SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Woodzy's 2000 SC300/Soarer

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-10, 06:29 PM
Relapser
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha yeah - on second thought man - it's your car... it's not an investment! it's a toy...

so treat it like one haha

the previous owner was saying to me he was worried about "some kid getting hold of it n doing engine swaps n crashing it" just kinda sounds like this is exactly what's happening here

just to fill you 'Merrikans in :P

here in aust, in every state but West Aust, we have different classes of license, you have probationary, and open class... osme states this means you have a lower blood alcohol allowance, some states means can't go over a certain speed, some states mean you only have half a license even (ie: only a few chances of speeding tickets before having your license revoked)

but in all states except WA. younger drivers are banned from turbo cars, and V8s. i see this as absolutely stupid and ridiculous and see that driver training and awareness is more important... it's better to ban low performance drivers than ban high performance cars!

so he will have to wait a year or two before doing a 2J swap, at which stage car will be 12 or so years old, lets say he drives it converted for a year or two and decides to sell... it's 14/15 years old..

here in australia, if a car has had an engine swap... the KM are not genuine, and the resale value plummets... so while you guys in the USA are lucky enough to have an awesome civic with a B18c swap, or a 240sx with an LS1... here in australia that devalues the car for resale... because our banks encourage us to always have new cars... we can't even get car loans here if the car is over 5 years!!!!

but man - personally... i say do what you want with it! i'm personally not a fan of the Bomex kit... as someone said - it makes the car look older than it actually is!
Old 07-05-10, 02:13 AM
Woodzy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea thanks relapser, for a minute I actually thought it was Kev talking (You probably are kev) hahaha.

But yea, hundreds of things have been running through my mind but I will probably see myself not doing a swap, but selling it and buying something cheaper thats already been worked on.

Manual conversion would be nice though, but its hardly an investment.

The kit does look really average in photos (like the sideskirt is a PVC pipe or something)
so I was thinking of purchasing a new Kit but unsure of which one to get. This one however is the best one I have ever seen..

http://thekucars.files.wordpress.com...oarer-vsxx.jpg

Anyway relapser, how do you 'see' my mates drive dirty commos?? haha the actually drive nice show VZ utes and **** like that! Starting to become a bit sus now hey! hahah

Thanks for all the feedback guys
Old 07-05-10, 08:16 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Woodzy
so I was thinking of purchasing a new Kit but unsure of which one to get. This one however is the best one I have ever seen..

http://thekucars.files.wordpress.com...oarer-vsxx.jpg

AC is a great looking kit for an fairly aggressive kit. If I had it all to do again I think I would have kept my stock 97 body kit. If you want something that really follows the stock lines but is a little more aggressive then look at the T's project kit. Anyway, enjoy the car!

Relapser, Dang they have some funny rules there, That sure makes it hard on the new enthusiasts.
Old 07-05-10, 11:13 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus
Forum Moderator

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

clean soarer!
Old 07-06-10, 05:55 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats on the purchase mate.

Originally Posted by Woodzy
Manual conversion would be nice though, but its hardly an investment.
NO modification is an investment, financially anyway. Go nuts
Old 07-06-10, 07:11 AM
Relapser
Pole Position

Woodzy - seriously that post was hilarious... yes that was him... Kev... between you and me, (hopefully he's not reading this) but between you n me i thought he was a funny bugger, i called him just to see "where he got his cars complied" (because 2000 GT-T can't be complied in aust, i just had to make sure!) but yeah i called him with the intention of spending five mins on the phone to get a name and he talked to me for like an hour or so telling me all about his car and what he went through to get it haha

i guess that's how i know so much about this car already LOL!!!

but yeah. that was a long... long... phonecall

and how do i know your mates drive dirty commo's? because they're in the background of your pics public drinking out of brown paper bags. therefore they automatically drive commodores by default

dont mind me - i may come across as a ***** but that's just how i am... i'm a resident post***** of SAU.

but seriously, nice car man...

if you like the autocouture kit... jump on www.soarercentral.com - it's an aussie forum.. reason being is dave has done a group buy from shine auto project (who copied the AC kit but actually made it better) anyway

David Grab did a groupbuy on these and made the kits especially to fit aust numberplates (or somethingorother) basically the group buy has taken about 18 months or so... and all these people who signed onto the group buy have paid their deposit but lost interest over time... so post up asking to buy one of their kits... never know... expect to pay about $1000-$1500 aud for front sides rear though... which is REALLY cheap..

especially considering you can then sell your bomex kit too

i know for a fact there's a guy selling a kit there... check the for sale section!
Old 07-06-10, 03:11 PM
Woodzy
Driver School Candidate

lol na they arnt my mates, and that guy owns heaps of cars, he just didnt want to take his rx7 out so insted took his SS. and its not a bottle of grog.. its an iced coffe!!! haha it was about 10am that photo was taken !!!
Old 07-06-10, 05:25 PM
Relapser
Pole Position

oh cool.

