Lets Talk 2UZFE V161 Manual Conversions

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-10, 06:43 PM
rollexus
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lets Talk 2UZFE V161 Manual Conversions

Hello Everyone,

We are looking to the CL community to come through and put together a AT - Manual conversion that might as well have been done by Toyota when they first manufactured the SC400. We are looking for everyone's experiences with such an endeavor and what they would have done differently. Our project depends on you guys, we need your help please.

What we will not talk about:

Adapters that mate the V160 to the UZFE motors.
Multi disk clutches that are almost impossible to drive.

What we are looking for:

Custom bellhousing that will mate the V161 to the 2UZFE
Flywheel, pressure plate and clutch that will work with such a mate

Has anyone got Quarter Master to put together flywheel, pressure plate and clutch for the UZ?

As mentioned before, we would like this to look as factory as possible, practical (driveable), and easily reproducible.

Mod gurus please enlighten us with your wisdom, you know who you are....

Please do not tell me to search the forums, I have memorized ScottURNot and UZTT's conversion thread

Thanks in Advnaced,

Nick from Toronto

Last edited by rollexus; 04-08-10 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-08-10, 06:59 PM
maynanator
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

bulletcars sells a kit to mate the 1-3uz-fe blocks to r154s, with real, usable clutches.
Old 04-08-10, 07:37 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What are your goals? You say "we" are you doing this with someone else? There is some stuff availible but I would need to search. What kind of power are you looking to push out of your 2uz?
Old 04-08-10, 07:44 PM
rollexus
Pit Crew

Hey Scott,

Thanks for joining. There are two project cars right now. But one of them is starting to take off thanks to people like you and Jeff (TTurboPimp) who is a great guy might I add. I ended buying everything from Jeff, we are looking to make a conservative 600 horse. The customer would like to go with a clutch kit from quarter master and a custom bellhousing.

Nick
Old 04-08-10, 07:49 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Did you get all Jeff's 6 speed swap parts or just the engine? Bell housing would be nice, there have been a few guys devloping them but not sure if any are complete. What about a adaptor between the bellhousing and transmission? Seen that a couple times if I recall right.
Old 04-08-10, 07:52 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

I know a guy that has been working with QM trying to get some slightly more forgiving clutch disc material discs made, I am waiting to see if he gets anywhere and I might change mine. Getting a streetable clutch that will hold 600HP and the torque of the V8 is the trick.
Old 04-08-10, 07:53 PM
rollexus
Pit Crew

I did grab the 6 speed swap that as you may know came with the adapter but not the multi disk clutch. Custom bellhousing will be an elegant alternative. I would really appreciate it if you could head me in the right direction for the bellhousing, clutch disk and material disks. I think I recall chrisman mentioning it on you thread. That guy is impossible to get a hold of.

Nick

Last edited by rollexus; 04-08-10 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-08-10, 07:54 PM
rollexus
Pit Crew

Thanks Scott, I will keep an eye out for that.
Old 04-08-10, 08:04 PM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quarter Master dual plate ready to bolt up to a uz motor to use with a v160

http://ttcperformanceproducts.com/1v1qumaduplc.html
Old 04-08-10, 08:05 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rollexus
I did grab the 6 speed swap that as you know came with the adapter but not the multi disk clutch. Custom bellhousing will be an elegant alternative. I would really appreciate it if you could head me in the right direction for the bellhousing, clutch disk and material disks. I think I recall chrisman mentioning it on you thread. That guy is impossible to get a hold of.

Nick
Chris is really tough to catch up with, I know another guy that can probally get you a QM clutch like the one I have. I will look him up if you are interested. I will search for the bell housings.
Old 04-08-10, 08:17 PM
rollexus
Pit Crew

Hey Scott,

I would really be interested in the bellhousing. As for the clutch we will wait for your friend that is working with QM right now. The customer is trying to avoid the dual plate as much as possible.

Thanks in Advanced,

Nick
Old 04-08-10, 08:19 PM
rollexus
Pit Crew

Hey Klaus,

That is too expensive I can get that clutch for 1700. Mods, I am not selling! Just stating a fact.

Nick
Old 04-08-10, 08:20 PM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm surprised that the multi plate QM is getting that response - is it that much of a PITA? I'm running an HKS triple plate in the mkiv and it drives near stock while capable of holding big power. Significant improvement over my RPS six puck single plate
Old 04-08-10, 08:33 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Scott,

I would really be interested in the bellhousing. As for the clutch we will wait for your friend that is working with QM right now. The customer is trying to avoid the dual plate as much as possible.

Thanks in Advanced,

Nick
I will email him and see what he found out, he is a different guy all together than the other guy I was telling you about.

Hey Klaus,

That is too expensive I can get that clutch for 1700. Mods, I am not selling! Just stating a fact.

Nick
Yep, that one is priced high.

Originally Posted by Klaus
I'm surprised that the multi plate QM is getting that response - is it that much of a PITA? I'm running an HKS triple plate in the mkiv and it drives near stock while capable of holding big power. Significant improvement over my RPS six puck single plate
The twin disc is grabby right at first, seemed to get better with time, either I got used to it or it broke in because it became quite drivable.
Old 04-08-10, 08:33 PM
rollexus
Pit Crew

Is that on a 2JZGE or GTE? The weight and torque of the UZs can take some getting use to. I don't know for sure, never had to do it.

Nick

Originally Posted by Klaus

Last edited by rollexus; 04-08-10 at 08:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Lets Talk 2UZFE V161 Manual Conversions