SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My new Goodie! *BIG PIC*

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-02, 07:56 PM
UZZ32
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reversing cameras are very rare - You would be lucky to find one at a wrecker or anything like that - they only work with the tv tuner and japanese EMV - .
This is a photo of mine. In a previous shot you can see a photo of my Japanese EMV (ElectoMultiVision) screen with the camera on - I am holding a copy of a magazine up near the camera out the back.

The magazine says "Lexus powered supercar" - talking about a 1UZ-FE in a kit car. Notice the writing is back to front? The camera flips the image over so that the left side is on the left side of the screen as you look forwards.
Because the camera points backwards and you look forwards, if it didn't mirror the image it would be all wrong - does that make any sense.

So if you fitted a web cam say and an aftermarket tuner then it wouldn't be quite right unless you could mirror the image. I would like to install a permanent on switch so I could switch camera on while moving forwards - that would impress the nephew!

If you did decide to try and install an EMV screen then you would have to wire in the air conditioning controls ( a big headache I've heard) and do a custom stereo install - or the ultimate would be to install the whole stereo - then you could still use the touch screen to control the stereo - but boy it would be a big job.

It would be so much easier to install a DVD screen - don't have to worry about the aircond stuff - plus all the 10 yr old EMV screens are getting old and blurry and may stuff up (mine is new).

You can buy a complete UZZ31 with air suspension and EMV from a Japanese auction and do all the paper work to get it on a boat to the US for $3500 US. See attached picture of actual car for this actual price. I don't know shipping costs - say $800, or taxes your end or what the rules are for inporting LHD cars over there.

You can search this website for wreckers in Australia who will sell you any Soarer part you want and post it to you:
http://www.partslocator.com.au/

You type in Toyota Soarer, do a search and up will come a list of who has got what - then fax them and talk turkey. Most of them import the front half or the back half of smashed cars from Japan - some aren't smashed at all.
Attached Thumbnails My new Goodie! *BIG PIC*-reversecamera.jpg  
Old 06-11-02, 08:04 PM
UZZ32
Pole Position

To buy this complete Soarer with air suspension, full soarer badges, Soarer Flying lion steering wheel, full EMV stereo and tv, memory seats, digital dash, travelled 60 000 miles since new blah blah blah:

1991 UZZ31 V8 GT LTD
Emerald green
98,000 kms
Leather interior
TV
ABS brakes
SRS airbag
Memory seats
12 CD stacker
Power everything
Alloy wheels
Front spoiler (rear spoiler has been removed but is now inside the boot)
Factory woodgrain around centre console
Timing belt (and all associated belts) replaced at 94,426km on March 6th 2001

you can get this on a boat for $3500 US. Shipping is about $800 - Don't have a clue about the US import laws or taxes.

If you want to get weekly pictures of Soarers and Supras from Japan (it is interesting stuff) then go here and get on the mailing list:

www.prestigemotorsport.com.au

You get to see all the stuff the Japanese put in their cars and how much they sell for at auction.
Attached Thumbnails My new Goodie! *BIG PIC*-uzz31interior.jpg  
Old 06-12-02, 12:17 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Also, don't forget that the JDM Soarers have a windshield wiper on the REAR window...

Last edited by Manaray; 06-12-02 at 12:18 AM.
Old 06-12-02, 12:21 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, I'm going to get the rear middle tunnel floormat also with the Griffin symbol on it!

I'm also trying to get the rear seat with the adjustable headrests also!

Anything else that I can swap?
Old 06-12-02, 08:00 AM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

In Australia some people would kill for a lexus steering wheel - we all have the flying lion emblem - most people take the front flying lion off and the Soarer from the back, lose them in the shed, fit new Lexus badges and wish they had a lexus steering wheel.
UZZ32: Tell your freinds I want to swap. only stipulations are that the steering wheel have a working cruise control switch and be tan to match my inerior. I will also swap badges with any one from UK/Japan/Australia.

ACleanSC4: DKM was the guy in Japan selling his soarer emblem steering wheel in the classifieds a while back. A few of us replied and I pm'ed the guy but received no response. So we were curious if that was where you got the wheel. Looks good though man.

AJ

Last edited by awj; 02-25-03 at 11:31 PM.
Old 06-12-02, 08:49 AM
Aznteazer
Lexus Test Driver

People abroad must get opposite of wat we get in our factory cars to actually want the Lexus logo on their steering wheel. Doesn't japanese cars come with factory clear lights for most cars and they modify them to have them changed to amber? Talk about being weird....They must be saying the same thing we're saying about them
Old 06-12-02, 09:26 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tony, didn't know there was a JDM rear mat that went over the entire tunnel, Peter you may have to source me one from a local dealer, make it worth your while of course...
- Jon
Old 06-12-02, 10:16 AM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I may be interested in doing a steering wheel swap as well. I also have a brown/tan interior (champagne exterior). Email me at mr_h_liang@hotmail.com if you know of anyone who wants to trade. Thanks.
Old 06-12-02, 10:32 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Jon - Yep, I didn't know they had a rear tunnel mat either. But here's a picture

Anyone who might want to do the swap, let me know. I will ask my guy to keep his eyes peeled for us.

Tony
Old 06-12-02, 12:20 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

I'm interested in the swap, thx for the pic, does the tunnel mat go all the way to the end, where our little mats cover also? (in other words do you only need the tunnel mat now).
Old 06-12-02, 01:17 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

I haven't gotten it yet, but from the picture, that looks like all i need now to cover the rear.

I'll keep an eye out for parts for you Jon, send me an email with your # so I can contact you when I come across the goods.

Tony
Old 06-12-02, 02:27 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

PM'd it to you, let me know of any JDM items, thx.