SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-12, 11:15 PM
Chris88
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back to the beginning

Sorry to be looping right back to the start, my excuse is the slowest internet in the world that takes 5 minutes to load each page of this thread.

The JDM TT ECU used here is probably the ECU from a 2JZ-GTE Supra (I can't find anywhere that actually says that), but will this work using the 1JZ-GTE ECU from a JDM Soarer?

The 1JZ-GTE ECU (and Soarer TT coils etc.) are much easier to get in the UK.
Old 10-15-12, 07:24 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by ishootstuf
2500 feet

I'm hoping my ECU isn't bad since I bought it from the same guy who sold me a bad MAP and now won't return my emails.
that altitude will have some effect, its like 1 psi for every 2000ft as a general guide I believe so its possible to have raised boost cut depending on how the ecu is programmed. yeah with all the map sensors and ecu's out there its a real pain to just figure out which ones work.

Originally Posted by SixSense
Hey Ali I adjusted the timing back to 8 degrees and the car was still sluggish it doesn't feel so strong at lower boost levels really doesn't feel like boost at all until I'm around 11-15 psi I've just been working on finding leaks for a while now but I have t clamps on everything and a new larger intercooler so ill just keep messing around until I get a light bulb...
yeah the timing not so much for the power but for it to just run better/safer.
might have to do with the acis in the stock intake as I was mentioning earlier, as I don't have any of these issues with my FFIM. may need to set it to where its the short runner all the time.

Originally Posted by Chris88
Sorry to be looping right back to the start, my excuse is the slowest internet in the world that takes 5 minutes to load each page of this thread.

The JDM TT ECU used here is probably the ECU from a 2JZ-GTE Supra (I can't find anywhere that actually says that), but will this work using the 1JZ-GTE ECU from a JDM Soarer?

The 1JZ-GTE ECU (and Soarer TT coils etc.) are much easier to get in the UK.
the mod uses a a JDM 2jzgte ecu from an Aristo or from a Supra because they have the same ecu plugs as a 2jzge.

the 1jzgte has its own unique ecu plug, that is not shared with the 2jz ecu's at all.
Also the 1jzgte uses batch fire on the injectors, which is not the same as the 2jz.
Old 10-16-12, 06:29 AM
SixSense
Driver

All i can say is wooooooooooow man this thing is a horse she never pulled like this before and the following pictures will explain why dnt judge my engine bay lol its coming together but my last charge pipe didnt have the correct bend and was putting to much tension on my tb coupler and heat plus tension = the pic below so i had a new pipe fabbed up (freebie ) and it solved all those problems i added a few extra pics also and yea that can on the back i found yesterday at the local pull a part its a authentic apexi n1 and i got it for 12.50 mind you it had a few scratches but who cares im gonna scrape it on speed humps anyways

ps car is dirrrrrty in pics!!!
Attached Thumbnails 2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod-img_0430.jpg   2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod-img_0428.jpg   2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod-img_0426.jpg   2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod-img_0427.jpg  

Last edited by SixSense; 10-16-12 at 06:32 AM.
Old 10-16-12, 07:37 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

yeah that is a good sized hole in that coupler, glad you found it that should make one huge difference.
Setup is getting there, looking pretty good. I like the right side single exit not alot of people do that these days unless its a soarer.
Old 10-16-12, 08:05 AM
SixSense
Driver

Thanks man I'm doing what I can with this chump change lol and yes the difference is night and day man when it first hit boost after I fixed it I was just riding saying woooooowa for about 5 mins straight true story!
Old 10-16-12, 08:30 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's the simple things first, isn't it?

Way to go!

I almost have my "ZZ" COP's wired in.

That, and I'm waiting on a JDM upper intake manifold I am going to fab on.

I am trying to do a full OEM conversion, or at least as many OEM parts as possible.
Old 10-16-12, 09:24 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

yeah its always nice when it turns out to be an easy fix.
Let us know how the ZZ coils go they are def a good coil if they will work I think we can stop using gte coils entirely.

JDM intake is nice if done right, since the rest of the stuff you can use stock parts for and should perform well.
Can't go wrong with OEM, There are a lot of positives using the 2jzgte stuff as we have learnt.
I finally drove a stock TT 6spd supra, and it blew my mind how fast that twin sequential system builds boost.
I wouldn't try and replicate all the twin stuff though in that case I would just get a GTE but man does it get going well.
Old 10-16-12, 11:35 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
I finally drove a stock TT 6spd supra, and it blew my mind how fast that twin sequential system builds boost.
I wouldn't try and replicate all the twin stuff though in that case I would just get a GTE but man does it get going well.
I'll be doing a Borg Warner Single, but aren't those BPU MKIV's a ton of fun!?

