SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

95 Sc400 jerking, clunk, stalling, HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-10, 02:28 PM
skirts
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my new throttle body gasket. I will put that on and test drive the car tonight. I noticed a small jumper wire on 2 of my injectors... anyone ever seen that or know why I would have that?

BTW Klaus mine is white/tan.
Old 04-20-10, 04:21 PM
Weeble46
Driver School Candidate

Default Need help with my 93 SC

Hello I have read all of your threads and links and i appreciate your knowledge.I am having the same problem and now my car has been in the shop ( one that i trust ) for over a week.According to my mechanic they have tried everything with no success.He`s is takling about using a breakout box ( i have no ideal what he is talking about but it sounds very expensive ) I would appreciate any feedback that i can take to him.By the way it is a 1993 SC400

Thanks
Old 04-20-10, 11:02 PM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skirts
I got my new throttle body gasket. I will put that on and test drive the car tonight. I noticed a small jumper wire on 2 of my injectors... anyone ever seen that or know why I would have that?

BTW Klaus mine is white/tan.
Great my car has a jack daniels guzzling twin .

Jumper wire... not sure what you mean? And when you drive, after you get out tell me if your EFI relay is hot as hell
Old 04-21-10, 07:11 AM
expansive
Driver School Candidate

i know this is related to your 95 sc400 but my 92 just recently has had some similar issues.

Im thinking maybe fuel filter and also spark plugs. Although i had my plugs done back in january. I will confess that i used seafoam on the car as well back in march or february but thats because i bought this car from someone and i just didnt seem like he took that good of care for the car.

By the way, im glad you made this thread. Hopefully you get your problem solved and it may also help me out in the process
Old 04-21-10, 07:34 AM
skirts
Lead Lap

Ok so I put my new throttle body gasket on and took it for a drive last night. The cel came on instantly for my O2 sensor code 28. (The cel was on before this and I was told that oil was leaking down the wiring harness and pooling up in the O2 plug. I found that very unlikely so I looked and the plug is dry. The vehicle had an O2 sensor put in it back in August so I took it in today to have the sensor replaced under warranty.) When the cel is off I dont notice the clunk noise as much... I have not driven on the freeway yet to see if it will die? This could be an EGR problem making it die. I just dont know what the clunk sound is, sounds like it is coming from trans. area on down shift.
Old 04-21-10, 08:12 AM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does your car loose power, then clunk and drive fine?
Old 04-21-10, 09:48 AM
skirts
Lead Lap

No it just clunks on down shift Im thinking around 2nd gear is when I hear the clunk.
Old 04-21-10, 02:26 PM
skirts
Lead Lap

Just picked the car up and it has a new denso o2 sensor and the light is on again! any ideas should I start tracing wires for a short?
Old 04-21-10, 05:39 PM
ZPEED
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone replaced their ecu on a 95 for these problems?
i never heard someone replaced their ecu with any brand cars because they think its broken , for me i replace the sensor first before i step to ecu..
Old 04-21-10, 06:10 PM
skirts
Lead Lap

this is the 3rd o2 sensor
Old 04-21-10, 06:33 PM
ZPEED
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is the 3rd o2 sensor
o2 sensor can't help for stalling problem , MAF sensor and camshaft sensor can help.
Old 04-24-10, 07:10 AM
Weeble46
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Weeble46
Hello I have read all of your threads and links and i appreciate your knowledge.I am having the same problem and now my car has been in the shop ( one that i trust ) for over a week.According to my mechanic they have tried everything with no success.He`s is takling about using a breakout box ( i have no ideal what he is talking about but it sounds very expensive ) I would appreciate any feedback that i can take to him.By the way it is a 1993 SC400

Thanks
After a week in the shop and reading the wiring with a breakout box,they found a dead short in the coil wire and an internal short in the Throttle position sensor.Replaced both and the car runs great.
Old 04-24-10, 10:02 AM
skirts
Lead Lap

Next question is could any other sensor cause the o2 code??
Old 04-27-10, 12:34 PM
skirts
Lead Lap

Anyone know what would cause a code 28 after the Oxygen sensor was replaced? The light comes on then goes off, sometimes isn't on at all and sometimes on for the whole drive. I really don't know where to start.
Old 05-02-10, 05:08 AM
expansive
Driver School Candidate

sorry to hear that your problem hasnt been solved yet Skirts. Hopefully it can be fixed.

But as for you question, im not sure what would throw off Code 28. Could it be the cats?

Quick Reply: 95 Sc400 jerking, clunk, stalling, HELP