SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Sunroof removal help

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-10, 10:12 AM
Shadowen
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof removal help

Hello all, I'm changing the interior of my car to black leather. I've been able to remove the entire interior including the Headliner. I took the sunroof assembly out and I need to know how to get the cover that slides over the window out. I'm replacing the lining by gluing another up and I need the sliding window cover to match. I'm going to match it to the dark grey color of the sun visors I think.
Or, I'll just redo the visors in black headliner material.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 04-06-10, 01:09 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are two plastic stops in the middle of the sunroof assembly that prevents the panel from sliding back. Remove those. Slide the panel to the rear and gently bend the panel till it pops out. There is enough flex in that panel to slip out.
Old 04-06-10, 03:18 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't wait to see how the SC turns out when finished!

How about some picture updates of everything thus far, and plans in the immediate/not too distant future? I hope you pic a nice kit, and nice rims w/proper offsets!!! If you need any assistance, I will definitely help with ideas, and finding good deals--- Btw, did you choose some Memoryfab, Sparco, or any other seats yet to match the black interior?

Keep it classy man!
Old 04-07-10, 12:07 AM
Shadowen
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shern
There are two plastic stops in the middle of the sunroof assembly that prevents the panel from sliding back. Remove those. Slide the panel to the rear and gently bend the panel till it pops out. There is enough flex in that panel to slip out.
Thanks, I will try this tomorrow.

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
I can't wait to see how the SC turns out when finished!

How about some picture updates of everything thus far, and plans in the immediate/not too distant future? I hope you pic a nice kit, and nice rims w/proper offsets!!! If you need any assistance, I will definitely help with ideas, and finding good deals--- Btw, did you choose some Memoryfab, Sparco, or any other seats yet to match the black interior?

Keep it classy man!
I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow when I'm working on it. Right now It's all gutted out. I'm working on a deal for a transmission. I need to find a drive shaft still. I've got the 2jz in the garage, I just need odds and ends to put it together. I'm pretty sure I'm going with the JIC Magic kit. I'm unsure of the wheels at the moment as I just want to get it running before June. I'm sad to say I'll probably end up painting the temp rims I'm using right now black. Lastly I haven't really looked at the seats any more recently.

Here's the link to the most current pics. I'll throw the new ones on there tomorrow. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...k-warning.html
I think I have my answer here so this thread is good.