SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

WTF is wrong w/ people these days???

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-02, 07:57 AM
ForNgoods
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry WTF is wrong w/ people these days???

That's it, now i'm out for blood!!! Freaking Idiots are driving me carzy... I parked my car last nite and when i woke up this morning to drive to class i see a huge !@#$ing scratch on my door. The bastard hit my car when he opened his door. He thinks he got away w/ it but when i see his car in the parking lot in the middle of the night i'm gonna key the **** out of it (probably some obcenity). If there's one good thing i found the lexus keys can do is keying cars! I'm jus soo fed up w/ this, its happened more times than i can count. I dont even see how it could have happened. the fool had more than enuff room to open his door w/o damaging my car. probably drunk or something. well on the brighter side i'll get a new paint job so all the flaws will be taken care of but what's to stop this from happening afterwards?? ABSOLUETLY NOTHING!!!!
Sorry for bringing up a pointless issue... i jus needed to vent out some of this anger. Things jus aren't going my way these days. I jus got out of my marketing exam and i felt weird cuz it was one of those exams that had a lot of D's for the multiple choice section and it makes u say to urself, "OMG i have 7 D's in a row, this cant be right."

Last edited by ForNgoods; 06-21-02 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-21-02, 08:36 AM
strongsail
Instructor

Grrrrr!

The joy of having to park in a lot - at least the common garage in my condo has assigned spaces so I always know who is parking next to me! Makes you more sympathetic of the driver of a nice car who takes two spaces in a public lot to keep some distance between his baby and the doors of the adjacent Morons - -

I was sitting in my car recently, in a mall parking lot, when this old duffer backed his pickup into my car and proceeded to drive off - I was out of my car in a heartbeat, banging on the side of his truck with my fist and yelling, scared the beans outa the old goof. I damanded his drivers license, insurance card, told him he'd be hearing from me! Actually, the rear bumper of my SC4 did its job - the bump didn't leave a single mark.

When you find the dingbat who marked your car, be sure to get his attention with a 2x4 before politely explaining your frustration!
Old 06-21-02, 10:12 AM
lexlikenother
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'll whip out my key in a heartbeat....

LSU parking....my favorite. RIGHT after I put my new bumper on, some idiot in front of me in a camaro parked over the line into my space. Well you know how long and POINTED their bumpers are. When I looked at my bumper, his/hers was pushing INTO my new bumper. So I backed my car up, and keyed one nice long line from his/her headlights to his/her taillights . Only bad thing was that it was RIGHT next to the campus police, but I had a nice big van for cover. Spaces are so tight nowadays, and people are SO careless, especially when they are late for class. I've found that my house key works better than my lexus one, the ends of the lexus one are kinda rounded.
Old 06-21-02, 10:42 AM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

I would never have a nice car on a college campus. Too much stuff. Too many drunk people, people don't care, people who are jealous, and the like. Of course I couldn't afford a nice car when I was in school.

My dad's lincoln got trashed when he was recruiting at none othere than Notre Dame. Dude ran up over the hood on to the roof jumped to the trunk. Stopped. Turned around, jumped back onto the roof, to the hood and booted the hood ornament off into the parking lot. My dad later found the hood ornament about 30 feet away. He traded the car in after that for a markVIII and never went back to Notre Dame to hire anyone. Or park. Now he sends other people to do recruiting.
Old 06-21-02, 11:09 AM
cupete
Pole Position

That's sad to hear...

I got my own story and I am pissed off as well. Well, on this father's day, I went to visit my dad at Forest Lawn in Glendale, CA. When I returned to my car, I noticed that someone wrote something in the trunk area where the INFINITI sign is located at. Someone wrote F U C K Y A and even took the "I" from the INFINITI emblem. WTF, who would do such a thing in a cemetery? Man, I wish I was paying attention to the car more...
Old 06-21-02, 12:27 PM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear about all the inconsiderate pieces of crap out there. Here's another story to add to the list. Last July, after I had only had my SC for 1 week, I was driving thru Arkansas (I recommend driving THRU Arkansas, because there is nothing worth stopping for) and had to stop for gas @ Texarkana. While I was inside paying, the local white trash crap mobile pulled up next to my car. I didn't think much of it, and they left before I had finished inside the store. When I walked out to my car, I saw something brown hanging from my drivers door. Turns out the b@$t@rd in the crap mobile had spit a wad on my door. While it didn't do any damage, it still seriously pissed me off. I wish I could have found that Bubba & his pregnant sister/wife/cousin that was with him. Apparently some of the locals are jealous of anything that can't be bought with food stamps.
Old 06-21-02, 12:42 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry to hear about all the crap that came your way... I've had my share of bad car stuff happen, too.

