SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC400 VS. Mustang GT quarter mile :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-10, 12:53 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by aznxenon
Body-kit, K&N decal, HID zenon headlights, altezzas, underglow neon.

haha I got a good laugh out of that one!

But on a serious note, I bet almost everyone on this forum can afford a Mustang because they are so cheap. Sure, the GT or the Cobras are faster then a stock SC3/4, but there is a good reason we picked these cars over the mustangs. If all we wanted was a powerful v8... we'd probably all be driving mustangs.
Old 04-15-10, 09:02 PM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
haha I got a good laugh out of that one!

But on a serious note, I bet almost everyone on this forum can afford a Mustang because they are so cheap. Sure, the GT or the Cobras are faster then a stock SC3/4, but there is a good reason we picked these cars over the mustangs. If all we wanted was a powerful v8... we'd probably all be driving mustangs.
QFT. I picked up a SC400 mainly because it's reliable, it's a Lexus and people don't steal Lexus (I had an Integra if you catch where I'm going), awesome community of mature drivers, leather seats, not an American car, my list goes on.

But I also accept the fact that a Mustang is faster than our cars unless we super soup it.
Old 04-15-10, 11:10 PM
FuMoFFuTT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'd be surprised what the 1JZ does..

Originally Posted by aznxenon
QFT. I picked up a SC400 mainly because it's reliable, it's a Lexus and people don't steal Lexus (I had an Integra if you catch where I'm going), awesome community of mature drivers, leather seats, not an American car, my list goes on.

But I also accept the fact that a Mustang is faster than our cars unless we super soup it.
Old 04-16-10, 02:57 AM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah but a blown mustang v8 can snap your neck. I use to rock a 351c in my old cougar with a lil spray...let me tell you that think would make ya cry off the line. American muscle will allways dominate the 1/4 mile and hp/tq numbers, and guzzle the petrol like I did grey goose at the club tonight. But our cars gracefully turn heads and propel us into a speed that feels like were "in a school zone" in a fiesty matter. Besides no matter what we think, chicks don't dig a car that will break your neck....err unless if an italian supercar. I like my sc4, its classy clean, modern and not everyone and there mom has one (my mom actually has a 2006 mustang). Maybe its because I am a little inhebreated but ehh...maybe someone should tell me tomorrow if this doesn't make sense!
Old 04-16-10, 09:55 AM
snowfox444
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he had mods to it not sure what exactly but he does have it turbo'd and is going to be putting NOS in it .. hes crazy ... he almost flew into the river because he hit a patch of dirt when we were goofin off before we lined up to race.