SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC400 lowered!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-10, 09:25 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by the3rd
I think coilovers are waste if you aren't tracking your car. I bet most people running them don't even get their suspension corner balanced. I'll probably do the same as the OP but go with a bit more aggressive spring rate.
Coilovers waste? I doubt it what if you desire a certain drop, but strut/springs don't cut it what are you going to do?

I personally dont think its annoying watching out of dips/potholes cause even if your not dropped aren't don't you want to avoid the pothole anyways? Its just like 5spd and traffic, you'll get use to it.
Old 04-10-10, 09:33 PM
Photon440
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks good to me, antnkel. I can see the difference.

-=Photon=-
Old 04-10-10, 10:00 PM
antnkel
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for all the comments good or bad! Everyone is entitled to there opinions I'm not hating on anyone that is saying that my car looks no difference. I see the differences and feel the difference with the new struts. So I'm very happy with me car, its my second sc and this is my daily driven car. Everyone has there own style and this is mine simple, clean, and drivable to my needs.

CLUB LEXUS FTW!!
Old 04-12-10, 08:48 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I agree with you completely. You will NEVER get everyone happy on here. Just think if no one posted pictures of before and after.. There would be no forum at all. I think it looks good, but its in all of what you are after. Who cares what everyone else thinks. People rolling on 24 and 26" wheels, think their car looks good also!
Old 04-12-10, 09:51 AM
booga
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is a bad angle shot in terms of visual comparison since the picture was taken from opposite directions.

I want to do the same with dropping a little without sacrificing ride comfort. What size rims do you have?

The car looks good bro. I want the 97+look first then I will drop it.
Old 04-12-10, 10:00 PM
the3rd
Driver

Originally Posted by sc300jz
Coilovers waste? I doubt it what if you desire a certain drop, but strut/springs don't cut it what are you going to do?

I personally dont think its annoying watching out of dips/potholes cause even if your not dropped aren't don't you want to avoid the pothole anyways? Its just like 5spd and traffic, you'll get use to it.
If all your seeking is a "drop/stance" for coilovers it's a waste. Myself I'll probably just do the standard Eibach and KYB my suspension is shot .
Old 04-14-10, 06:18 PM
Clean400
Lead Lap

Just thought I'd post my pictures of my sc400 lowered in this thread instead of making a new one. I lowered the car with NF210 springs on stock shocks.
The wheels are 18".

I'm super satisfied with the NF210's. Feels exactly like the stock ride so far and got the drop I wanted. I put the rims on and lowered the car on my birthday haha. Awesome bday present to myself.

Before:

Still have to install a new front lip that I have to replace my bent one.
Old 04-14-10, 06:47 PM
zhillz
Lead Lap

I ride lower with my springs then most do on their coils....

OP, post some more pics!
Old 04-14-10, 08:33 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 425 Likes on 349 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Clean400
Just thought I'd post my pictures of my sc400 lowered in this thread instead of making a new one. I lowered the car with NF210 springs on stock shocks.
The wheels are 18".

I'm super satisfied with the NF210's. Feels exactly like the stock ride so far and got the drop I wanted. I put the rims on and lowered the car on my birthday haha. Awesome bday present to myself.

Before:

Still have to install a new front lip that I have to replace my bent one.
Definitely an improvement! Looks a lot better? I heard that putting lowering springs on the stock struts was bad? How is the ride quality compared to when it was stock?

Originally Posted by zhillz
I ride lower with my springs then most do on their coils....

OP, post some more pics!
How did you get your car so low without coilovers? Can lowering springs really lower the SC that much?
Old 04-14-10, 08:44 PM
Clean400
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kira X
Definitely an improvement! Looks a lot better? I heard that putting lowering springs on the stock struts was bad? How is the ride quality compared to when it was stock?
Ya thanks it's amazing what a little drop and rims can do to a car. I heard putting lowering springs on stock shocks is hard on the shock. There was other people on the forums using NF210's with stock shocks with no problem so I decided to give it a go.

Honestly I can't even tell the difference in ride quality even with the 18's I'm pretty surprised how smooth the ride is. I thought jumping to 18's with the drop was going to change the ride completely. Overall couldn't be happier.
Old 04-15-10, 07:16 AM
zhillz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kira X
How did you get your car so low without coilovers? Can lowering springs really lower the SC that much?

My springs are supposed to be 1.5 drop and they are off a mk4 supra so its an extra .5 inch drop.
Old 04-15-10, 10:33 AM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

My springs are supposed to be 1.5 drop and they are off a mk4 supra so its an extra .5 inch drop.
^my situation is the same. i'm using springs for a supra application, but on my SC, it lowers it more.
Old 04-15-10, 10:37 AM
718murdoc
Lead Lap

So in total your drop is 2" more or less ?
Old 04-16-10, 05:59 PM
zhillz
Lead Lap

Yes and i love it. Scrapes on everything! lol

form>function
Old 04-16-10, 11:46 PM
Spooled
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NF210's arrived today. Tokico HP struts are still coming. Will post pics.

Quick Reply: SC400 lowered!