BTW, you guys ever hear of Karma? What comes around goes around? Perhaps I've mellowed a bit in my 'old' age (32), but I'm not sure I'd feel much better by retaliating the "2x4" way...

If I was really that pissed about something like this, I would use my handy-dandy valve stem core remover I keep in my glove box.
This wonderful little tool can create a non-permanent annoyance to the vehicle owner- just remove the valve stem core, and presto, the offender comes out to a flat tire.

Most people assume they picked up a nail or something, and they'll be inconvenienced for 30 minutes or more changing the tire, not to mention the time it takes to go to the local GoodYear store for a flat repair.

To really f#@k with the offender, repeat weekly for best results!

A "classy and non-destructive" method of retaliation...

Last edited by SoCalSC4; 06-21-02 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-21-02, 02:08 PM
strongsail
Instructor

Thanks SoCal, you're right, the lumber therapy would be a bit harsh - maybe the keying is too - but I love your "nonviolent" remedy!
Old 06-21-02, 02:46 PM
lexlikenother
Pole Position

Originally posted by SoCalSC4
Sorry to hear about all the crap that came your way... I've had my share of bad car stuff happen, too.

BTW, you guys ever hear of Karma? What comes around goes around? Perhaps I've mellowed a bit in my 'old' age (32), but I'm not sure I'd feel much better by retaliating the "2x4" way...

If I was really that pissed about something like this, I would use my handy-dandy valve stem core remover I keep in my glove box.
This wonderful little tool can create a non-permanent annoyance to the vehicle owner- just remove the valve stem core, and presto, the offender comes out to a flat tire.

Most people assume they picked up a nail or something, and they'll be inconvenienced for 30 minutes or more changing the tire, not to mention the time it takes to go to the local GoodYear store for a flat repair.

To really f#@k with the offender, repeat weekly for best results!

A "classy and non-destructive" method of retaliation...
LOL that would be funny. BUT most of the time, you only see the offender that one time.
Old 06-21-02, 04:08 PM
1BomexLex
Lead Lap

but maybe once you paint it black
drunk people wont see it at night and tehy wont try to mess up your car
hehehe
Old 06-21-02, 04:35 PM
Whitmanpc1
Driver

Default I've never done this but..

to brainstorm on some fun stuff: Why not keep a few potatoes in the trunk, to be used to plug up an exhaust? By the way, will that keep the car from starting? I seem to remember something like this from a movie...

Even funnier would be to keep a couple of banannas or a bunch of grapes: stuff a few of them up before the potato plug.

Old 06-21-02, 05:12 PM
SDSC300
Lead Lap

YEAH what the hell is wrong with people ... something happens to your car (yeah that sucks) and then some people are saying they go and key or do something to another car(even if its the car that damaged yours) ..
thats focked up either way ...
I hope most of you are joking
Old 06-21-02, 07:32 PM
ChrisSC300
Pole Position

Well, It is one thing if the person that hit you confronts you and tells you that they did it and will be willing to pay for the damages (which rarely ever happens). But if someone pulls a hit and run, retaliation is a well deserved punisment. Keying the persosns car that hit you is perfectly ok. If someone hits me then try's to get away with it I would definitly get back at them. A friend of mine didnt knoe one of her passangers still had her door open when she started backing up, and ended up leaving a 5ft long green scrape down the side of white car. She just bolted. If that kind of thing ever happened to me i would most definitly get back at the person.
Old 06-21-02, 08:20 PM
Camshaft
Lead Lap

Well, mine was not quite so bad. A guy (crackhead) was mad at my best friend because he was dating the crackhead's ex. Soooo, he slashes MY tires because I am friends with him. That happened 4 months ago, he got busted for kid ****. What goes around comes around. Lets just say he is about 5'8", 150, heh heh heh. Enjoy the showers a$$hole!!!
Old 06-21-02, 08:36 PM
SDSC300
Lead Lap

Originally posted by ChrisSC300
Well, It is one thing if the person that hit you confronts you and tells you that they did it and will be willing to pay for the damages (which rarely ever happens). But if someone pulls a hit and run, retaliation is a well deserved punisment. Keying the persosns car that hit you is perfectly ok. If someone hits me then try's to get away with it I would definitly get back at them. A friend of mine didnt knoe one of her passangers still had her door open when she started backing up, and ended up leaving a 5ft long green scrape down the side of white car. She just bolted. If that kind of thing ever happened to me i would most definitly get back at the person.
so if you just happened to scratch or accidentally leave a 5ft scrape on a car you would???? bolt? or you just expect the retaliation??

and if your car has a scratch(or whatever) when you go after the car that (supposedly) inflicted the damage aren't you going to do double the damage? you have to 1 up them

if the car is there for you to damage why not wait and confront them?

Quick Reply: WTF is wrong w/ people these days???