SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Need electrical help asap/ troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-10 | 03:44 PM
theory5150
Lexus Test Driver

Default Need electrical help asap/ troubleshooting

So basically i swapped my brown dash for the the black dash to do the black/ tan combo interior. I had pretty much all the parts on and I was able to drive around for awhile. Then i was working on changing the carpet and the battery started to die a little (hard time turning over..) so I ran the car with all electrics off for like fifteen minutes so it could charge up again.

Now when i try to start the car absoluelty nothing happens so I did the logical thing and tried to jump it. Even after jumping the car it will not start. Any ideas on what went wrong?? Is there something with the ignition? ill try to jump it again tomorrow...
Old 04-26-10 | 03:52 PM
theory5150
Lexus Test Driver

When i put in my key absouletly nothing happens. Cluster stays completely black, trunk wont open, etc. Nothing works. I dont know if this info helps..
Old 04-26-10 | 04:41 PM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

Sounds like the key ignition circuit isnt working. I supposed you had to disconnect and removed cluster, steering wheel and a lot of wire harnesses to swap out the dash? Maybe you didnt plug wire harness back tight enough or something is loose. I would back track to see if any of your plugs are loose or disconnected. Check all body grounds to see if there all bolted down correctly..

Did you disconnecct your battery before doing any work? Maybe you have a loose connection at the battery?
Old 04-26-10 | 05:45 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by eyeSOARER6
Sounds like the key ignition circuit isnt working. I supposed you had to disconnect and removed cluster, steering wheel and a lot of wire harnesses to swap out the dash? Maybe you didnt plug wire harness back tight enough or something is loose. I would back track to see if any of your plugs are loose or disconnected. Check all body grounds to see if there all bolted down correctly..

Did you disconnecct your battery before doing any work? Maybe you have a loose connection at the battery?
+1 do what he said...
Old 04-29-10 | 10:26 AM
theory5150
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eyeSOARER6

Upon further investigation the plug wire harness was a little loose/ not fully connected Will post pics when i finish. so far its lookin pretty good