SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC400 lowered!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-10, 10:40 PM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol @ BEFORE and AFTER height pictures looking damn near the same.

there's hardly any lowering there buddy.
Old 04-09-10, 11:02 PM
djrazr
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So just because an SC owner drops their car, it must be slammed to the ground? If their not slammed, then it's not low enough? I dont see what so comfortable about scraping, slowing down, watching for pot holes etc... After a while, that would get annoying no?

The op is happy with his drop, and is happy that he can drive comfortably and not have to worry about what slammed sc's worry about.
Old 04-09-10, 11:23 PM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by djrazr
so just because an sc owner drops their car, it must be slammed to the ground? If their not slammed, then it's not low enough? I dont see what so comfortable about scraping, slowing down, watching for pot holes etc... After a while, that would get annoying no?

The op is happy with his drop, and is happy that he can drive comfortably and not have to worry about what slammed sc's worry about.
Whoa Whoa Whoa... Calm Down There Grasshopper.

this is a car forum, if the OP posts pics of his/her car, then he/she is expecting replies and opinions.

i didnt say anything about slammed to the ground. i said that there was Hardly any lowering done. sorry You couldn't understand that.

Last edited by MIGS; 04-09-10 at 11:28 PM.
Old 04-09-10, 11:31 PM
Clean400
Lead Lap

I think it looks great. It makes it just going from an SC with mags to an SC that's badass with mags.

I bought sone nf210's and I'm putting them in on Monday! Can't wait. I'll post some pics when it's all said and done.

I wouldn't worry about people saying it's not low enough. Just be happy with what you have. I'd be happy with that drop. Besides I wouldn't want to go any lower where I live... too many potholes and the roads are crap.
Old 04-10-10, 01:01 AM
antnkel
Rookie

LOL wow I think i need to blow up the pictures for you all to see. Everyone has the right to there own opinion. It went from a 2in gap in the front to a a little less thing 1in and if you really cant notice the rears i don't know what to tell yall. Maybe I should have done some step by step for some of you to see.

Thanks for all comments negative and positive

Last edited by antnkel; 04-10-10 at 01:07 AM.
Old 04-10-10, 07:26 AM
kln552
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you're right, everyone has a right to their opinion. However, while some here seem to think you have to turn an SC into a fart-canned, slammed, caricature, some of us do appreciate a little restraint. I think your car looks great, and you won't be creeping through parking lots, chewing up tires and screwing up your car's handling. I'm wondering what part number GR2s and where you got them? When I looked for them for my '97 SC to pair with the Tanabe springs, I couldn't find those shocks for anything but Supras . . . are your springs SC400 or Supra spec?
Old 04-10-10, 08:13 AM
Spooled
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ordered the Tanabe NF210's myself. What size wheel are you running? I will take some good, side-profile shots to show a good before and after.

I hear alot of people say "just save and get some coilovers". Which is true to an extent. But not all of us have the same disposable income like many of the members on this forum still living with their parents seem to have.

I decided to purchase the NF210's and make that my new standard, but by no means am I calling it quits there. I just could not stand to see the wheel gap any longer. Perhaps that what many others are doing. To simply say "drag frame or dont drop it at all" is ignorant.

I think some better before and after pictures could have saved this thread, get some new pics up of the drop, side-shots, no clutter in the pics!
Old 04-10-10, 08:35 AM
0nePutt
Lead Lap

the car will get a little lower. it needs time to work the springs in. i have NF210's on my 97 SC 300 and it didnt even look lower for the first 2-3 weeks. but then it dropped a little. how do you like the KYB's? i gotta get struts too, how do they feel?
Old 04-10-10, 02:07 PM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by antnkel
Maybe I should have done some step by step for some of you to see.
or, maybe you shoudl've taken BETTER pictures, and not semi dark vague ones.
Old 04-10-10, 03:00 PM
2jzLextasy
Rookie

Looks great the rims look familiar
Old 04-10-10, 03:39 PM
blisiono
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looked like mine when I was still on the NF210s. It was a nice drop for a daily driver
Old 04-10-10, 03:47 PM
antnkel
Rookie

it was camera phone pics
Old 04-10-10, 05:54 PM
BostonSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Maybe people need to stop criticizing work someone has done took time to post on a forum. If you don't have something good to say then don't ****ing say anything.

OP congrats man, I'm sorry your car isn't as good as everyone else's apparently. The drop looks great.
Old 04-10-10, 07:48 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

lmfao @ everyone except OP lol...... hey bro good job...im thinking about doing the same thing because i put my kit on a week ago and on stock heights...i've already managed to break the rear lip (wtf!!) & chip the front wise lip (wtf!!!) on the road not parking!!! hahaha!!! so yeah if i go lower its def not getting slammed just something that will get rid of that gap.....anyways just take some real good side pics in a couple of days and see if its dropped anymore...gl with your build...
Old 04-10-10, 07:52 PM
the3rd
Driver

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
needs more low....

Why dont people just invest the little bit of extra money to get a nice set of coilovers...
camber adjustment, hight adjustment and damper adjustment?!
People who spend the time and money to get pretty much the same as stock will always confuse me...
I think coilovers are waste if you aren't tracking your car. I bet most people running them don't even get their suspension corner balanced. I'll probably do the same as the OP but go with a bit more aggressive spring rate.

Quick Reply: SC400 lowered!