SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

i need advise about swap engine in lexus sc300

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-10, 06:51 PM
2jzz73
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i do know what i have its a 2jz 92 stick shift 5 speed 226hp but it has lost some cause it has a crack i know what im doing its just my words didnt come out right but i see i got a civic its a 2001 civic si swap engine it has a b17c5 turbo T3/t4 i could keep going but why for all i want to to get tips how to buuild my way up from stock to modified ok its a new thing im dealing with a bigger block and bigger pistons i just want to know how much im going to spend just to get my car up and going to txk11 i want to reach to 1000 hp i got enough money to get it done but really i want to see what kind of knowlegde club lexus forums has.
Old 06-28-10, 07:07 PM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2jzz73
i do know what i have its a 2jz 92 stick shift 5 speed 226hp but it has lost some cause it has a crack i know what im doing its just my words didnt come out right but i see i got a civic its a 2001 civic si swap engine it has a b17c5 turbo T3/t4 i could keep going but why for all i want to to get tips how to buuild my way up from stock to modified ok its a new thing im dealing with a bigger block and bigger pistons i just want to know how much im going to spend just to get my car up and going to txk11 i want to reach to 1000 hp i got enough money to get it done but really i want to see what kind of knowlegde club lexus forums has.
Oh crap.....where'd I put my waders!
Old 06-28-10, 07:24 PM
romycha1
Lead Lap

1000hp?!?!

How are you suppose to reach 1000hp with $5000?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong... it's been a while since I owned or was into any of the Honda stuff...
-In 2001 Honda did not make a Civic Si
-The B17.. was the GSR motor from 1993
-The B18C5, is the Type R motor that started production in 98

Either you are now making stuff up, or I am totally wrong.
(again, I could totally be wrong about all of this and if I am, I apologize... and if I am wrong, please provide more detail about it... like pictures.)

Again... I, and maybe some others, might still be willing to help you.. but you gotta get your **** together.

Be realistic! What are you power goals? Do NOT say 1000hp. What the hell would you do with 1000hp?
Old 06-28-10, 07:36 PM
2jzz73
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by romycha1
1000hp?!?!

How are you suppose to reach 1000hp with $5000?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong... it's been a while since I owned or was into any of the Honda stuff...
-In 2001 Honda did not make a Civic Si
-The B17.. was the GSR motor from 1993
-The B18C5, is the Type R motor that started production in 98

Either you are now making stuff up, or I am totally wrong.
(again, I could totally be wrong about all of this and if I am, I apologize... and if I am wrong, please provide more detail about it... like pictures.)

Again... I, and maybe some others, might still be willing to help you.. but you gotta get your **** together.

Be realistic! What are you power goals? Do NOT say 1000hp. What the hell would you do with 1000hp?

Swap engine with a type r integra dude i know my stuff chill look its not a lie dude but and with a 1000hp just to have fun at the track its my project car thats why
Old 06-28-10, 08:08 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, your running a B17/8 in a Civic with a t3/t4 turbo, and your asking basic knowledge questions..

if you want to hit 1000hp, your going to have to dish WAYY more than $10k, and due to some of the limitations with the stock ignition system/cams on the GE motor, you might as-well start with a GTE, delete the squirters, blueprint the block, 3.4l stroker($6k alone minimum), rods, pistons...Building the block will cost you more than $10k easily.

bottom line is you need to search, and work on your grammar, and punctuation cause its making it very difficult for anyone to understand wtf you asking/saying. I know us Texans dont have the best English in the world, but seriously, my 2yr old daughter seems to be a bit more proficient.

SEARCH!! trust me you will find your answers. Search here, if you set on using the GE go to clubna-t.com, Supraforums.com, Google, Yahoo, hell even Ebay...if you put as much effort into hitting your goal with an SC as you are with your searching, just sell the car.
Old 06-28-10, 08:19 PM
romycha1
Lead Lap

i HAVE A LEXUS SC300 92 WITH 46 MILES AND I WANT TO PERFORM IT BUT THE THING IM NOT RICH OR NOTHING BUT WHAT KIND OF THING THAT ARE CHEAP THAT I CAN MAKE MY LEXUS PUT MORE TORQUE AND HP ON IT
You made on thread asking for cheap mods.... then you make this thread saying you want to make a 1000hp SC.

