SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My $800 SC400..

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-10, 11:01 AM
S142jz
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not bad at all. Great deal congrats on the progress.
Old 06-06-10, 11:18 AM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn hell of a deal!

JW, are your rear tires on backwards? lol
Old 06-06-10, 02:10 PM
ZPEED
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by attzor
Lately I've been working with this new car, I got it on craigslist about a month ago, posted a thread with like 1 pic, well now I have a new phone with a 5 mega pixel camera that automaticly uploads the pics I take to photobucket, so no more being lazy when it comes to pics! When I got the car, it severely needed a cleaning, after using heavy duty degrease on just about everything (seats, carpet, just about everything) the car was finally all cleaned up, ready for the reason why it was 800$ to be fixed, the trans!

After 5 days of battling that heavy *** trans, me and my pops got it in, and all hooked up. This was our first big car thing, biggest thing I've ever done was valve cover gaskets, so it was a step up! Theres still some issues (A ****TON OF ISSUES) to deal with, but it's a pretty good car.

Here's the car waiting for the trans to arrive, took a LONG time, seller had family issues, understandable.

1uz pretty much all stock, the serpentine belt is quite old, but it seems like the timing belt is about a year old.

Hella flush?

some day..

cleaned interior, still needs alot of work.

3 days after we started, the old trans is out!

popped in a new rear main seal, just in case.

vacant spot where my 1jz car used to be.. I'm jones'in a boosted car baaad.

THE FLIES! they were SO bad, had to use bug spray to keep them off my legs while I was under the car, nothing more annoying!

pops under the car, just put the new trans in and started bolting **** up

Some pics I took after I got the car running:

Thanks for checking it out.
that's a lots of work man. no lifter ? ur a pro !
Old 06-06-10, 02:16 PM
attzor
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Klaus
So $800 is what you picked it up, what's your all in? Just guessing, it still looks like an awesome deal!
800 for the car 350 for the trans, 150 for tools and another ~100 for random stuff like fluids, so about 1500 right now, after I do the brakes I'll be up to 1700.

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Nice find for 800 smacka rues.. Those transmissions are a heavy as heck when you are doing in the garage. Whats next on the to do list?
Well the brakes are probably next, other than fixing the major exhaust leak we left after removing the cats, the bolts for the cats are the toughest mother ****ers on this entire car.

Originally Posted by UR2klose
looks like a good deal for only $800.. im jealous lol i was looking for another sc400 for a while but ended up gettin a 300 instead
I was looking for a sc300 and ended up with a 400, I really can't live with out a turbo car, it's just depressing having a slow car.

Originally Posted by kez
My sc3 was 800 to. trans is still f'ed but waiting on pedal assembly from. So me and pops can swap it out wit the w58.
GL man, it's a ***** to do, if you need any help on silly little things that are causing head aches, pm me, I bet I know how to get around it, lol..

Originally Posted by ArodDaLob
damn your pops' a straight up g, bare-footing it everywhere

car looks good
Who needs shoes? fairly sure it's a state law in Georgia to go barefoot atleast 50% of the time.

Originally Posted by OneJay
Damn hell of a deal!

JW, are your rear tires on backwards? lol
maybe..

Thanks for the comments guys, I love how SC's look, but I just can't go with out a turbo car, right now I'm fumbling between 3 options, option 1: remote mount kit, option 2: sell this car and buy something else (I.E ls1 trans am, another boosted SC, ect..) and option 3: keep the sc400 and buy a sr20 s13 240sx. I like option 3 the best, but selling the idea to my mother, who doesn't really want a driveway full of cars, is going to be hard.
Old 06-06-10, 03:31 PM
fleishelja
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

just move out of the parents house and you can have as many cars as you want! what was the story with your 1jz car?
Old 06-06-10, 03:40 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Wow.. Good buy.... I was scared for you there with your jack stand on a couple of 4x4 wood hehehee.
Old 06-06-10, 03:59 PM
sayayin
Pole Position

Ja ja i found you, how is it going, I will be getting some megan coil for the sc300, I am florida now but will coming back tomorrow and get the car ready to bring it, so far car runs great and reach je je, I will probably will do I dyno to see how is doing and fix the AC, the sc400 looks good you should do the turbo on the back i think it will be cheaper. I will keep you updated on the progress and probably will buy another 1jz as a spear here they have some good deals.
Old 06-06-10, 05:25 PM
attzor
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fleishelja
just move out of the parents house and you can have as many cars as you want! what was the story with your 1jz car?
Sold it, sayayin has it now. Doesn't really matter how many cars I have, just seems to start to matter when they end up in the garage and the rest of the families cars are outside.

Originally Posted by masagsxr
Wow.. Good buy.... I was scared for you there with your jack stand on a couple of 4x4 wood hehehee.
I had to do something, even then I had such little room, the 4x4's worked out great though.

Originally Posted by sayayin
Ja ja i found you, how is it going, I will be getting some megan coil for the sc300, I am florida now but will coming back tomorrow and get the car ready to bring it, so far car runs great and reach je je, I will probably will do I dyno to see how is doing and fix the AC, the sc400 looks good you should do the turbo on the back i think it will be cheaper. I will keep you updated on the progress and probably will buy another 1jz as a spear here they have some good deals.
I'm having the same issue with this sc400's suspension, its like ****ing jello, if the coilovers fix it, let me know. Oh and make sure you get a new serp belt if you're installing the ac, the AC is bypassed on the current one. I wouldn't worry about the motor breaking, the last thing thats going to die on that car is the motor, it only has like 40k miles and reads 174-181 accross the cylinders.
Old 06-06-10, 07:12 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow iam paying 200 more for my 400. and it also has a busted tranny.. what was wrong with youres?? and how many miles do you have. the car iam picking up tues. the guy says he puts into gear ans it dosen't move and the trac light comes on. i have a rb20 powered s13. and iam going to 1jz this car also sometime this winter..
Old 06-06-10, 07:24 PM
maynanator
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by attzor

Thanks for the comments guys, I love how SC's look, but I just can't go with out a turbo car, right now I'm fumbling between 3 options, option 1: remote mount kit, option 2: sell this car and buy something else (I.E ls1 trans am, another boosted SC, ect..) and option 3: keep the sc400 and buy a sr20 s13 240sx. I like option 3 the best, but selling the idea to my mother, who doesn't really want a driveway full of cars, is going to be hard.
why don't you supercharge it?
Old 10-20-10, 12:05 AM
EDTUN3R
Lead Lap

Great Buy, And Its In Perfect Shape
Old 10-20-10, 07:48 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

That's a pretty clean SC for $800.
Old 10-20-10, 08:02 AM
astrotrav
Rookie

Congrats on the purchase, I got mine for $700 but my interior looks like a tazmanian devil attacked it.
Old 10-20-10, 08:50 AM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

are the tires on backwards?
Old 10-20-10, 09:36 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

How much have you added to $800 you got it for?

just wondering about your progress...

Quick Reply: My $800 SC400..