SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Little Red Riding Hood: Cautionary Tale for CL members.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-10, 07:21 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Little Red Riding Hood: Cautionary Tale for CL members.

Well everyone, big and small, smart and dumb, ricer or...whatever..Dont make the same mistake ***I*** made. I trusted somebody from here on CL to help me with a project of mine and I dont think that the communication and levels of business ethics or automotive..nvm..were the greatest. Here are some pointers to anyone and everyone who desides to embark on something as big as what I did. LEARN FROM ***MY**** MISTAKES, please.

1.) Never pay full amount to your CLmember up front..Do half first, and half after services rendered are completely 100% satisfactory to YOUR(you, the buyers) standards. <--probably biggest tip I'd say.

2.) Make sure your CLmember is always there to help you online(which mine was at times) but ALSO that he/she can make visits to your place of residence to help you, obviously not everytime you ask will he/she be able to..but come on atleast once should be fair..this way you dont need to tow your car to your CLmember for help everytime something goes wrong. After enough time and money have been wasted...it begins to matter.

3.) Make sure you are not dealing with a overly dramatic sensitive person. The internet has its limitations and fine lines to how much you really think you know that person. Via txt, email and phone calls everybody can be deceiving and overly confident to boost your confidence in them. If the person you are paying to do something has the slightest doubt something might not work properly, odds are it wont be mentioned.

5.) PAPERWORK, DOCUMENTATION, RECORDS. Anything of that sort is good to have.

6.) Make sure YOU know what YOU are doing. Dont be impulsive.

7.) Dont let anything your CLmember tells you, hurt you or bother you in any way, YOU are the consumer of their rendered goods/services, YOU are always right from the business standpoint of the matter.

8.) Reliability..reliability..reliability. After my 1st only email regarding my opinions and thoughts on his/her services I was responded to with reasons and excuses and advice saying to not be rude followed be a lovely reassuring "Please dont email, call or txt me again." Reliability guys, reliability.

9.) Make sure you get what you paid for. I paid for a up and running car and got a month long headache and bruised ego.

I made these mistakes, learn from them and be sure your beautiful Lexus never has to see 1month plus weeks of not driving due to faulty parts and or services.

I was expecting something great when I embarked on my project, and on a scale of 1 to 100, I was probably 2% satisfied.

No names were mentioned in this. For those who have even the slightest clue as to whom I may be talking about, forget about it. This threads purpose is SOLELY to give a heads up and a few pointers to everyone else.

I really dont want anyone else to go through this. If you feel the need to flame me for complaining about my waste of time and money and lost efforts..bring it.

To my CLmember...Goodluck with your car and family and future.

To all other members, know now that I will not be posting in this thread.

Ashtray-
Old 04-02-10, 07:31 PM
supralative
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry you had a bad dealing with another member on here.
Hopefully it all works out good in the end mang.

We have worked on numerous cars from other members on the forums and I am glad to say so far its been good and we plan on keeping it that way.
Old 04-02-10, 07:52 PM
Dr.Fate
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brother, Been there done that! and learned that it pays just to man up and do it yourself. I'm sorry for the loss.
Old 04-02-10, 07:52 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Sorry you couldnt fix your problems. I hope this doesnt stop you from modifying your car from performance upgrades as your ride is beautiful. All it needs now is powa!!!
Old 04-02-10, 08:02 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,386 Posts

Sounds like this CLMember isn't an approved vendor and is selling services under the table.

Please pm me some more info.

Edit nevermind, pretty easy to figure it out.
Old 04-02-10, 08:43 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow what a bus driver
Old 04-02-10, 08:44 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sucks that you had a bad experience. Did you seek out this individuals help or did they offer assistance when you decided to begin your project?
Old 04-02-10, 08:55 PM
BostonSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear about this man, I think I know who your referring to as well.
Old 04-02-10, 09:14 PM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

had a similiar experience with a member here in NYC... Good pointers to those looking for help/advice on taking on a project of this magnitude.
Old 04-02-10, 09:15 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry man. I am glad everyone who I have dealt with has enjoyed my services.
Old 04-02-10, 09:37 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok I'm going to step in here since he decided to make his statement public, and don't really care if I get banned for it, but don't appreciate getting burned cause someone didn't know what they were getting into by going na-t on an odb-2 SC300.

First of, had I know you(Carlos) didn't know a damn thing about your car or how it worked (i.e- when you asked me how the radiator worked, or what the afr's meant) I would have never sold or installed the kit on your car. I would have left it on my car and continued my build with that exact kit, but chose to go bigger cause I knew the turbo would support my goals in the long run.

Second, there was absolutely NO ISSUES with that na-t kit, and I have well over 50 people that will vouch for that here locally. The only problem was that you failed to learn the BASICS before you blindly jumped into things that are now obviously beyond your automotive comprehension.

Third, I also have people to vouch that your car was running 100% perfect after the last time you came here to finish the last bit of the installation. Your car walked all over a G35, was holding the afr's just fine while in boost at a beautiful 11.2. Only problem was in 3rd gear at wot it was going lean..thats part of the ODB-2 issue and compensation from the ecu.

Fourth, before your stock parts were removed(the bolts were seized, cutting was the only option at the time and you said it was fine to cut them, I asked you SEVERAL times) you were given more than enough warning that there was no turning back at that point. So with that being said, NO I wont and cannot dish out $60 to replace your stock manifold for you cause you dont want to take the time to learn about YOUR car and what YOU wanted done to it.