...can we just pretend it's a bottle of straight... hot... white label beam? that will give him more street cred
Old 07-06-10, 09:41 PM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought aussies were all about engine swaps? Seems like every cutting edge crazy engine swap I'm hearing about these days is out of australia- I'm surprised to hear that it's looked down on out there?
Old 07-06-10, 09:59 PM
Relapser
Pole Position

not "looked down on" per say... hmmm... how can i put it...

it gets heaps of "props" and kudos etc... but when comes time to sell... not many people are into paying for it...

people here (what i see) care more about what the car says "on paper"

a good example is our import dealers, people will pay 17 thousand dollars for a 16 year old skyline that has 40,000km on the odo

(a highly unlikely km reading - many of these cars are wound back km... but because the car looks good "on paper" dumb people will pay for it

or a classic car too... people have trouble selling cars that are 35 years old restored maintained immaculate cond because people don't want them... yet they all turn their heads n drool when they see it parked outside a cafe!

everyone here owns new cars... who cares if they depreciate 8 grand every year... so long as it has that new car smell, right? lol.

who cares if the 10 year old import has auto-on headlights elec windows rain sensing wipers built in dash satnav cruise control dual airbags and a myriad of other features, most australians will still favour a brand new hyundai / kia with none of these features...

it also doesn't help that our police and government make it hard with their ever moving goalposts for us to have unique / modified cars...

actually - sorry to change topic but while we're at it.. how often do you guys in USA "hoon" ie do a burnout / accelerate hard / "street" race etc?

or even speeding? what is speeding viewed like in the states?

here if we are seen "hooning" (hooning can be whatever the police officer deems as hooning) we get immediate car confiscation and have to pay hundreds of dollars to get it back and go to court - the money we pay to get our cars back or the fine we receive is not to be refunded even IF we're found not guilty!

and speeding - anything 3kmh (2mph) or more than the posted speed limits (which are forever changing on any road) we get fined and loss of merit points...

when i say changing speed limits... here in perth, Beaufort street, starts @ 60kph, 3 school zones goes to 40kph, then the cafe strip can be 40kph / 50kph / 60kph depending on the time of day (controlled by LED lights) then back to 60kph...

...this is a stretch of road that goes about... hmmm... 6 kilometres max... so about 4 miles haha
Old 04-10-11, 12:02 AM
Woodzy
Driver School Candidate

Have not been on here in a very long time, just been so busy!

Works been flat out and have no time to get out of town to get parts and work done properly on the beast so just thought I would post up a recent pic that has been taken to bump it up.

Car was eneterd in a car show yesterday, and won best in show, best paint, and runner up best 2 door (strange aye).

Plans are being made to either sell or just go all out and get this thing looking pretty. Auto Couture kit would be great !

Anyway..
Attached Thumbnails Woodzy's 2000 SC300/Soarer-img_1579copy.jpg  
Old 04-10-11, 09:00 AM
Asha'man
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Relapser
here if we are seen "hooning" (hooning can be whatever the police officer deems as hooning) we get immediate car confiscation and have to pay hundreds of dollars to get it back and go to court - the money we pay to get our cars back or the fine we receive is not to be refunded even IF we're found not guilty!

and speeding - anything 3kmh (2mph) or more than the posted speed limits (which are forever changing on any road) we get fined and loss of merit points...
I realize this is an old post, but you see, we Americans live in what is commonly referred to as a "free country". As in, the police can't just go about doing whateverTF they please, confiscating cars, fining people *****-nilly, etc. Yes, there is abuse of the system, but we as citizens have what are called "rights". Not sure if you Aussies are familiar with the concept anymore.
Old 04-11-11, 10:08 AM
Relapser
Pole Position

You're a funny guy, I like you!
Old 04-11-11, 04:14 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

yeah mod the car up. if it was 100% bone stock. i would leave it be. but it looks like it already had a body kit on it. so go all the way and make it ur own.
Old 04-14-11, 12:35 AM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pics of interior?