SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Vertex Ridge Wide Body Lexus SC300 w/ Maziora Paint, 2JZ-GTE, Volk TE37, Endless BBK

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-10, 08:17 PM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn nice car
Old 04-14-10, 08:43 PM
FaLKoN300
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2turbo1sup
Last time I checked, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just like how everyone is circlejerking around this car. You don't like my opinion? Show me how i'm wrong.

With all the performance mods, kinda makes it a waste to be a show car.

Seriously, you guys, this is a discussion forum. No need to get butthurt because my opinion is different. I think it looks like the owner put together a bunch of high end parts while lacking insight and taste. There's no central theme to this car other than a collection of hobbled together pricey parts. Look up the dictionary definition of tacky. That's my $.02. Otherwise, continue drooling over it.
Your opinion here is WRONG. Because you're saying that we shouldn't be offended by your "opinion" when your "opinion" is in fact supposed to be hurtful and offensive.

By calling everyone "nutswingers" and "circle jerkers" and being abrasive while giving your opinion it lowers the value of it.

Let me give you an example:

Opinions are like @$$holes, everyone has one. And in your case, you're being one (and I'm not talking about you're being an opinion).

You like the occasional thumbs up from the pre-retiree or the older gentleman that daily drives his Porsche to work.

You're the exact kind of guy I was talking about in my last post about having BORING drab cars that people have seen over and over again. They're regurgitated "old men's dreams."

-Some high price wheels that are tirerack "safe sizing" with the maximum fender clearance. So you don't have rubbing issues. (boring)

-They're cars stock aero (boring).

-"Tastefully" lowered (boring).

-Tastefully modded. (boring).

/End rant

There's nothing wrong with building your car for you, but there is something wrong with telling someone that they've built their car wrong, or with all the wrong parts because they're not building their car LIKE you.

If you like old dudes giving you thumbs up that's cool.

But, just because you're against pushing the envelope with your car, doesn't mean everyone else should, or that they're wrong or dumb for doing so.

Different strokes for different strokes.

Like Chris Rock said, "I PREFER SYRUP!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPaZ6FymGmA

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Honestly, just because you have built a capable vehicle doesn't mean that you have to take it out to the track and drive it like you stole it like a beat up 240sx or FC RX-7. Some people would rather drive like a responsible adult after they spent so much money on their car, and that applies to many nice cars, exotics included. There is nothing wrong with that.
I'm gonna beat the hell out of my Lexus in a few months, and there's nothing wrong with that as well. Haha ;P

Last edited by FaLKoN300; 04-14-10 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-14-10, 09:48 PM
EscapeSW20
Driver

I'm gonna beat the hell out of my Lexus in a few months, and there's nothing wrong with that as well. Haha ;P
hope ur wallet is ready cause shiet aint cheap like a nissan!
Old 04-14-10, 10:49 PM
FaLKoN300
Rookie

Originally Posted by EscapeSW20
hope ur wallet is ready cause shiet aint cheap like a nissan!
Car is pretty much done for the most part. I'm actually thinking about painting it up. :P
Old 04-15-10, 09:10 AM
EscapeSW20
Driver

so u took it to track already?
Old 04-15-10, 12:57 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

So nice to see a proper built SC!!!

For a moment I thought the SC world turned to rice! All you see these days is cheap kitted sc's held together with tape and rubber bands with fake wheels.
Old 04-15-10, 01:27 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow. missed this thread somehow....
love the chameleon paint....always wanted that paint job
well done, sir!
Old 04-15-10, 03:42 PM
Ethix
Driver

After looking at the pictures again, I think it's just the wheels that don't look right. 19" TE's are a bit strange looking to begin with. 17+18" look awesome, but the 19's seem to have a completely different shape.

I think some 19" Equips or another deep dish wheel and a little more lowness would set this car off.

DO IT!

EDIT: Oh yeah, a rear diffuser without a wing and maybe a front splitter looks kind of weird too...like a race car that's not finished.

Either way. The car looks pretty good.

Last edited by Ethix; 04-15-10 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-15-10, 06:45 PM
FaLKoN300
Rookie

Originally Posted by EscapeSW20
so u took it to track already?
No I haven't. I've taken plenty of my other pieces of **** to the track though.

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
So nice to see a proper built SC!!!

For a moment I thought the SC world turned to rice! All you see these days is cheap kitted sc's held together with tape and rubber bands with fake wheels.
That's me you're talking about.
Old 04-15-10, 09:33 PM
autoboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

my wife took this picture
Attached Thumbnails Vertex Ridge Wide Body Lexus SC300 w/ Maziora Paint, 2JZ-GTE, Volk TE37, Endless BBK-sdc15185.jpg  
Old 04-15-10, 09:46 PM
bangdangvn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

beautiful car
Old 04-16-10, 10:58 AM
drftsoarer
Driver

Looks good minus the CF bits exposed.

I am a friend of the previous owner who sold you this car. The original Lambo Balloon White was classy but I feel this Chameleon Paint isnt at all. Just my opinion though.
Old 04-16-10, 01:06 PM
BigGreen
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=
I think some 19" Equips or another deep dish wheel and a little more lowness would set this car off.

QUOTE]

sell me these rims asap!
Old 04-16-10, 07:07 PM
Ethix
Driver

I found that on some guys photobucket from google images. I wish they were mine. Those are my favorite wheels EVAR!

Those and 17" or 18" TE37's.
Old 04-16-10, 09:18 PM
TecnoSmurf
Lead Lap

Car blows your mind when seen in person. I saw it with the new stretched tires and drop. Its amazing.

Plenty of small touches that keep your eyes busy as you look over the car. lots of detail

Amazing show car.

I so glad that we have some one in the SC community that could take our car to this level that isn't a energy drink.
With the exposure that this car is getting and all the mags that's is going to be in, you might end up thanking autoboy. When it comes time to sell your car you could be getting a couple hundred more.

Last edited by TecnoSmurf; 04-17-10 at 09:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Vertex Ridge Wide Body Lexus SC300 w/ Maziora Paint, 2JZ-GTE, Volk TE37, Endless BBK