I've only gotten to drive a BPU 93 MKIV myself, but it was super enjoyable. Congrats!

The coils are looking good, all I need are intake and exhaust manifolds now.
Old 10-16-12, 11:57 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spoolxexo
I'll be doing a Borg Warner Single, but aren't those BPU MKIV's a ton of fun!?

I've only gotten to drive a BPU 93 MKIV myself, but it was super enjoyable. Congrats!

The coils are looking good, all I need are intake and exhaust manifolds now.
yeah single turbo is a completely different animal up top, but yeah those BPU MKIV's are a ton of fun. after the car was fitted with a downpipe, you can hear the fist turbo working away literally as soon as you press the throttle. combine that with the 6 spd, and you can keep the boost up in all rpm ranges.
Old 10-16-12, 01:02 PM
sj408
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey ali, havent been able to get on in a few weeks. Just putting my car together after blowing the rings. Guess what? opened up my wastegate and somebody put a 1.5bar spring in there and i never even hit boost cut..... i wonder why my **** blew? hahahahahaha kidding.

I have everything back together and it doesnt seem to wanna start and its not getting spark in one of the coils. Its getting power but no spark. I have a good ol code 14 for ignition signal. Im assuming that means theres a break in my signal wire giving it incorrect signal not allowing the coil to fire? Gonna re do the harness and solder everything if possible.

It shouldnt be a big problem since it was running fine before, code 14 is just a break in signal right? nothing else?
Old 10-16-12, 01:55 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

yeah overboost = bad. gotta have a boost gauge when setting up your stuff or you will never know if you do.

did you tear down the block? if so you probably had to take pretty much everything apart so it could even be the distributor being off, which is usually the culprit if its been removed recently.
it could also be a bad coil or the wiring for one of the coils, or even just the IGF wire, check connections at the ecu and ignitor first, before rewiring anything make sure everything is seated.
Old 10-16-12, 05:30 PM
SixSense
Driver

Originally Posted by spoolxexo
It's the simple things first, isn't it?

Way to go!

I almost have my "ZZ" COP's wired in.

That, and I'm waiting on a JDM upper intake manifold I am going to fab on.

I am trying to do a full OEM conversion, or at least as many OEM parts as possible.
Yea thanks man and good luck with the coils bro a little time always fixes things in the end haha

Btw im truely scared for my engine i dnt even boost past 1st gear anymore lol im afraid the HG might go any tips from the board will be noted and taken into serious consideration
Old 10-16-12, 06:36 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SixSense
Yea thanks man and good luck with the coils bro a little time always fixes things in the end haha

Btw im truely scared for my engine i dnt even boost past 1st gear anymore lol im afraid the HG might go any tips from the board will be noted and taken into serious consideration
get a tial wg and put a 10psi spring in it and run it on the wg spring or get some bigger injectors and run E85
Old 10-17-12, 09:19 AM
sj408
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
yeah overboost = bad. gotta have a boost gauge when setting up your stuff or you will never know if you do.

did you tear down the block? if so you probably had to take pretty much everything apart so it could even be the distributor being off, which is usually the culprit if its been removed recently.
it could also be a bad coil or the wiring for one of the coils, or even just the IGF wire, check connections at the ecu and ignitor first, before rewiring anything make sure everything is seated.
Yeah tore everything down. semi built now,

Ended up re wiring the signal wire and soldering the splice at the old igniter plug and it started firing fine. Then the car still wouldnt start and we played with the distributor for a bit and i guess my buddy looked down at the cam gears and the exhaust side was 3-4 teeth retarded.....

I wish i woulda taken a picture cause i havent a clue how it dialed itself back but once we put it back it fired right up
Old 10-17-12, 06:55 PM
SixSense
Driver

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
get a tial wg and put a 10psi spring in it and run it on the wg spring or get some bigger injectors and run E85
I have a tial already with a 7psi spring but i dnt think its seated correctly i think i hear it crack open around 14-15ish psi

but im gonna make it my mission to do what ive been trying not to do and take the damn mani off and reseat the wg gonna be a long weekend lol

Quick Reply: 2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod