Godspeed Gte Intake Plenum

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-10, 02:47 PM
Foxman267
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Godspeed Gte Intake Plenum

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-su...Q5fAccessories

Has anyone ever used one of these plenums with their 2jzgte swap or known of anyone using one?
It looks to me to be of reasonable quality and for the price you cant beat it.
Some may be concerned that it has no velocity stacks inside of the plenum but I will be doing some work to this manifold before it goes on anyway so it is of no concern to me.

Thanks Guys
Old 06-13-10, 04:18 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is the manifold I was planning on modifying to work with the GE lower runners to replace the JDM GTE ffim I have in place now. Havent seen anyone using them personally, but Im sure with a bit of work (cleaning towards the runners if needed) it could be a pretty nice piece for the price.

my only concern would be what TB to use? I had planned on a 90mm Wilson TB, but am thinking the flange would need to be cut/modified/swapped out.
Old 06-13-10, 04:36 PM
joeazy187
Pole Position

Originally Posted by turbodremz
This is the manifold I was planning on modifying to work with the GE lower runners to replace the JDM GTE ffim I have in place now. Havent seen anyone using them personally, but Im sure with a bit of work (cleaning towards the runners if needed) it could be a pretty nice piece for the price.

my only concern would be what TB to use? I had planned on a 90mm Wilson TB, but am thinking the flange would need to be cut/modified/swapped out.
I have seen these on eBay for the 2jzge.
Old 06-13-10, 04:54 PM
joeazy187
Pole Position

Default 2jzge ffim

Here's one but twice the price as the 1st one
Godspeed Gte Intake Plenum-162281698_o.jpg
Old 06-13-10, 05:17 PM
t66sc3
Driver

Not to sure about the godspeed one but i know the pnt which comes with the lower runners also has been proven on some fast cars in the supra world. Im just going to be keeping the stock manifold as its not that restrictive and ill be using the money in other places which will show better power gains (i.e. headwork)
Old 06-13-10, 05:28 PM
fried_rice
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got one from DriftMotion.com. It was great quality, but I had to drill 3 of the holes bigger. This is the Greddy knock-off that is just over $200.

Last edited by fried_rice; 06-14-10 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-13-10, 06:13 PM
ogre
Driver

what kind of throttle body is that? i thought about gettin on of the ebay one and modifyin it to accept all the oem stuff includint the stock throttlebody
Old 06-13-10, 06:16 PM
2turbo1sup
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

are there any flow tests to prove if its even better than the oem gte plenum?
Old 06-13-10, 07:04 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^accufab throttle body, yeah that the greddy manifold "Knock off" Really it is the Greddy Manifold Greddy has a "company" make all their stuff for them. These are imported from that "company".

Here is mine with the q45 Throttle Body

Old 06-13-10, 07:43 PM
Foxman267
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the responses guys! I'm actually planning on using this on a GE. It says in the ad you can use the stock throttle body. the reason I was looking a this is mostly because there will be no way the stock GE intake will clear the hood nor the cowl of my 97 Firebird (and who doesn't love a FFIM). Ill let you guys know when I get this fabbed how much work it is to get it mounted to the runners. I hope to make over 900 crank horsepower when all is said and done.
Old 06-13-10, 09:56 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by joeazy187
I have seen these on eBay for the 2jzge.
I have too, and they are $400 more than the one for the GTE..hence, modification to the GTE intake for $300. I have been working on and researching GE alternatives to over priced aluminum intakes..I can justify an aluminum intake that is made from a few pieces of aluminum, no flow charts, no warranties, no TB's or vacuum ports that go for $600+, its just retarded..hand made or not. So by looking into this, if I can accomplish something simple, inexpensive, and ultimately complete (TB, TPS, Vac ports, etc..) for less than $500, it pays off for all GE na-t owners/builds.

Shortly after I get moved this week, I will have one of the GTE Greedy styled intakes from ebay in my garage with my spare set of GE lower runners..if all goes well, or I can find a simple solution, I will share the info.
Old 06-13-10, 11:54 PM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by turbodremz
I have too, and they are $400 more than the one for the GTE..hence, modification to the GTE intake for $300. I have been working on and researching GE alternatives to over priced aluminum intakes..I can justify an aluminum intake that is made from a few pieces of aluminum, no flow charts, no warranties, no TB's or vacuum ports that go for $600+, its just retarded..hand made or not. So by looking into this, if I can accomplish something simple, inexpensive, and ultimately complete (TB, TPS, Vac ports, etc..) for less than $500, it pays off for all GE na-t owners/builds.

Shortly after I get moved this week, I will have one of the GTE Greedy styled intakes from ebay in my garage with my spare set of GE lower runners..if all goes well, or I can find a simple solution, I will share the info.
I definitely like where your thinking is going here. Please do share any info
Old 10-20-10, 12:34 PM
kingayan
Driver School Candidate

old post but what happened?
Old 10-20-10, 04:35 PM
onejapman
Pole Position

i had baught long ago but never used it, how did everyone get the iac to stick to the manifold?
Old 10-20-10, 06:06 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kingayan
old post but what happened?
I scrapped the na-t build on my SC, and pussed out and have decided to go with a cammed LS1/T56.

Originally Posted by onejapman
i had baught long ago but never used it, how did everyone get the iac to stick to the manifold?
You dont need the IAC vavle for the car to run, but IIRC you can use the TT IAC valve

Quick Reply: Godspeed Gte Intake Plenum