SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Need a 2jz-gte! Which importer is best?safest?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-10, 03:46 PM
stenot2low
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a 2jz-gte! Which importer is best?safest?

I have a sc300 2jz gte with a single turbo, 5 speed swap already done. I now have a bottom end knock starting . I need a 2jz gte motor from a dependable importer. Ive heard stories of how the importer promises supra motors then you get a Aristo motor and a cut harness. Any help would be great . thanks. here is a pic of the car just finished the paint and repairing the widebody alittle.
Attached Thumbnails Need a 2jz-gte! Which importer is best?safest?-sc300pic.jpg  
Old 05-05-10, 04:44 PM
lemmiewink
Lead Lap

Jhot Imports. Top of the line. On a side note. Why not just order a new short block from toyota. It will cost you around 2500 or so, but you will be hard pressed to find an importer to just sell you the engine.
Old 05-05-10, 05:38 PM
RawkusX187
Lexus Test Driver

Supra engines are not a easy find that's why you get an aristo, expect to pay 2-2.5k more for a Supra engine swap. You should find a block, build it and use your 2j parts to put together.
Old 05-05-10, 06:01 PM
stenot2low
Driver School Candidate

I was probably gonna get a engine,auto trans and ecu and sell what I dont need. I know these trans you cant give away but the harness and ecu should sell. The engine was just rebuilt for the same thing that happened a year ago. #2 rod bearing. The crank was reground and the rods were all checked and corrected, new bearings, full rebuild, all oil clearences were perfect, block was honed and inspected. Im ready to sell it as is or put a used motor in it. building a motor is not cheap. went through it once and back in the same problem. Im a ase master tech and took my time with the build everything was good. I run 18psi boost it should handle way more than that.
Old 05-05-10, 06:03 PM
stenot2low
Driver School Candidate

I dont need a supra engine . I will swap over my oil pan and everthing else.
Old 05-05-10, 06:44 PM
RED95sc
Pole Position

not sure if your interested, but a friend of mine is selling his 1.5jz, but he is parting it out. the block is from a NA supra, but has gte internals, new rod bearings. he was gonna use the 2jzge block so he could run less boost on a bit higher compression, but when he took the motor apart, the ge pistons werent looking so good, so thats why he replaced the pistons/rods/bearings with gte ones. a sale thread was up with vouches. let me know.
Old 05-06-10, 07:06 AM
stenot2low
Driver School Candidate

no thanks, I need a 2jzgte. dont want to mess with anything else.
Old 05-06-10, 10:00 AM
RED95sc
Pole Position

ok cool, well if you were in the DMV area, i would suggest JEI(japanese engine import), thats where i got my motor from, and it was clean, no sludge. but you say you want just a block, i dont think any importer gonna sell just the block, may have to buy it off someone...either way GL
Old 05-06-10, 10:52 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RED95sc
ok cool, well if you were in the DMV area, i would suggest JEI(japanese engine import), thats where i got my motor from, and it was clean, no sludge. but you say you want just a block, i dont think any importer gonna sell just the block, may have to buy it off someone...either way GL
DMV area??
Old 05-06-10, 12:40 PM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

D.C., Maryland, Virginia. You're a Jersey Boy and don't know that.

Why don't you just find a GE block and build it. Or if you don't want the down time and don't wanna loose your oil squirter's, Find a cheap GE block, swap it in, build the GTE block and then just swap back over. You should always have a spare block just in case.
Old 05-06-10, 01:18 PM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
D.C., Maryland, Virginia. You're a Jersey Boy and don't know that.
^LOL
Old 05-06-10, 06:40 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wait, let me get this straight..you have a slight knock in the engine, and your going to order another complete engine??? why not rebuild the block for a fraction of the price, or dish out a few more dimes and build it for strenght and still possibly save money..and save the chance of getting another block/engine that could have the same problem.

Im sorry, but I find it very silly to replace one used engine that has a very MINOR issue with another used engine you know nothing about till after its in your car.
Old 05-06-10, 07:10 PM
sillyboi12
Banned from selling! Respond to your PMs

J.E.I in Sterling, VA ask for Phil! Kool guy and will work on deal!
Old 05-07-10, 07:25 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

throw a 2jzge bottom end on that thing for 300 bucks and call it a day.
oil squirter's aren't all theyre made out to be at high psi. alot of engine builders delete them anyways on a high performance engine. as for dished pistons vs no dished... i don't think you'll feel any difference.
Old 05-07-10, 09:12 AM
stenot2low
Driver School Candidate

i rebuilt this engine due to a knock from the bottom end. The engine was also just rebuilt by someone else before I put it in the first time. thats why I just want to get a whole new "used" engine and start the build over. I run dish pistons w/o oil squirters. I was gonna get a used engine and rebuild new cuz I dont trust this one any more. I had a lot of faith in the 2jzgte when this started, now I'm losing faith. I think there is somthing wrong with the block or crank that the engine shop missed.

Quick Reply: Need a 2jz-gte! Which importer is best?safest?