils and it starts up every time now. I've got a small boost leak under the FFIM but I'll track that down during the next oil and filter change. She's alive!!

Does the JDM Supra ECU need a BCC or FCD? I'm hitting boost/fuel cut and not sure which to grab.

Thank you all who have posted over the years to allow me to reference this thread and finally fulfill a dream of mine.

Ali SC3 (03-17-23)
Old 03-17-23, 10:15 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,202 Likes on 833 Posts

^^ Looking SO GOOD. If you're going to push over about a bar of boost you will need a boost cut defender to keep from hitting boost cut. Love the engine bay pics and the stance on that car.
Kris9884 (03-17-23)
Old 03-17-23, 11:02 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Originally Posted by RudysSC
^^ Looking SO GOOD. If you're going to push over about a bar of boost you will need a boost cut defender to keep from hitting boost cut. Love the engine bay pics and the stance on that car.
Thanks! Been a lot of blood sweat and tears to get to this point but, totally worth it. The wheels are BC Forged LE10 in 19x10F and 19x11.5R "Supra Fitment offset", wheels and HKS coilovers were my first upgrades lol.

So the JDM ECU needs the Greddy BCC, not the FCD right? I always get it mixed up between the JDM/USDM ECU's and which one needs which.
RudysSC (03-28-23)
Old 03-17-23, 03:41 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Basically the same thing but named differently by each company for some reason. Watch the AFRs with those wrx injectors depending on what size they are.
You can also run 550s and a simple afc for more fuel, that lowers the map signal so it also raises boost cut several psi higher, but if you want more boost then get one of the boost cut solutions.
There is also a speed cut, its around 110-115 mph (around 150 km/h due to being JDM), they make stuff for that also. The usdm ecu models also have a cut but it is a bit higher than that.
If you are manual the ecu doesn't technically need the speed wire but it may throw a code.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ali SC3:
Kris9884 (03-17-23), RudysSC (03-28-23)
Old 03-17-23, 06:50 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Basically the same thing but named differently by each company for some reason. Watch the AFRs with those wrx injectors depending on what size they are.
You can also run 550s and a simple afc for more fuel, that lowers the map signal so it also raises boost cut several psi higher, but if you want more boost then get one of the boost cut solutions.
There is also a speed cut, its around 110-115 mph (around 150 km/h due to being JDM), they make stuff for that also. The usdm ecu models also have a cut but it is a bit higher than that.
If you are manual the ecu doesn't technically need the speed wire but it may throw a code.
They're Bosch "Green Giant" 440's, had to go to EV1 plugs but they're high Imp and drop in fit for this rail and manifold.

I'll get my Innovate SCG1 installed this week to watch boost and AFR's. I'll stick with 440's and the speed limiter until I grab a stand alone next winter and add in flex fuel, just gonna enjoy what I have this Summer.
Old 03-28-23, 07:05 AM
SimbaSC300
Driver School Candidate

Default 1995 SC300 NA-T mod issues

Hey Ali, I just picked up a 1995 Lexus SC300 w/ a r154 trans last Saturday, it is a NA-T setup with a Aristo ECU, unfortunately the owner couldn't give me much info on it because he didn't do the work but it appears to be setup following your guide, that being said it is having some issues and I'm running on a budget so if I could get this running as opposed to going standalone and retuning it that would be ideal. At the moment it starts up fine but may die on first start up if it has sat for a while, it runs incredibly rich it blew through a tank gas on a 90 mile drive home and spat out black smoke like a diesel if i tried to go into boost, and if I did get into boost it would immediately break up as well. I included some photos below and the build list but I'm curious if you would have any clue or be able to point me in the direction of a solution for this.

Attached Files
File Type: mov
Video.mov (6.98 MB, 8 views)
Old 03-29-23, 12:19 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

So first few things I noticed is that is an aristo ecu not a supra 6 speed ecu like you said.
not a big deal but good to note it is from an automatic.

There is alot going on on that build. I dont ever run the gte to ge adapter it causes more issues than doing any good, if you have to have a oem gte intake get the dodo lower runners for the proper conversion or put it back to stock.

My guess would be assuming the head was assembled back together properly and it is just something electronic, would be the map sensor or the tps sensor.
when you use a gte throttle body the main tps rotates a different direction so you have to flip the 4 pins in the connector when using a ge harness and a gte tps.
That could be causing the issue by itself if they were not flipped. I would also check the map sensor output but if you are driving it at all it is probably working.
I see the maf on the intake pipe, maybe he is still using it as a air temp sensor but the jdm gte ecu does not need a maf.

Seems like whoever did the conversion was a little all over the place, so you will probably have to give everything important a look over especially the wiring.
There really isn't that much extra though, but if it looks like it is not electrical my next bet would be you have a leak on that intake adapter Frankenstein thing somewhere.
Do some more troubleshooting and if you have specific questions post them up but honestly would have to give everything a look, wiring, vacuum lines etc..
Old 03-29-23, 12:31 PM
SimbaSC300
Driver School Candidate

So since I made this post I talked with the previous owner and he informed me that the owner who sold it to him also gave him a jdm supra gte ecu which is why the mod list said that, is it possible that it was wired up for the supra ecu and not the aristo one and that is why it is running into issues? He ended up selling that ecu so I don't have it but the thought crossed my mind.
Old 04-02-23, 08:01 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

They are wired the same except for the A/c needing a relay. Some other small differences like the rev limiter but nothing that should cause major issues it should run fine on either ecu. Make sure the ecu is good and the map sensor and other major sensors are good, the tps needs to be wired right like I said before. Check for check engine light codes also.
Old 04-13-23, 04:28 PM
Z30PT
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an automatic transmission, its possible to make this mod? TT Ecu mod but using a TT automatic ecu?

Quick Reply: 2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod