SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

M34LNCH relaunches the bass boat ~23.5 cage/1400hp~ and homeboy's getting some press

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-10, 06:10 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Mario - congrats my friend, that is AWESOME

Jonny
Old 06-17-10, 06:26 AM
M34LNCH
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the kind comments guys, the project was started a few months about 8 months ago, and i'm very pleased to where is at, unfortunately (or fortunately) I ran into a really good deal on a supra that i couldnt pass up and the SC funds went to it. I'm still planning on at least painting the SCs engine bay and the entire cage/inside of the car but I'm not sure how much further I'll move with it right away. Or if I'm going to sell the roller.

The chasis on this car is above and beyond any stock body import, the 25.3 cage is a new certification from SFI as of september last year that allows this car to go as fast as it possibly can. And we have gone further than that to make sure the structural integrity of the car is perfect. If I end up selling the roller once its all painted i'm sure some domestic fellas will throw a big V8 on it and run outlaw events.

The car also has a Pro stock steering column, manual steering rack, adjustable suspension bars in the rear, and cusom made one of traction bar for the rear of the vehicle. Also TRZ made the plate that bolts up to the stock firewall to accomodate for a manual brake booster, etc. I will post pictures of the entire progress soon. This car is BY far the lightest SC ever, and I don't think anyone will ever come close. I know for a fact with a drivetrain on it as it sits it wil be under 3000lbs and still has stock doors
Old 06-17-10, 06:59 AM
High PSI
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know this is like the LEAST impressive thing about that car, but...

What kind of carbon fiber hood is that? No hood pins? I'm not huge into drag racing, but 7's has to be like a 160-170mph trap, right?

Also, care to enlighten us as to what makes this car so exceptionally light? And why did you go w/ the carbon fiber doors as opposed to some of the (relatively cheap) carbon fiber ones? Do they greatly affect the structural integrity of the car?
Old 06-17-10, 08:00 AM
M34LNCH
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by High PSI
I know this is like the LEAST impressive thing about that car, but...

What kind of carbon fiber hood is that? No hood pins? I'm not huge into drag racing, but 7's has to be like a 160-170mph trap, right?

Also, care to enlighten us as to what makes this car so exceptionally light? And why did you go w/ the carbon fiber doors as opposed to some of the (relatively cheap) carbon fiber ones? Do they greatly affect the structural integrity of the car?
Car does need hood pins in the future because i removed all the hood mecanism. However i went 150 traps with it on and no pins no issues. it is a Seibon hood.

What makes it so light?
-Removed 100% of the harness, electrical system, fuseboxes etc. all in all cam in at 127lbs.
-No sun roof assembly 50lbs
-All the sound deadning scraped out of the car $70lbs
-No speaker deck, no metal between the trunk and the cabin, no spare tire well
-Chromoly radiator support
-No factory steering column, or rack (the prostock chromoly one is 47lbs lighter than the stock one) and many more things i'm leaving out.

Car has factory lexus doors on it, carbon fiber doors are the way to go, structuraly they don't mean anything when you are sitting in a funny car cage, so you could have a paper thin door and be just as safe in th eevent of crash.
Old 06-17-10, 08:28 AM
M34LNCH
Lead Lap

Here is the pictures of the entire process...

Testing engine bay setup...

Getting to the cage shop

Trunk no gas tank

Interior shots with no sound deadning. First cage bars getting test fitted

Driveshaft Loop built into the structure of the cage

Old 06-17-10, 08:35 AM
M34LNCH
Lead Lap

Showing the welds off

Dash bar is in

Some Structural pieces / funny car cage

Old 06-17-10, 08:42 AM
M34LNCH
Lead Lap

Old 06-17-10, 08:48 AM
M34LNCH
Lead Lap

Old 06-17-10, 09:04 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

thats awesome, basically remade the whole thing.
Does that little radiator really keep the 2j cool enough?
Old 06-17-10, 09:06 AM
M34LNCH
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
thats awesome, basically remade the whole thing.
Does that little radiator really keep the 2j cool enough?
yeah it should be fine, less volime of water means easier to cool down the sytem between passes, fuel cell in the front means a ton of weight savings
Old 06-17-10, 09:35 AM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

I know you're talking about backburnering it (I'll never trust you again after this thing popped back up with a 23 5 setup) but I was wondering where it was going in the first place. I know you aren't into bracket racing so was this just going to be for unlimited a la Darin's car in the 8's? I'm impressed by the welds-they're even better than Vig's and the whole car looks alien without the deadening schmutz. I personally think it'd be a pretty good platform to go 10.5 - if you sell it someone will certainly snap it up quick.
Old 06-17-10, 09:50 AM
M34LNCH
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hyjaxx
I know you're talking about backburnering it (I'll never trust you again after this thing popped back up with a 23 5 setup) but I was wondering where it was going in the first place. I know you aren't into bracket racing so was this just going to be for unlimited a la Darin's car in the 8's? I'm impressed by the welds-they're even better than Vig's and the whole car looks alien without the deadening schmutz. I personally think it'd be a pretty good platform to go 10.5 - if you sell it someone will certainly snap it up quick.
It was intended to run NSCRA class (same as Big Daddy, South FL turbo Etc) It would be a perfect car for it or 10.5 given is much longer than a supra and long wheel bases = more stable easier to hook.
Old 06-17-10, 10:25 AM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

What a beast! Ive always loved this car. See it on supra forums a lot. Cant wait for numbers
Old 06-17-10, 02:15 PM
Wheel_Man
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That thing is going to be a beast!!!
Old 06-17-10, 03:15 PM
romycha1
Lead Lap

Geez... how heavy is the cage alone?

Quick Reply: M34LNCH relaunches the bass boat ~23.5 cage/1400hp~ and homeboy's getting some press