1992 Lexus sc300

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-10 | 07:03 AM
Jordon93
Driver School Candidate

Arrow 1992 Lexus sc300

I just got a 92 Lexus sc300 and it's in the body shop getting painted black
and the interior is being cleaned
but I haven't drove my car yet and I was wondering how these cars drive? Do they pick up speed quick And is it a smooth ride I'm used to driving a Saturn
so I'm pretty sure it's alot different lol

[UPDATE] Once i get my car back from the body shop i will be posting pics of my car for all you to see it is in mint shape and should look very nice with the glossy black paintjob!

Last edited by Jordon93; 05-24-10 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-24-10 | 08:40 AM
philllyj
Rookie

I too purchased a 1992 Lexus SC300 in November. It drives pretty well, but what I noticed is if you hit a bump the control is ragged. That's the only way I can describe it.

I used "Guaranteed to Pass Inspection" by CRC {you can get it at any Pep Boys** after initially failing PA emissions inspection & it cleaned my fuel system so well, it got rid of this faint fuel smell in cabin plus simultaneously restored much power back. The difference is huge. Try it. Yes I passed 2 weeks later so it work. I mentioned it because of the power it brought back.

Oil change & filter, new OEM spark plugs wires from Pembroke Lexus online, new NGK spark plugs, air filter, distributor cap & rotor, all brand new tires & replaced my starter contacts has my car purring! Running like new with 207k on engine. Lexus made an durable engineering marvel.
Old 05-24-10 | 10:30 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jordon93
I just got a 92 Lexus sc300 and it's in the body shop getting painted black
and the interior is being cleaned
but I haven't drove my car yet and I was wondering how these cars drive? Do they pick up speed quick And is it a smooth ride I'm used to driving a Saturn
so I'm pretty sure it's alot different lol
Well after working on a few Saturns, I can tell you right now that aslong as all your maintenance is done and suspension parts are up to par, you have entered a whole new world. You wont have the "skate board" ride of the Saturns suspension and small wheels. Overall power in stock form, is more than enough for everyday driving, and plenty of passing power on the highway. Stock suspension is quiet and smooth, but to me a bit on the squishy side, but still comfortable and easy to control.

You have gone from a GM built standard economy car, to a very solid built, Japanese luxury sport coupe. While the SC may be much heavier than your Saturn, you will be very pleased with the overall performance. Your SC is the same year as mine, so its safe to say that the SC prices when new for our years, were double what a new Saturn costs today..that might shine a little light to your question as well.

Keep us posted on the progress.

Originally Posted by philllyj
I too purchased a 1992 Lexus SC300 in November. It drives pretty well, but what I noticed is if you hit a bump the control is ragged. That's the only way I can describe it...
There is something wrong with your suspension...check your bushings, end-links and shocks..especially with the mileage of your car, your LCA's could be worn and need replacing.
Old 05-24-10 | 10:35 AM
philllyj
Rookie

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Well after working on a few Saturns, I can tell you right now that aslong as all your maintenance is done and suspension parts are up to par, you have entered a whole new world. You wont have the "skate board" ride of the Saturns suspension and small wheels. Overall power in stock form, is more than enough for everyday driving, and plenty of passing power on the highway. Stock suspension is quiet and smooth, but to me a bit on the squishy side, but still comfortable and easy to control.

You have gone from a GM built standard economy car, to a very solid built, Japanese luxury sport coupe. While the SC may be much heavier than your Saturn, you will be very pleased with the overall performance. Your SC is the same year as mine, so its safe to say that the SC prices when new for our years, were double what a new Saturn costs today..that might shine a little light to your question as well.

Keep us posted on the progress.

There is something wrong with your suspension...check your bushings, end-links and shocks..especially with the mileage of your car, your LCA's could be worn and need replacing.
Will do, thanks!