Like I said earlier... this thread is just a pipedream. Until you prove me wrong, I doubt you even own a Civic, let alone a blown one.
Old 06-28-10, 08:29 PM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

really i want to see what kind of knowlegde club lexus forums has.

The best advice anyone can give you is to search ClubLexus, ClubNA-T, and Supraforums. I've been searching for so long and theres plenty more research to be completed.

I would have thought Supraforums would have been the obvious choice considering your talking about building a dyno queen to go to TX2K11.

Good luck with your search and looking forward to see your car @ TX2K11 if I make it
Old 06-28-10, 08:44 PM
2jzz73
Driver School Candidate

Ok i want to start cheap but than my homeb
oys started to say let build a lexus sc with 1000 or close to it so i won't be the only one working on it n putting money so i came to club lexus to get help. Not to get put down that's it im a beginner at this and. My punction suck but Imissyou using a phone and Im typing fast but i freakin. Suck at typing
Old 06-28-10, 08:45 PM
2jzz73
Driver School Candidate

oys started to say let build a lexus sc with 1000 or close to it so i won't be the only one working on it n putting money so i came to club lexus to get help. Not to get put down that's it im a beginner at this and. My punction suck but Imissyou using a phone and Im typing fast but i freakin. Suck at typing
Old 06-28-10, 11:17 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I give up...you cannot, and I say again, CANNOT reach 1000hp cheap, not even 500hp. you want a cheap car that runs 9's in the 1/4, get a Miata and drop an LS1 in it. Not to mention if your a beginner, your aiming wayy to high. Learn the basics, boost low till you know what your doing, and build a block on the side for later on.

No one is trying to bash you, simply tell you that your not going/looking at this the right way, and you have to know what your doing otherwise your dumping tons of time and money into something that is simply going to fail.
Old 06-29-10, 07:35 AM
Sidesweep
Driver

sorry, i'm a noob to this forum but coming from a Mazda3 i would recommend the OP buy something with much less hp or simply work on driving technique before even attempting to upgrade to bigger power numbers. as far as your goal, i would reconsider what you're honestly going to use that power for. 1000hp is an extremely expensive goal to attain (regardless of your car/motor) and only good for a dragstrip, otherwise it's a waste of power for nearly every other motorsport i can imagine. save the money and practice with what you have until you can manage it. and fyi, you have to pay to play with cars, that's always how it is. not a cheap hobby.
Old 06-29-10, 08:12 AM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is awesome... I almost don't want to post to keep drawing attention to this TOTALLY USELESS THREAD. It's just so damn funny!

Post some pictures of your badass Honda dude!

...and in the EXTREMELY UNLIKELY event you're serious... hit up 98MKIV (mark) at clubna-t. He can get you initially boosted and over 300 horses for around $2500.
Old 06-29-10, 08:31 AM
romycha1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sidesweep
sorry, i'm a noob to this forum but coming from a Mazda3 i would recommend the OP buy something with much less hp or simply work on driving technique before even attempting to upgrade to bigger power numbers. as far as your goal, i would reconsider what you're honestly going to use that power for. 1000hp is an extremely expensive goal to attain (regardless of your car/motor) and only good for a dragstrip, otherwise it's a waste of power for nearly every other motorsport i can imagine. save the money and practice with what you have until you can manage it. and fyi, you have to pay to play with cars, that's always how it is. not a cheap hobby.
That's great that you are willing to help... after all that's why we're here, right?

But the OP is hopeless. He talks about having a boosted Civic and knows what he's doing... but doesn't know the basics of this car. It's not like aftermarket performance on another car is like learning a totally different language.

I mean come on, his goal is to have enough power to burn V8's....
Old 06-29-10, 08:40 AM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

Starting to smell like troll in here
Old 06-29-10, 08:49 AM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually... you can reliably burn a V8 for about $700

http://www.hotrodgrills.com/products.aspx

Quick Reply: i need advise about swap engine in lexus sc300