SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

IS300 Rearview mirror in my SC300 POSSIBLE??

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-10, 08:07 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by zhillz
Avenues go north/south
Streets go east/west
odd number roads go north/south (example- us301)
even numbers go east/west (highway 54)
Never knew that either! I just look for the mountains mountains are north i believe.
Old 04-12-10, 08:16 PM
IS300SS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
^ Not true in Vancouver..
seriously? I thought that was for everywhere. it sure as hell should be. most def real around here, i learned about it my first year of driving. it never stuck though, i need to have a compass.

I mean i know ehre im going when i know where the destination is, but when im just driving around randomly it gets out of hand.
I really dont do that so much no that im busy, but before i loved that compass. now i just watnt it honestly.

one plug. cant be much, its goin up. DIY comin up
Old 04-12-10, 08:21 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IS300SS
one connector. i just looked for the mirror and couldnt find it. im pissed, but whatever i know its somewhere floatin around. anyways heres an old pic thats on my comp. most def one plug.
The connector looks similar to what we have....If the compass is built into the mirrior I dont see why it wouldnt work....I cant lie I would like to do this.

Edit: The connectors are different, but they both have 2 wires from what I can tell. I think I may be trying this....

Last edited by Carfreak70; 04-12-10 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-12-10, 10:20 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by zhillz
Avenues go north/south
Streets go east/west
odd number roads go north/south (example- us301)
even numbers go east/west (highway 54)
Wrong. Here in Phoenix, Avenues and Streets both run North/South, they are divided East/West by a main street in the middle.

Anyways, I might do this mod soon, it is always nice to know what direction you are going when you are lost. I wish this feature was installed in the SC model.
Old 04-13-10, 02:13 AM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IS300SS
wtf does that mean? hahah
Thats when you wake up in the middle of the woods in your SC with blood on your face....................you need that compass

yeah twighlight owns you!

Old 04-13-10, 01:18 PM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you ever think of buying an in-dash GPS unit?
Old 04-13-10, 02:29 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I say forget buying the GPS and lets get the possible DIY on track.. Did you try to install it yet?
Old 04-13-10, 05:26 PM
sc300max
Rookie

Get one of these
Old 11-19-11, 01:41 PM
SupraTico
Driver School Candidate

I know this is an old thread, but WHY is it that nobody on these forums likes to help out at all?? I mean on SupraForums if someone wants to do something, people are helpful... they try to find a way to do things, and **** gets done.

Here on CL if the dude wants to put a mirror with a compass, nobody helps, nobody does it, and you end up with a retarded useless thread with stupid suggestions. Why not put a GPS unit in the car? Hmm, perhaps cause it's several hundred $ more than a mirror. PLUS the newer mirror works nice to update the look of the car.

"Why do you need a compass?" Who cares? Dude wants a compass, maybe his 17 year old mirror fell off or broke and he has a newer one... Who really cares why he wants it? Point is he wants it and needs help!

Avenues & streets run east west, north south, whatever... SO WHAT? That knowledge doesn't make your car look newer. Seems like if someone on this forum wanted to change their wheels for a wider set, people would respond with "Streets are made of asphalt or in some cases concrete..."

RANT OVER... Did this work? Does the mirror plug in, is the compass a part of the mirror? Does the bracket bolt onto the windshield? GEEZ someone turn this thread into something useful or delete it!!
Old 11-19-11, 01:57 PM
Kayasith95
Driver

Hmm i might wanna do this too but i want a mirror with a garage opener it seems more worth it if it has both garage and compass
Old 11-19-11, 02:01 PM
imDementeD
Lead Lap

^ some visors have the garage opener...and the mirror can have the compass
Old 11-19-11, 02:55 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Nice bump to express your thoughts

If you want a garage opener just get a 99+ visor they should have homelink on it.
Old 11-19-11, 03:39 PM
topdog849
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have thought about doing this with as i have a spare IS rear view mirror. but then my phone has an app for that.. mirror is for sale tho, pm me
Old 11-19-11, 06:14 PM
k7q
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

i wanted to do this to my civic but never found a deal on a is300 mirror with compass. so i just put an SC rear view mirror in my civic with the dimmer
Old 11-21-11, 02:07 PM
IS300SS
Rookie

Originally Posted by SupraTico
I know this is an old thread, but WHY is it that nobody on these forums likes to help out at all?? I mean on SupraForums if someone wants to do something, people are helpful... they try to find a way to do things, and **** gets done.

Here on CL if the dude wants to put a mirror with a compass, nobody helps, nobody does it, and you end up with a retarded useless thread with stupid suggestions. Why not put a GPS unit in the car? Hmm, perhaps cause it's several hundred $ more than a mirror. PLUS the newer mirror works nice to update the look of the car.

"Why do you need a compass?" Who cares? Dude wants a compass, maybe his 17 year old mirror fell off or broke and he has a newer one... Who really cares why he wants it? Point is he wants it and needs help!

Avenues & streets run east west, north south, whatever... SO WHAT? That knowledge doesn't make your car look newer. Seems like if someone on this forum wanted to change their wheels for a wider set, people would respond with "Streets are made of asphalt or in some cases concrete..."

RANT OVER... Did this work? Does the mirror plug in, is the compass a part of the mirror? Does the bracket bolt onto the windshield? GEEZ someone turn this thread into something useful or delete it!!

nice rant! check that out man this guy has 9 post and he already realizes that **** doesnt get finish here on CL. I agree with you 100% everytime i've made a tread on this site i get answers like those or i get made fun of haha.

I feel bad myself though. the project was my idea, therefore i should be the one trying to get it to work and not asking questions anyways.
I was so stoked to try this little project and then when i went to do it... I COULDNT FIND MY IS300 MIRROR!!! i still cant find that ish... lol
so this being my thread I feel responsible and i just want to apologize. give me a good deal on that mirror and lets do it!
I still want the compass... I Still look up at my mirror looking to see which way im headed. its just a habit i'd say. pfft i cant even read the name of the street let a lone see if its a rd or ave...

the compass is built into the mirror i believe. its just a normal mirror with a little digital display in the bottom right hand corner that displays NW SE etc. etc.
as long as the compass is entirely built into the mirror I would think there is just a power and a ground wire. so its just a matter running a 12v wire to it and grounding it somewhere. and obviously mount it.

dont you think?
thanks for the rant, that was pretty sweet. someone do this already!

Quick Reply: IS300 Rearview mirror in my SC300 POSSIBLE??