**sound system help!!**

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-10, 12:08 AM
aldizzurp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **sound system help!!**

Hey guys!

So I bought a Soundstream 7" touch screen unit with Bluetooth, DVD, mp3, & all that stuff & installed it. But now I noticed the speakers are making a knocking noise that wasn't prominent w/ the radio (tape & cd never worked).. Have you guys experienced anything like this? The knocking comes & goes whenever it pleases..

Also, when I accelerate I hear this high pitched "frequency-ish" noise that gets really annoying (& this was happening once i turned the power on for the radio). Is it the ground wiring?? Is it an open wire?

Thank you in advance!

-Aldie.
Old 07-07-10, 12:15 AM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

hmm i got the same thing. I gotta play around with my wires, local audio store guy told me its probably because i have too many power cables next to my RCA's.
Old 07-07-10, 12:28 AM
aldizzurp
Driver School Candidate

same thing as the knocking noise? or the high pitched frequency sound?
some guy @ Lexus told me it had to do w/ the engine? 0_0

& now i noticed my cigarette lighter doesn't work but my fuse is still good.. cigarette lighter wiring came off maybe?
Old 07-07-10, 12:30 AM
mptjimmy
Pole Position

run better power and ground lines, the knocking... might be something loose.. i like to solder over crimp...
Old 07-07-10, 04:50 AM
Ssergio86
Rookie

i've seen heard this happening, it sounds like when you rev u your engine up the radio has this high pitch sound that goes along with it...annoying, i think there is something you can buy to eliminate this, but i can't think of the name right now...but your best bet is to get better RCA cables and even better, check the power line that goes in to the battery, and the fuse...you may need a better one of those too.
Old 07-07-10, 08:27 AM
fuel4blood
Driver

Just installed my stereo and had the same problem. The high frequency noise your hearing is your alternator. Its someting to do with the sound system having a common ground somewhere (or factory amplifier). I tried running a seperate ground for the radio put that didn't help. Ended up using ground loop isolators from crutchfield, which is a shortcut fix. Here's a link to fix the problem the right way.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...nd-sub-working.
Old 07-07-10, 01:36 PM
Trevstuh
Lexus Test Driver

What gauge size is your ground? With a small gauge size for ground you'll get that noise!
Old 07-08-10, 09:44 AM
kyddo112
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how did you wire your speakers? i followed this link and ran wires to the amp in the trunk and havent had any problems with any speaker noise.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...b-working.html
Old 07-08-10, 03:50 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

The only noise I ever get is when my Belkin ipod touch dock is plugged in to the cigarette charger. Its very annoying. I just keep my ipod charged in the house and use the dock to just hold the ipod in place. NO noise.

I would say there may be a few problems somewhere. It has to be a bad ground somewhere to make that noise. I would try and reground the radio to the steel framing somewhere and keep it away from the power, rca cables, etc, as far as possible.

If you rerun new speaker wire, then keep the speaker wire and rca cables on one side of the car, and the power, and remote wire on the other side. The grounds need to be the biggest and shortest as possible. Also if you wire things in the trunk or anywhere in the car and you have to go through paint, remember to remove the paint about 1/2 all the way around the terminal. Scrape it away with a sharp screwdriver. Once done tightening it down, place some silicone over the terminal and you should be good to go. This is what I have done and let us know how it goes.