S to JZ Chassis: Who? Why?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-10, 01:02 PM
BostonSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Net

^that is sittin' proper.
Agreed. Except the front grill is way too high.
Old 04-23-10, 02:50 PM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i would actually prefer that front bumper without a grill alltogether. like, from the hood, just swooping down to the bottom of the bumper. and no front emblem would look SO smooth.

*tapping head*
I actually want to change my front bumper too.
hmmmmmm..

can someone PS that front bumper without the gril and emblem for me?
Old 04-23-10, 05:18 PM
kapetajr
Pole Position

This is making me want to get rid of my coupe again,
Old 04-23-10, 05:18 PM
SpuGen
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My First S13.

Then the KA blew. Nobody could figure out what it was..it just died. Then the engine went to my friend who pulled it out for me, and he threw it into his Datsun 510. It ended being the ECU last I heard it blew? or he sold it.

I had a bunch of parts ready for it. SR swap, Greddy Coilovers+ exhaust... and a whole bunch of parts that I don't wanna list out.
The chassis ended up being rusted to hell. The passenger floor was missing. The plan was to fix it and cage it.. but it ended up just sitting in the garage for 2 years when I bought this.

It's the blue coupe.

The motor was blown too. So all the parts went into it. It was supposed to be my daily/drift car.
Also bought my 5lug + 300zx brakes around the same time.

Borrowed my friends swift to buy my aero. Full widebody+ vertex kis + S13 Bricks.
Then I was stupid enough to go buy another bodykit. This time it was the URAS kit.

Meanwhile I drove this.

Then the 240 never started and I couldn't figure it out.
So I parted almost everything over a span of a year. and ended up with my 95 black/black SC400.

Did the Shine AC kit. SSR Viennas + a bunch of other stuff.
Then when I finally finished it.. the first day I insure it after winter.. this happened.

Now dealing with insurance. I don't know what to get next. hah.
The Civic is long gone. This was all in a span of 5 years. I have bad luck with cars.
Of course. During this time I was dealing with WCB after I got my arm crushed by a forklift. Ripped my bicep in 2 places. Couldn't do any work for 1.5 years on both 240s.

I'm thinking of getting an FD next. Assuming the Rotang blows.. an LS swap is going in. Who knows. I might end up getting a Soarer since we can import them here in Canada.
As to why I switched up?
I don't really know. I've always loved Nissans. Especially the S chassis cars. I guess it just made sense to switch up to a GTR or Z32.. but it wasn't really my thing. I wanted something that worked and was comfy with leather after all the trouble I had and got into with my S13s. I've also wanted the SC before I even got my S13, but at the time they were way out of my price range. The only other cars I've always wanted were a Supra and a FD. Hopefully I can switch up.. but they're still a little pricey.

Last edited by SpuGen; 04-23-10 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-23-10, 07:46 PM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

^get an FD shell, and put a 2JZ in it.

sexiest Jap car swap/combo in history.

DONE.
Old 04-24-10, 12:05 AM
Wangan_sc
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had three when I turned 16, I cant find a damn picture which is a disappointment. 1 SR,1 Single Cam KA,1 Dual Cam KA. Wish I never sold them, but I didn't like where the 240's were equal to the lame hondas high schoolers have.
Old 04-24-10, 01:24 AM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MrFairlady
I'm Still a Nissan Fan 100% and still own 1 of the 3 1/2 I've had.
SC was always for me a pretty Cool car and Something below the radar.When You own a Supra i swear to god...to some,..you Are GOD.
Go to the beach with it and try to get Girls,...you'll wind up with a Whole ****load of Guys around You!Its the damn Truth.Its a little ridiculous.
So I had my fund w/ the Supra and wouldn't mind getting another one day...but The Dream has been and gone.

the S chassis is Easy as hell to work (know like the back of my Hand now) on and parts GALORE and are Super Cheap.
Decided to try something new and put a little build on my Current SC400.
My 1st Nissan Build:
After a few months:

same car but,Went to:

Stable mate:

A semi Build I gave up on:

to the 2yrs build:

To what Mine will prob Look like (minus the Bumper) w/ Ganador's (I'm a Ganador ***** now):

180sx is by far my Fav car and don't ask me why.It in its Kouki Stage is perfect, if the Suspension is there and some power as well.

