Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A/T Shift Knbo

Does anyone know if this **** would work in a Sc400? It is made for toyota's
Attached Images  
Old 06-25-02, 03:34 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

There is someone on this site that already has the that Levoc shifter on their car. They said install was a pain cause the shifter doesn't mount properly but yes, it will work. I'm gonna get one soon.
Old 06-25-02, 04:05 PM
Neal Rikal
Pole Position

What do you mean about it not mounting properly? What is the solution to the problem?
Old 06-25-02, 04:15 PM
gavin
Driver

I would love to try this out, mine has been through hell and back. I hope its some what possible.

You have a URL to buy it from?
Old 06-25-02, 07:28 PM
strongsail
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's where I found it:

http://www.napolex.com/main/catalog/levoc.html

I've read it's less than a perfect install due to different setscrews that won't stay tight on the SC shifter stalk - also our shifters have a square base and this one looks round - but apparently it will fit and the OD switch will work, but I don't know how well - haven't bought one yet - if you do, take a s**tload of pix and post 'em - -
Old 06-25-02, 10:55 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just to let you guys know, I've had this shift **** before in one of my other cars....while it's not bad, it's not all that good...I would consider just having the stock one re-wrapped in leather (if it's looking all beat up)...
Old 06-25-02, 11:52 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

Thanks Manaray,

Saved me $80 of frustration for a cheap fake wood shifter
Old 06-26-02, 01:08 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep, I'm the guy with the Levoc ****...I took my **** off a while back because I never found a solid way to have it attached to my shifter.

I would have to tighten up the screws every once and a while so I just removed it. I can sell it if anyone wants to buy it. It's the pearl white shifter.

PM me or email me if anyone wants it.

Tony
Old 06-26-02, 04:37 AM
Toan Nguyen
Pole Position

Default Hmmmm

Anyone know of an A/T shift **** that will fit properly? I actually want to cut its height so that the thing isnt so high, as the drivers arm is resting on the middle box thing anyway, it doesnt need to be as tall as it is. I find myself gripping the handbrake more often than not (unconsciously) because having my arm rest on the centre bin lid means my hand is too close to the shifter. I dont know if anyone is understanding what I'm saying...

Has anyone tried halving the height of the stick?
Old 06-26-02, 08:24 AM
strongsail
Instructor

That would be a tough mod. Remove your **** and you'll see why. With the shifter in N, pull the little plastic cover down under the **** - it will snap off and slide down the stalk - then remove the 2 screws in the back at the base and the **** will slide off.
Old 06-26-02, 11:39 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, I tried cutting down the length of the shifter, kind of like a short shifter, but it wouldn't work.

I'm contacting Napolex directly and will be opening an account with them. If you folks want to buy some *****, pedals or anything they offer, maybe we can do a huge group buy.

Manaray, would you check it out and approve? I know this Levoc **** works PERFECTLY for 94 ES300 models.

Tony
Old 06-26-02, 02:42 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

There is another company that makes the shifter with and OD button. I think it's RAZO. Anyway, I don't know anyone who has one so I can't really comment on the fit.
Old 06-26-02, 06:10 PM
gavin
Driver

Someone in the SC picture gallary has a modified one. Although it could be someone on here that as already gave their 2 cents
Old 06-26-02, 08:15 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

I have the Levoc **** in wood grain though it is not installed because it won't work properly installed. First of all, the wood grain does not match our wood trim. Secondly, about 95% of the **** and it's pieces are painted-plastic including the wood trim and chrome trim. Third, these ***** were designed for Toyota and Nissan cars, and the Lexus shifter rod is thicker therefore when you slide the **** all the way down the column, it depresses the shifter button. Why is this bad? Because the shift stick is not locked into place and you can be cruising down the freeway and accidentally knock it into park or reverse. And finally, Napolex's---parent company of Levoc---customer service is non existant. They defer you to an shop in Florida or something (long distance call) that installs Levoc *****, which has very little actual hands-on knowledge of Lexus cars. This shop is half-assed in explaining things, very poor assistance, and quick to hand you off to someone else. Understandable since you aren't making them any money wasting their time on the phone. Anyway, that's been my experience. If you still want one in wood grain, I have one to sell you.... unused .
Old 06-26-02, 09:40 PM
strongsail
Instructor

Wooookay Lex400sc, thanks for a concise description of something I have been chasing for a month or so.

I can now cross that 'un off my list.

So do we have absolutely nada for replacements for the Dildomatic? Has anybody tried doing a mod on the oem ****? What's under the leather and cheesy stitching? Can you get the OD switch out? Is the core between the cover and the rectangular center hole solid or hollow?

Just thinkin' out loud - wondering if the guts of the **** could be dissected and inserted in a wood sheath. I have a friend who is an expert high-end yacht woodworker with an amazing shop, and he could make anything if I can give him a pattern. I may snoop around wrecking yards and pick up a **** and cut it up and see what's inside.

Anybody got a wacked-out dildomatic they care to sacrifice for the cause? If I can figure out a pattern and a procedure, my woodbutcher friend can find the wood and custom-make the wood part and we all could put 'em together and do the finish work, sanding, varnishing blah blah.

Quick Reply: A/T Shift Knbo