Final thing, the fact that you insulted me personally cause I didnt drive down to hold your hand when I didnt have work for 2 weeks and had to take care of my family is why I said dont PM/Call/Text/Email...YOU crossed the line. If you wouldnt have given up so damn easy, and would have looked in your "problem" thread, you would have seen that I offered not 2 days ago to drive down there to lend a hand in the next week or so. Unlike you, my mommie and daddy dont give me money when I need it. I work for the things I have, and I have bills and a family to take care of and they come FIRST, not YOUR car that you failed to learn about.

To everyone else, make all the assumptions about me you want, but the bottom line is this thread is purely fault of the OP due to know knowing the basics of automotive performance/maintenance/trouble-shooting. I have done nothing on this thread but try and give 100% accurate information to those who ask, or atleast point people in the proper direction if I didnt have the answer. I try to be fair, and not burn people to badly when they ask silly questions, or make a boo-boo and mess something up.

To those who have given me information or helped me out on anything, I thank you kindly, and hope that your kindness never backfires in your face. To the MODS, sorry this went public, didnt think he would cross the line 2 times in one day with me.

Im out, will take my information to a forum where people know WTF they are doing before they buy ****...peace out
Old 04-02-10, 10:59 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

in before the lock..

but even with that turbodremz not everyone here is 100% knows about their cars. Some people are here to learn more not come 100% knowing what AFR/EGR/and MAF/all CEL codes. I dont know all the details of what happened but i know ashtray has been banging his head on his build.

Aside from that ashtray must of trusted you with his car and theres a reason for that because he didnt know how to do it himself.

To rag on his auto knowledge isnt a really good discussion point, if he knows once you installed it and you cant troubleshoot it anymore hes on his own. I dont think you should up and leave based on one problem you had on this forum with him.

We are here to help people, if he payed for your services it is only understandable that he feels ripped off if its not working.
Old 04-02-10, 11:12 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

this thread is useless.

if you guys have problems then solve them between yourselves. do the "that CL member" thing is stupid. either come out and say what happened or deal with it out your own.

Dave will take care of this though

to the OP. seriously do research about what you are getting yourself into.

one question? did you pay for the kit and the labor to put it on and tune etc was part of the gentlemans agreement or did you may the man for the kit, the labor, and tune, etc everything to get it running like it should?

thats the most important questions i think.
Old 04-03-10, 12:29 AM
BostonSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Turbo don't leave the forums bro. Theres no need for it you've been a great contribution to all my projects I've needed you for thus far. Its a silly mix up and theres no reason someone with 2000+ posts should leave. I truly hope you guys can figure this out and wind up staying on the site.
Old 04-03-10, 01:20 AM
booyaSC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by eliteskill
in before the lock..

but even with that turbodremz not everyone here is 100% knows about their cars. Some people are here to learn more not come 100% knowing what AFR/EGR/and MAF/all CEL codes. I dont know all the details of what happened but i know ashtray has been banging his head on his build.

Aside from that ashtray must of trusted you with his car and theres a reason for that because he didnt know how to do it himself.

To rag on his auto knowledge isnt a really good discussion point, if he knows once you installed it and you cant troubleshoot it anymore hes on his own. I dont think you should up and leave based on one problem you had on this forum with him.

We are here to help people, if he payed for your services it is only understandable that he feels ripped off if its not working.
I was trying to be nice..but when he gave up on the build, and expected me to pay to replace the stock na manifold, and I told him I couldnt at this point in time cause I have a family and my own build to finish and didnt have work for 2 weeks, and he attacks me personally then makes all this BS public, Im not going to put up with it...and not my choice on leaving, talk to Dave about that...he banned me before he even knew the whole story...

THANKS DAVE

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
this thread is useless.

if you guys have problems then solve them between yourselves. do the "that CL member" thing is stupid. either come out and say what happened or deal with it out your own.

Dave will take care of this though

to the OP. seriously do research about what you are getting yourself into.

one question? did you pay for the kit and the labor to put it on and tune etc was part of the gentlemans agreement or did you may the man for the kit, the labor, and tune, etc everything to get it running like it should?

thats the most important questions i think.
I was trying to keep it civil and between us, till he went and made it personal and public and again got me banned. The kit, labor and tune was all included in the agreement..and all was good the last time I had his car in my posession, then he got the car back home and started having one issue after another...if anyone was to go back to his problem thread, on the 31st I told him to give me some time and I would drive down there and help him out so he didnt have to scrap the project...but he spit in my face. I wasnt giving up on helping him, but he needs to keep in mind I am a father of 3, and I have a life as well.

Originally Posted by BostonSC4
Turbo don't leave the forums bro. Theres no need for it you've been a great contribution to all my projects I've needed you for thus far. Its a silly mix up and theres no reason someone with 2000+ posts should leave. I truly hope you guys can figure this out and wind up staying on the site.

Boston thank you for the kind words, but I think Dave will even ban this account just cause he has some kind of personal issue with me for some reason...Ill come back if allowed, but I would like to keep my original account, but again seems Dave like to jump to the negatives instead of talking to people and getting the whole story before banning people...

again, THANKS DAVE

Quick Reply: Little Red Riding Hood: Cautionary Tale for CL members.