SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Would 2 15" subs w/ a 4.0 cu inch box fit in a sc trunk?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-10, 07:52 PM
hotshot27
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO its not easy to make an SC loud. the gas tank prevents a lot of the sound from entering the cabin.

The best setup i think you could do it to have a rear facing box with a cutom port through where the factory sub was. that would allow the sound to get into the car.

And to answer the original question, yes 2 15's will fit. I have 2 RE SE 15's in mine running on 300watts for electrical reasons. it was a PITA to get the box in, but its 4.5 cubed sealed. hits pretty well except for the damn gas tank blocking sound.

P.S. the RE subs you have will last quite a while if you keep them on clean power. I fed mine double their RMS for about 4 months of daily use and they never have had issues.
Old 08-18-10, 01:01 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by snowfox444
ehem.. im a chick

and... i went with 2 re audio sxx 12" a new 200 amperes high output alternator, a 2000 amp kinetik battery, and a mrp2000 alpine amp, upgraded the rear speakers with 6x9 alpines and the front with 5 1/2 alpines. put in a clarion 3 way active crossover. I am some how rigging a 10 in. radiator fan where the sub hole is in the back where stock sub used to be then i am going to install 3 smaller fans in the trunk near where the gas tank is to encourage circulation since i fried one amp already from overheating. This car bumps really well even at low wattage. I was pushing merely 500 watts and You could hear me coming half a mile away. 2000 watts will probably knock the sunroof off track .

im just an audiophile. competitions arent really huge in my area, and i get enough "cop" attention on my own with just stock everything. I just like being able to feel the vibrations. 2nd, a lot of my friends are into loud music and clean set ups, I am going for sound quality, loudness , low notes, good quality, and have spent around 2k in my set up. The paint job I am going for a little flashy, only because I like the paint job. I am not going to slam it with "24's" or act like im in Florida instead of Maine or front like im a black gangsta when really im just french / native american suburban girl in public schools. I live a little flashy, but that is not my intentions with the car. I want it to perform swiftly, look pretty and sound incredible ( i just want it to be better and louder than anyone else - Its just because i can ) i want it to be my pride and joy, i love my car and therefore instead of shopping for expensive clothes or buying shoes for my friends and i, instead of pedis and manicures, I am buying car poarts and thinking of ways to upgrade it. give me a break
This setup sounds really nice judging by the stuff you listed! I also want to push 1,500 to 2,000 watts in my SC at some point. I know it's going to get super expensive so I've got a single 12" for now. I can't wait until I can get a setup like yours.

Originally Posted by snowfox444
ps: I am still looking for a custiom box to be made. I can message specs if anyone is interested in doing something.. wood is fine it just needs to be ported adntuned to 35 Hz and about 3.0 - 4.0 cubic feet and to fit 2 12" subs ... I just want it to look clean in the sc and provide the best sound it can. I am making it versitile. able to bump low bass notes from hip hop and rap genres, and the sound quality to make u feel like you are up on stage with dimebag himself. I listen to everything besides country. classic rock, metal, alternative rock, trance, hip hop, classical, ... stuff like that.
I see you're a Dimebag fan and like a large variety of music as well? I want my car stereo to sound like a concert inside and outside.

Originally Posted by BigManne
one twelve in a nice ported box should do you fine but like many have said. The sc is not a good SPL vehicle. If you want an SPL vehicle. Buy a Minivan and wall it off then weld the rear doors shut. Who the hell is Dimebag?
A single 12" does work pretty good in the SC. Dimebag was the guitarist from Damage Plan and Pantera if I recall correctly.

Originally Posted by hotshot27
IMO its not easy to make an SC loud. the gas tank prevents a lot of the sound from entering the cabin.

The best setup i think you could do it to have a rear facing box with a cutom port through where the factory sub was. that would allow the sound to get into the car.

And to answer the original question, yes 2 15's will fit. I have 2 RE SE 15's in mine running on 300watts for electrical reasons. it was a PITA to get the box in, but its 4.5 cubed sealed. hits pretty well except for the damn gas tank blocking sound.

P.S. the RE subs you have will last quite a while if you keep them on clean power. I fed mine double their RMS for about 4 months of daily use and they never have had issues.
The gas tank killed my single 12" sub. There is a huge layer of metal in between the trunk and back seat that I took out and it made a HUGE difference in sound. I also took out the factory sub since it just made a bunch of noise.

How is the sound quality on RE subs compared to brands like Alpine or Kicker?
Old 08-18-10, 08:37 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

SC's are not made for SPL. You need something that does not have a gas tank / firewall in the damn way.
Old 08-18-10, 08:54 AM
tuterz
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i have one 10 inch jl w7 and a 500/1 .. and that thing hits.. trust me when i say it hits.. i use to have a ls400 with 4 15's jl w3's.. its not as loud as the 4 15's.. but.. this one 10 does its job for the little space it takes up!.. my nose hair itches when i turn it up!!.. haha
Old 08-31-10, 01:13 PM
hotshot27
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kira X
The gas tank killed my single 12" sub. There is a huge layer of metal in between the trunk and back seat that I took out and it made a HUGE difference in sound. I also took out the factory sub since it just made a bunch of noise.

How is the sound quality on RE subs compared to brands like Alpine or Kicker?
I love the way they sound. Mine do best in a compact sealed box. they are extremely musically and they have a very flat response. They are also overbuilt so you can abuse them and they will keep on going strong. i used to have some type r 12's and they were pretty decent, but the RE subs are more efficient and handle more power, so A++ in my book
Old 08-31-10, 03:50 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by hotshot27
I love the way they sound. Mine do best in a compact sealed box. they are extremely musically and they have a very flat response. They are also overbuilt so you can abuse them and they will keep on going strong. i used to have some type r 12's and they were pretty decent, but the RE subs are more efficient and handle more power, so A++ in my book
I might have to look into getting a set of the RE's. I've been seeing these in a lot of cars lately. Thanks for the quick review. I just need to find a shop that sells them so I can listen to some of their subs.
Old 09-07-10, 01:14 PM
hotshot27
Driver School Candidate

the only place in tulsa that sells them is on 46th and mingo in tulsa. little hole in the wall interior shop, but they carry DD, RE, and Zapco. everything i've seen them do is extremely show quality work
Old 09-07-10, 01:55 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sc4demon
im not that into the sound system thing but it would be awesome if you did this
thats about $25,000 worth of audio equipment in that soarer
Old 12-04-10, 10:16 PM
Track5tar
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm... im pushing a Kicker SX1250.1 at 1ohm... with a Digital Design 3512 sub... yes i win competitions ..in my SC....with things like the rear 10 inch sub removed...still have gas tank....kinetik hc600....0 gauge wire....and a lovely spool.