SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

To sell or keep - what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-10, 08:12 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ill tell you the problem you had selling it. You live in Tulsa, OK. I swear you have a terrible location. I love it out there. When I got the GS from Tres, I had a great time out there. The thing is, I drove 24 hours STRAIGHT. I had someone with me, but the seat in the GS wouldnt go up so he really couldnt drive it, so I had driven up there (not thinking it would be a problem) and I had to drive all the way back. It wasnt a bad drive, but generally people dont have the time to make a 24hr trip. When I had my RR SC for sale here, I was getting offers WAY higher than what Tres was selling his car for. People dont want to ship cars. I dont think ill ever have one shipped. I am a go look at it and if I like it ill take it kind of guy. I have heard horrer storries about cars comming on trucks, my brother has had 2 cars shipped to him (I told him not to twice...he learned finally), but the first one was a converitble with a light colored top. The hydrolic line "busted" on the truck....I dont really think I believe this, but he had a HELLOFA time trying to get that stain out. The company covered the damage of course...but it was something stupid like $150 for a brand new top installed. It was just stupid. And then he bought a 70' GTO and the paint was FUUUUUUUUU'd bad. Orange peel like really bad. I swear if you lived closer to a coast you would get many more offers. I sold the GS over price Tres was asking. TN doesnt seem like a place with a lot of money. It has the stereotype that its a bunch of hillbillys riding donkeys/cows to work and that simply isnt what it is. I live in Williamson County which apparently won some award for being one of the riches counties in the US. Now-I do NOT live on my own (going to college in the fall, im only 19 ), and my parents house is all of 250K. Im not claiming to be some rich kid here, but having people around here with parents who will spend thousands on their kids first car for whatever they want-is very rewarding. I dont think it was the car and im glad you stuck to 7K because honestly, it was DEFINATLY worth 7K. Im glad you sold it though man Its always a good feeling. I just thought I would share that info with you. Take it for what you will. I love Tulsa. It was really fun going out there, just a LONG *** drive!
Old 07-20-10, 07:56 PM
hotshot27
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pssssssst, i'll give 7,500 to whoever just bought it
Old 07-20-10, 08:05 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hotshot27
pssssssst, i'll give 7,500 to whoever just bought it
I have a singled 1jz turbo SC400 you can have for $7k

Jonny
Old 07-20-10, 08:07 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 436 Likes on 359 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Dx3
I have a singled 1jz turbo SC400 you can have for $7k

Jonny
Don't sell it man! Unless you plan on buying another SC, you should just keep it. Me and my crew are coming up to Tulsa next month for the big Supra meet. We've got to represent for the SC's!
Old 07-20-10, 08:10 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
Don't sell it man! Unless you plan on buying another SC, you should just keep it. Me and my crew are coming up to Tulsa next month for the big Supra meet. We've got to represent for the SC's!
LOL - I don't know if I will sell it. I am doing my best to resist dumping a bunch of money into it, although I just purchased some Megan coilvers for it

Yeah I was talking to Sinsac (Supra guy) today about it. I might make it out there to say hi for a while and check out the dyno at Vangs

Jonny
Old 07-20-10, 10:15 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 436 Likes on 359 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Dx3
LOL - I don't know if I will sell it. I am doing my best to resist dumping a bunch of money into it, although I just purchased some Megan coilvers for it

Yeah I was talking to Sinsac (Supra guy) today about it. I might make it out there to say hi for a while and check out the dyno at Vangs

Jonny
Yeah, you should keep it! If you sell it, will you trade my your Megans for my setup along with some 97 tails and $50?
Old 07-20-10, 10:35 PM
lemaylexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the sell! In my own view it's always going to be harder to sell a car which has had its engine replaced. It scares people, though in cases like this it clearly shouldn't. The car looks clean on the outside, but with a torn seat, bad LCA bushings, a blown original motor, etc, there's a possibility this car had seen some tough times. Had I been interested in this car, those would have been my concerns. At $7k, I think you hit the nail pretty close to the head, though I would have tried to talk you down a thousand. But hey, shows what I know! Now take some of that cash and put it into that 1j!
Old 07-20-10, 11:26 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Keep it & mod it. Sell the 92 1J. Do vvt-i NA-T.