SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC fitted w/Supra Exhaust pics?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-10, 10:17 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC fitted w/Supra Exhaust pics?

Im thinking of going single exit and i wanted to se what the off the shelf supra catbacks look like fitted on the SC. i looked in the exhaust thread and it was alot of custom stuff. Looking for supra spec'd catbacks on the
92-2000 SC chasis, thanks....
Old 05-21-10, 11:55 AM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think most supra ehxausts will work on the SC, but you have to make a 6 inch extention. Search for booja's old threads, I think he documented what was needed to do his exhaust.
Old 05-24-10, 12:17 PM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

thank you...
Old 05-24-10, 12:21 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wrd you will need a small extension
Old 05-25-10, 03:20 PM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Any pics with just supra exhaust fitted
Old 05-25-10, 03:24 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

here are a few old ones of mine, im in the process of fixing a few things about it, but this gives you an idea about where it sits. It was extended in 2 places for a total of 8 inches (i think)

Old 05-25-10, 08:02 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a undershot somewhere. HKS Super Drager

On the car
Old 05-26-10, 05:06 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by StiCk3
here are a few old ones of mine, im in the process of fixing a few things about it, but this gives you an idea about where it sits. It was extended in 2 places for a total of 8 inches (i think)

How did u mod the exhaust to get it not to hang so low?
Old 05-26-10, 06:59 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FUZION
How did u mod the exhaust to get it not to hang so low?
this is how it sits ATM, im going to move it a tad higher by using some hose clamps on the hangers and beating a dent in the spare tire well (the main reason why it hangs so low).
Old 05-26-10, 07:07 PM
MrFairlady
Driver

yup...I purchased a egay OBX MKIV (3 1/2") exhaust for mine as well because IMHO,..piping is piping unless its Titanium.
Its 3" all the way to the Axle back,then the flange is still 3" but opens to 3 1/2" similar to my HKS 4" ti I had on the Supra.
its actually Really nice quality for $300.

So far the pipe off the D/motion single Kit Down pipe works perfect.Then i believe an extension Goes between the end of that one and the Next Pipe...Hanger should then match up near the L/R wheel area,...but the Axle Back part is where most of the modding comes in.Hanger above the canister is waaay Diff,...and the Rear tire well has to be Beat to Hell I'm sure.
I may Almost remove the Tire well.It gets all in the way of EVERYTHING...even jacking the car up.

mine will be done soon but more things to do still.
Old 05-27-10, 01:37 PM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MrFairlady
yup...I purchased a egay OBX MKIV (3 1/2") exhaust for mine as well because IMHO,..piping is piping unless its Titanium.
Its 3" all the way to the Axle back,then the flange is still 3" but opens to 3 1/2" similar to my HKS 4" ti I had on the Supra.
its actually Really nice quality for $300.

So far the pipe off the D/motion single Kit Down pipe works perfect.Then i believe an extension Goes between the end of that one and the Next Pipe...Hanger should then match up near the L/R wheel area,...but the Axle Back part is where most of the modding comes in.Hanger above the canister is waaay Diff,...and the Rear tire well has to be Beat to Hell I'm sure.
I may Almost remove the Tire well.It gets all in the way of EVERYTHING...even jacking the car up.

mine will be done soon but more things to do still.
any pics?
any pics installed?
Old 05-27-10, 01:39 PM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by StiCk3
this is how it sits ATM, im going to move it a tad higher by using some hose clamps on the hangers and beating a dent in the spare tire well (the main reason why it hangs so low).

how do you like the apexi GT compared to the hks carbon-Ti??? Im thinking of getting the carbon TI, which of the 2 has the smaller muffler?
Old 05-27-10, 07:00 PM
MrFairlady
Driver

no sorry,..not yet.All i have on now is the downpipe/Mid pipe.
Planned on driving it down the road to get the rest fitted and modified.
Step 1 is getting my car running.Still a tad bit more to do.

I'd already bought 2, 3" flanges (from Dmotion) to have so the person thats gonna do my work will only need the 3" piping for the extension, and also Try to get the piping leading to the canister to Suck Up under the car as best as possible.My Shxt is LOW.
Old 05-27-10, 07:01 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

i've listened to the HKS Ti on a Supra and i thought it was too gurgly and loud for my tastes. This one is a tad loud too, but not as loud as the HKS and sounds nice and smooth. I've yet to really experience it with my new engine (still down due to steering issues), but im probably going to get the GT spec silencer to make it a bit more civilized for my tastes (contrary to most guys i know i like mine quiet most of the time)
Old 05-27-10, 07:15 PM
MrFairlady
Driver

I agree with ya,...Same here on the Quiet part.I hated Leaving my house at 7am in the Supra due to i Knew people were prob Cussin' me bigtime.

The Exhaust I bought was the Cheapest Exhaust I could find for the SC (Supra) (canister style) that was single exit and not some Crazy Custom Deal.

I hate Dual Exhaust with a passion.I would have Preferred a Muffler style exhaust but my car with the Aero is gonna be a tad extreme...though we'll see how Close this exhaust piping sits to the ground and I may have to hack it off and put something diff.

Quick Reply: SC fitted w/Supra Exhaust pics?