SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Damn you H20

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-02 | 11:15 PM
gavin
Driver

Default Damn you H20

So while driving from Orlando to West palm beach on I-95 I hit a huge pudle of water as just the wrong angle to send my car in about 7 circles across 2 lanes of traffic, and through some nice florida hollies before i finally came to a stop in the ditch.

Just after I got my car just the way i wanted it too =\

Lukly, me and my girlfriend walked away without a single scratch (air bag didn't even need to come out), and the damage is just the body panels. (florida hollies put little dents in the car as we spun through it). So tomorrow I will be off to see how much "damage" is done to the car (being it is still driveable), and to see what my options are. If anyone is looking for a 92 SC300 that the inside and engine are in mint shape (and **** it appears to even still have the lexus ride to it), and planed on putting a body kit on anyways...drop me a line (i might have one to sell for cheap)

Ironic part of the whole thing was bout 45 seconds after i got out of my car and called the cops, i hear screatching and look up and see another car do the same thing and come about 10 feet from my car when it stoped.
Old 06-30-02 | 11:48 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

That is too bad...I'm sorry to hear that...

Tony
Old 06-30-02 | 11:55 PM
Camshaft
Lead Lap

That should be the highway departments fault. If another car did the exact same thing, it is definatly a problem. A friend of mine did the exact same thing and the highway department took care of it because two other vehicles behind him did the same thing. Workers were there after an hour to fix things up. Check with your local department and see what you can do about it. Drainage is a resposibility for highway crews.
Old 07-01-02 | 12:51 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah, Camshaft is right. My friend fishtailed, flipped, and ultimately totalled his Camaro around a bend of road because the grassy island's sprinklers were flooding the street with pools of water at night. These pools of water eroded the asphalt over time creating potholes, and hitting the pothole is what caused the Camaro to lose traction and slide out of control. Even though he was speeding, the police did not fine him for destroying a stop sign and a business park signage because they knew it was the cities fault for creating the scenario. They patched the street and toned down the sprinklers the next day.

You should contact your state's highway commission (CalTrans in CA) and have them pay for all the damage. Threaten to sue as well, even if you aren't intending to. Sorry about your situation though. Seems a lot of SCs are getting wrecked these days.