Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

AWD Supra / Lexus sc / Mk3 kits

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-10, 09:43 PM
$hogunn
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T4-Teg
If AWD is so badass, how come there arnt any 6 second quarter mile AWD cars? I wonder why all the drag cars are RWD?

Yes this mod would be great for my grandma driving in the rain or snow, im sure it would be much safer than RWD. Other than that what good is it? Who races in the rain or snow, besides the ricer Honda ppl?

Why spend 6-10k on a AWD setup, when our RWD platforms are tried and true? I guess you would get a cool unique factor, but thats about it..
WTF, first, you dont sound like a driver or a mechanic. its just something about the way in which you speak that is raising my suspect meter.

if you have driven many 500hp cars, and think that staying under boost will help you in the rain, you have another thing coming. even when i had a lil 300zx with the JW turbos and pop chargers, i remember pulling from a light in first gear, babying the throttle and almost fishtailing into a median. its just that simple. hp an rain dont go together period.

and ive been overseas in australia, driven , soarers, supras (and have pics doing so) drove a rally r34 vpsec (NIIIIICE!), ive even drive D course track, im not a master driver, but im pretty damn experienced to know anything with power in the rear and water dont mix. but if you dont feel its worth it fine, just back it up with something more concrete.

i hate the pissing contests on all forums, it sux.

this isnt about your grandmas cars
Originally Posted by Dr.Fate
I think you would sell this kit like hot cakes if you:
1. Make a kit for w58's because you know When in Rome..........
2. Make a kit for folks that have there own 5 speed without a core charge as an option, shipping back and forth a transmission does not sound like fun. Plus If you own a modified transmission The last thing you would want DO is send it out to have someone take the modified internals out and put them in your transmission, It's just not cost effective for the seller or the buyer. P.S. You don't want to responsible if somebody says you messed up there transmission right?
the w58 cant hold power so why bother. the w58 guys will just have to go r154 which they should anyways. i have a w58 in my sc300tt now but i wouldnt dare awd it. heck i wouldnt dare turn my boost up past 20psi. the w58 has love, but not in this arena. plus the w58 isnt compatable with the awd housing that i plan on using.

Originally Posted by matrixgts
All i can say is goodluck and hopefully i run into you since i'm going to be around bragg alot this summer.But i do recall, you saying that you maybe moving a little west.
yeah shoot me a pm matrix, im here and ill be here for a while, looking for land to build a house in charlotte or maybe greensboro. my supra made the NYCE1s dvd! man i thought that was cool. my sc may make the vid as well, im taking her to the track tomorrow more for show than to race her. lemme know if you need any help with your car, im always available to lend a hand.

Originally Posted by Dr.Fate
Both of you gents have good points, period. I would like to know how would this product handle D.D.? And what about the 5-6 speed v8 brothers? I'm just covering all bases here. $hogunn why diss the w58? It's a good transmission if treated well with the right modifications it's a great one, make an w58 option, trust me it would sell.
its really built for daily driving. i just feel like the new supra coming out is so ****ing god awful that the only way to redeem the brand will be to awd the MKIV and JZZ30

i know im going on a tangent but the lf-a should have been the supra.
the sc430 is coming along, but still has nothing on the sc300/400 series as far as natural beauty goes.

the new GTR's (which i hope to pick up by end of year) are kicking ***, but they have limitations we can exploit. the trans cant handle more than 750hp, and the car is heavy as a tank. so i figure if the sc/supra is lighter, can handle more power, and is awd, we can slay godzilla!!!!

i just hope if i pick one up that i dont come outside one day and see my sc3tt and the r35 fighting in the garage LMAO>

rant over.

the v8 guys could get in on the action since they have autos. if they use the same auto as the gte does we can work it out.

Last edited by $hogunn; 07-09-10 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-10-10, 08:53 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,282 Likes on 1,388 Posts

$hogunn,

Only when you are signed up to be an approved vendor (or arrange offer this product through an existing CL vendor) can you post 'gathering interest' threads like this one.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...faq_group_buys
Group Buys, Bulk Sales and Gathering Interest Posts
Group Buys (GB) or bulk sales are allowed ONLY in conjunction with a Club Lexus authorized vendor. ‘Gathering interest’ posts for group buys or new products are also not allowed without the prior support of an authorized Club Lexus vendor which can be coordinated directly through the vendor or requested of moderators or the forum administrator. Linking to group buys sponsored by non-CLUB LEXUS vendors or on other forums is not allowed.

Inappropriate GB posts will be promptly closed or removed without notice.