SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My Platinum SC's Evolution (aka ICE 350's old car)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-10, 06:44 PM
rcsup1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Platinum SC's Evolution (aka ICE 350's old car)

Been meaning to post up some pics for a while now ---> (Read ..couple of years) .. But I never seem to make time and I hate typing..lol I figured it was time so here we go.

First a bit about myself.. I love modding cars especially with new innovative things that you dont see everyday.. I've had numerous turbocharged cars, my cousin's turned me on to turbos before I could even drive with thier boosted 280zx's and 300zx's mopping up the street race's way back in the day. I started out with an unusual draw through turbo system on an 82 T/A that looked indentical to knight rider ..lol ...I then purchased an anniversery 300zx turbo which I highly modded. From there I steped it up to a tt supra, bpu'd it and eventually sold it in order to save money and buy my house. After that I purchased an sc400 purposely so I would not be able spend money modding it which I still did lightly ..lol Sold that and bought a highly modified ttSupra which I still have..I tore it down and I am re-doing everything on it albiet at a very slow pace since my attention has turned to other things..

I've been a member here for quite some time even before my join date with this user name as well as the Supra forums. I purchased this car from Riggie back in 07 as my daily driver telling myself I would only do some cosmetic things and leave it alone... guess I should have know better ...

1st round of mod's was to take the carbon looking paper of the wood and the stick on aluminum overlay off..I could appreciate what was trying to be accomplished but it just wasn't my cup of tea..

2nd mod.. install my rims.. old school enkei V1's 18 x8.5 18x 10 rear.

3rd I installed a greddy exhuast I was lucky enough to pick up from a friend and I removed the rear lip to show it off.. I also lowered the car further on the Tein CS shock's that came with the car. In addition I custom made a cold air induction for it and swaped out the rear lights for new 98+ tailights.

4th I installed an is300 steering wheel this totally changed the look and feel of the interior.

5th I purchased and installed supra TT brakes with speed forsale crossdrilled/ sloted rotors and braided lines.

Kept it like that for a while till one dark rainy night I wreck the wise sport lip picking up a girl at a place I had never been before..

6th I then decided to convert to a 98 front and mod a 92-94 sc400 lip to fit, I cut out the air dam grill for a more agressive look and had the body shop shave the side makers.

7th I blew out a front tire out and decided to put the CCW's from the supra on the car.. 19x10 f 19x11 rear 265 30 and 295 30 Conti's (12 inch tire) respectively and there is room for more....

8th I modded the factory headlights and highbeams by installing clear lenses off ebay headlightlights and highbeams on to the factory lights ..I also modded the projectors with clear lenses an custom cutoff sheilds.

9th I cracked the factory exhaust manifold over a speed bump with a heavy *** friend in the car ..lol At this point I had been collecting parts to eventually mildly turbocharge it after I finshed the supra ..lol wishful thinking.. I figure might as well throw it on now.. Justifying my madness!!

Turbo kit is very mild..it consist of an XS power header, downpipe, and wastegate purchased from odyownage..all of it heat wraped.. the turbo is a precision 61.. I jigged up the wastegate to recirc and had it welded. I then jigged up the hot and cold side piping ... No intercooler No blow off valve ! For fuel I installed a tt pump and begi FMU... I ran it like this for a couple of weeks at 8 to 9psi carefully with no problems until I could order the water meth injection which I just installed yesterday. I still have to finish tuning it with the water/meth as it is now running pig rich at WOT ...
Attached Thumbnails My Platinum SC's Evolution (aka ICE 350's old car)-dsc02625.jpg  

Last edited by rcsup1; 03-10-11 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-15-10, 07:06 PM
rcsup1
Driver

Pics continued..
Attached Thumbnails My Platinum SC's Evolution (aka ICE 350's old car)-img_0628.jpg   My Platinum SC's Evolution (aka ICE 350's old car)-img_0739.jpg  

Last edited by rcsup1; 03-10-11 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-15-10, 07:13 PM
rcsup1
Driver

Still got a couple of things to go.. custom fog lights I'll be putting together. I also want to swap out the tein CS's for something firmer since they are a bit to soft for the type of driving I do ...I have to do transmission... at the very least a shift kit and cooler.

I will be installing a VPC/SAFC BOV will be going in shortly and mooar boost ..lol only a little more (Famous last words) (Update already installed vpc with 440 chip still running factory injectors)

Then I hope to be done and on to finish the Sup ... I'll have quite a bit of things for sale so keep your eyes open in the for sale section..

Last edited by rcsup1; 03-10-11 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-15-10, 07:19 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

car looks awesome man, i loved the shaved front bumper lights, modded lip, and CCW's of course always a +++++++
Old 04-15-10, 07:22 PM
BostonSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Gorgeous

What a good read too man.
Old 04-15-10, 07:22 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting setup with no intercooler. CCW's make a huge difference, are you running 11's in the back. Looks much better without the CF wood and overlays.
Old 04-15-10, 07:24 PM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

Nice evolution, that black interior is sexyy!
Old 04-15-10, 07:28 PM
AusSC400
Rookie

Nice, good choice of rims!
Old 04-15-10, 07:44 PM
Superjatt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude are that buff guy?
Old 04-15-10, 07:52 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

why is there a hot buff guy in your car? LOL
Old 04-15-10, 07:57 PM
BostonSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Cleanshots
why is there a hot buff guy in your car? LOL
Sorry he forgot to let me get out.
Old 04-15-10, 07:57 PM
InhumaneSC
Driver

Hahahah wtf buff guy!?!?! did he wash the car for you?
Old 04-15-10, 08:41 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 04-15-10, 08:43 PM
InhumaneSC
Driver

Originally Posted by cleanshots
owned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-10, 08:57 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow what a way to mess up a thread

OP, I saw ur car at the Mega Meet looked mad clean, and I find it very interesting how u are running ur turbo kit. I have a 60-1 juts sitting cuz i need a few more parts could you explain to me how you did this install that u dont need a IC or bov ?

Quick Reply: My Platinum SC's Evolution (aka ICE 350's old car)