SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

why not update CL...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-10, 11:45 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default why not update CL...

Well after all the BS, figured for those that were wondering and still care, I would toss a bit of an update...

car is almost ready to start just waiting for the cables to come in(Friday the 17th) to hook up the battery that is now mounted in the trunk. I have been messing with this huge sheet of diamond plate that I picked up, and have made a couple of things, but I will let the pictures do the explaining:

got my battery box somewhat finished up, still debating on making a latching lid for it, but here are a couple quick cell pics of it in the trunk mounted to the stock CD changer frame as the base mount:

Over flow tank is almost 100% completed. Still need to sit down and hand polish it(this is already finished and mounted), but got all the fittings installed and did a pressure test with it full of water and no leaks.
The ball valve on the bottom for the drain is a bit larger than I wanted, but it was free so Im not complaining.

and got the heat-shield for the turbo fabbed up and mounted.

Sorry for the cell-phone pics, all I had at the moment within reach:

I may switch to a turbo blanket later, but I like the way this came out. Still have an 8'x6' sheet of diamond plate and plans for some more stuff under the hood, but wont leave all of it polished just to spare the "baller" look..
Old 04-11-10, 11:56 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks stunningly good. Congratulations.
Old 04-12-10, 04:22 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

looks good man, i always wanted to relocate my battery to the rear, just lazy lol...

Engine bay is looking nice though, dunno how i feel about the diamond plate around the turbo, but it's not ugly or anything , good work man.
Old 04-12-10, 10:25 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Im still mixed myself about the diamond plate. I like it but at the same time, its a bit to "flashy" for my taste, but to me it does brighten up the engine bay. But I figured any more diamond plate that goes in will not be left polished.
Old 04-12-10, 02:03 PM
zhillz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good. If you want it to blend in some you can always paint it.
Old 04-12-10, 02:05 PM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

Looking good, not sure bout the diamond plate as well but hey, its different.
Old 04-12-10, 02:56 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey man, can you give me a little info on what you did with the throttle body onto the FFIM? I am going to do it to mine, and I need to know as much info as I can.
Old 04-12-10, 03:29 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zhillz
Looks good. If you want it to blend in some you can always paint it.
thats what I was considering, cause I still have plans to make a filter box, and a few covers, but pretty sure they are going to be painted.

Originally Posted by vietunit
Looking good, not sure bout the diamond plate as well but hey, its different.
It is different, and free, so I cant complain too much. Going to mess around with another one and see how it turns out with it painted.

Originally Posted by Carfreak70
Hey man, can you give me a little info on what you did with the throttle body onto the FFIM? I am going to do it to mine, and I need to know as much info as I can.
well seeing as how I cant pm, get on my contact info and send me a message on aim this evening around 7 or so and I will go over the details with you.
Old 04-12-10, 03:41 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Nice, TT mani looks good.
Old 04-12-10, 03:55 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Looks good turbo dreamzz u should make some pretty good power with that super snail.
Old 04-12-10, 03:58 PM
BostonSC4
Lexus Test Driver

So glad to see you back. That looks amazing. The diamond metal is iffy but I know you'll make into something worthy
Old 04-12-10, 04:07 PM
shern
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not feeling the diamond plate.
Old 04-12-10, 04:08 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like mud truckers slapped diamond plating all over that SC haha.
Old 04-13-10, 01:15 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TroySC300
Nice, TT mani looks good.
Thanks, still working on plans for fitting the Greddy style GTE manifold, but that will come later.

Originally Posted by SC51
Looks good turbo dreamzz u should make some pretty good power with that super snail.
Thats what Im hoping. Still have some other things to swap out before the boost goes up, but its still a work in progress.

Originally Posted by BostonSC4
So glad to see you back. That looks amazing. The diamond metal is iffy but I know you'll make into something worthy
Im trying to get the diamond plate to work, but still mixed about it..plus some of the reviews Im getting are kind of mixed, but Im going to try and painting it.

Originally Posted by shern
Not feeling the diamond plate.
Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
Looks like mud truckers slapped diamond plating all over that SC haha.

Im working on it...any suggestions to make it "fit" better? grind it smooth, then polish it? Paint it and leave the "diamonds"? I still have a few things planned with the diamond plate I have left, so any suggestions would be great.
Old 04-26-10, 11:10 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

not much of an update but here's whats been going on. Catch can install is complete, going to pick up the hose for my intake tomorrow and finish the vacuum lines. Purge power steering, and make the bracket for the transmission pressure cable(wish there was an easier way). Reset TPS and ECU, finish adjusting the MAFT Pro and see if I can take it for a good drive this next week sometime(I work all this week) and get it tuned..Also just found out there is FINALLY a dyno here where I live so I may have some dyno video if time/money permits.

Also for those that were wondering about the finished look of my 92 retrofitted HID turning lamps, here is a crappy cell phone pic from this evening, I will have more pics tomorrow after the car is washed..

Quick Reply: why not update CL...