Man i love both of your 180sx

I had a 89 s13 hatch w/ 77k original mi. sr20 stupid lady didnt yield and totaled it. Then i got a 92 same mods. I then wanted something luxurious and sporty so i sold the s13 and bought a sc300 and am currently swapping in a 2jzgte. Id like to build another s13 later on this time with enough funds to do it how i really wanted it.
Old 04-24-10, 05:25 AM
vinh
Lexus Champion

I used to have a matte black S14 with a S15 front end and some other mods here and there.

i was also lucky enough to find one of the few S14's with black leather interior (near mint condition except for the rip in the drivers seat)

One of the last photos i took of the car before i sold it

I honestly hated this car and loved it at the same time. The S14 definitely handled way better than SC's and parts are also way cheaper and easier to find. But i also got pulled over just about every week just through profiling. They would usually give me BS reasons like failure to signal or no front plate BS. I learned a lot through this car, as when i bought it I really didn't know jack **** about cars. I had a pretty good job at the time and lived at home so i would buy basically anything i thought was cool or saw that i liked on Zilvia. Probably went through about 3 different kits and 3 different sets of wheels until i found those Volks i fell in love with. However I started frequenting ClubLexus because my older cousin had a 2gs, so i would go on here just to browse.

Here is his 2gs

Keep in mind this was around 2002 and the ClubLexus styling trend has definitely changed since then. The color was Bentley Black and is probably the nicest/deepest black i have ever seen.

I stumbled upon the 1st gen SC forum and saw this car and instantly fell in love

I instantly listed my S14 for sale, however being as I had an emotional attachment to the car, I couldn't settle on a price with any of my potential buyers. Even though my car was more messed up than when i bought it (my room mate backed into the door leaving a huge dent and i also got rear ended by a border hopper with no insurance) I just was asking for too much. Finally after half a year and finally deciding I wanted an SC3 too bad, i was able to sell it to a young guy who knew absolutely nothing about cars and told me how much i could sell the current wheels for (the volks) cause he spotted some "SUPA DOPE MOTEGI's." I was actually able to sell the car for more than i bought it for cause it was right in the middle of the tokyo drift hype and i purposely priced my car lower than all of the other S14 sellers trying to capitalize on the 240SX market.

I ended up finding my Old man Tan SC3 from a guy who just wanted to get rid of it cause it was taking up space and wanted to buy a Porsche. Very cool guy and was able to work with me (being that i was flat broke). I scraped up all the money i had and seriously didn't even have enough money to put gas in the car on the way home (my cousin had to lend me some money)

Here is what it looked like after i took care of some things

I put tons of money into that car and eventually got it to the way i wanted, and than I got rear ended with a SEMI.

Bought another SC and never looked back.

What really drove me to the SC is the RWD chassis with a decent amount of aftermarket support and it was still a classy car. I love cars with long wheel bases, and the fact that it was a I6. I honestly can't see myself owning any other car unless it was something insanely awesome like a R34 Skyline.

ClubLexus will be the death of me, as seeing all these people push the limits really reminds me of the potential these old *** cars have
Old 04-24-10, 11:13 AM
1JZ/240sx
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Net
i would actually prefer that front bumper without a grill alltogether. like, from the hood, just swooping down to the bottom of the bumper. and no front emblem would look SO smooth.

*tapping head*
I actually want to change my front bumper too.
hmmmmmm..

can someone PS that front bumper without the gril and emblem for me?
Old 04-24-10, 11:18 AM
RawkusX187
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by flickwitty
between me and my girlfriend we have been in the 240 scene for 8-10 years now. my girlfriend was building a 240sx coupe and was driving a s13 hatch as a daily. well she got tired of the hatch (never like hatchs much) and she got a 96 SC300. she loves the car, but has been highly thinking of getting a s13 coupe or a S14 as a daily, but i think she knows it won't compare to a SC. So i'm sure with due time the sc will have a little done to it.

heres some pics.

the 240sx

lucky you to have such kind of gf
Old 04-24-10, 11:23 AM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1JZ/240sx
sorry, by no grill i meant as in completely smooth with no opening.

well i guess i can picture it in my head at this point.
Old 04-24-10, 12:13 PM
TANE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Net
sorry, by no grill i meant as in completely smooth with no opening.

well i guess i can picture it in my head at this point.
quick PS.

Old 04-27-10, 09:42 AM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

6gc to sc is another, apparently
Old 04-27-10, 10:27 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a 91 240sx hatchback.. 130k miles white 5spd the AC worked also but no CC
i got it since i love flipflop lights and the 180 kouki tails.. but looking back i would get a coupe instead. It was my DD for highschool till i saw the sc gone wild video and sold it a week later and picked up a SC..

When i sold the 240 i didn't know it had a blown headgasket.. funny thing is i bought it for 2.5k and sold it for 3.8k
Old 04-29-10, 05:18 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good stories.

Originally Posted by Net
^get an FD shell, and put a 2JZ in it.

sexiest Jap car swap/combo in history.
This man knows what he is talking about.

Quick Reply: S to JZ Chassis: Who? Why?