SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-13, 03:25 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

oh I know exactly what that dipping is, that means you need to turn your tps more to the left, when you have it turned to far to the right IDL is not engaged and will dip when you first touch the throttle each time you start it until it learns its not working.
so loosen the 2 screws and turn it counter clockwise some on a ge intake, then it will rev right as soon as you press the throttle.
Old 08-23-13, 04:55 PM
RickyDavis
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still getting that flat spot. Checked all my couplers and vacuum caps.
Old 08-24-13, 10:28 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

so the tps adjustment didn't work? you could have a bad tps that has happened to me before but its hard to be sure.
Old 08-29-13, 10:45 AM
briggs33
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So just wanted to update. Have had my car running absolutely perfect for the past few months. whoever does this make sure you gap your plugs down to .030-.028. I was still getting some misfires under boost at .33 and finally decided to change plugs again to the ones i wanted, NGK 6097, that no local shops stocked. Also i changed my old wires that were way too long for my new coils and all misfire issues were resolved.

Next step i am going to get my AC back on once my buddy is done borrowing it. First purchase any rx7 owner should make is a 2jz vehicle to use as a backup
Old 08-30-13, 07:16 AM
RickyDavis
Driver

Update. My boost leak issue was coming from my exhaust manifold gasket. Anytime I get into boost for anything more than 2 seconds, my check engine light comes on.
Old 08-30-13, 08:23 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyDavis
Update. My boost leak issue was coming from my exhaust manifold gasket. Anytime I get into boost for anything more than 2 seconds, my check engine light comes on.
manifold maybe wrapped, take it off and run it on a belt sander or have your local machine shop mill it.

Used the stock ge exhaust manifold gasket not the one that comes with the exhaust manifold.

The Stock one is steel and you can reuse it , that's what ive always done.
Old 08-30-13, 08:33 AM
RickyDavis
Driver

wrapped or warped? I haven't even put 500 miles on the setup yet. Or 100 for that matter. The exhaust leak is heard from the manifold right beside the turbo in the middle of the manifold. I actually used the steel gaskets from before not the ones that came with the manifold.
Old 08-30-13, 08:57 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry warped.

Yes the flange is warped from welding , when you first bought. I got wraped from the time is was getting welding together in China not your fault.

take it off and run it on a belt sander or have your local machine shop resurface it for you.
Old 08-30-13, 10:13 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

^^ yeah its possible it is warped or not flat enough to seal right, you could try and use the thicker gaskets that come with it that what I used from the XS power kit, they might actually seal better with a slightly warped one because they are thicker and compress more.
the stock one is better and reusable but since its so thin everything has to be flat like quicksc4 said.
Also when torqueing it down make sure you do it evenly in a couple passages and torque it down evenly. If you tighten one side down before the other side completely you could cause some warping on it right there, or if you tighten one side more than the other after it heat cycles it will warp.
Old 08-30-13, 02:10 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Ali - I am trying to do some experiment as I mentioned to you before. Did I read it right on this thread that you are using the Q45 throttle body and q45 tps and it works fine with the JDM TT ECU ?
Old 08-30-13, 04:28 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

I used the q45 before but I used the toyota tps with the adapter you can get from beech performance or through drift motion. I have heard of some using the q45 tps but it didn't work for me at first so I just moved on and got the adapter. The Nissan tps has a mess of wires coming out of it lol, I only ever used that tps with the standalone.
Someone did start a thread and put up some diagrams for the ge wiring harness to q45 more recently but I haven't tried that I had already used the adapter.
Old 08-31-13, 05:16 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Thank you Ali - I found it... that thread by Duhafnusa4 is great. Tried it and even the IDL pin / switch works.

The second set of wiring on the q45 tps is actually a close throttle position switch that determines if throttle is closed or open which mimicks the IDL pin . Yehey - that means I don't need to use a greddy tps adapter and use the mkiv sub throttle tps to be able to try the JDM ecu and smaller injectors while learning on the new ECU.
Old 08-31-13, 08:56 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

That's good news, yeah idl was the issue and the old wiring diagrams on supra forums did not work for my sc or there was a wiring issue I guess. These ones the op said worked so that's good to know, I have one of those tps's laying around somewhere. Yeah the Nissan tps is just a mess though there are like extra power wires and stuff on it toyota got it right only need 4 wires to do the job. Once you wire it up it should work for both then.
Old 08-31-13, 09:48 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Ali - Allow me to post a picture of the Nissan TPS I am using on the Q45 here on your thread hoping it helps others who wants to use the Q45 Throttle body and the Nissan TPS already installed. That will save them money from buying a N/A tps or MKIV sub-throttle tps and a greddy tps adapter. If you think it ain't neeeded or necessary please feel free to delete the post.

The older model Nissan TPS I believe have one 3 pin connector on the tps and another 3 wires separate with another connector just like that on the thread of duhafnusa4 . I guess they have exactly the same wiring diagrams .

I believe the reason why they used 6 wires , they were trying to use the same tps for a lot of different models on their line-up. Some of their cars have pin # 6-5 normally closed just like picture on the left and some have pin # 4-5 normally closed just like picture on the right.

My tps is same as that on the left . Wire 5 is basically common .. so I connected it to ground which is #1 on the mkiv sub-throttle tps. Wire 6 is my IDL pin since it is normally closed while throttle body is closed... just like the way #2 on the mkiv sub-thrrotle tps is closed or has zero resistance with #1 when throttle body is closed.

Hope it helps others and as I said feel free to delete this post if not needed here.

Name:  nissandualtps_zps855a5c2c.jpg
Views: 1853
Size:  96.0 KB
Old 09-02-13, 05:51 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

yeah that is great info should help out other understand how to wire it. So the wiring in the Duhafnusa4's thread is correct I take it and works with the toyota ecu. I will be sure to let people know that it works then when they ask me in the future it is nice to not have to run adapters when you can.

Quick Reply: 2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod