SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Hey guys Something new at shineauto!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-10, 04:55 PM
jgc
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Fate
See! here you are popping THAT crap my way like I give a damn what you say. My goal with my car is not to get on websites like refined elegance and boast about how much I paid for this or that it seem your is........ but stop the hate you elite ****! you have made your point. You like to pay a lot of money for parts GOOD for you! you have made your point but just wondering, of all the guys that had something negative to say about the lip, how many of you make money selling over priced items to the community?
And keep our crew's name out of your post. RE has nothing to do with this. Kohinoors car is 4 years in the making and barely surfaced weeks ago, just like the other RE cars. Don't act like these cars came together over night and all we did was write a check. He didn't cheap out, he waitied patiently until he was able to do what he did and bring it together and clearly it was well worth it. He could have gone to shine out auto and had them make a Fertecks kit for him but he didn't it. No one here claims to throw money out of their asses, some people just want to do it right the first time even if takes longer.

We also don't do it for the fame, we all been modding cars way before our forum join dates.

Last edited by jgc; 07-16-10 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-16-10, 04:56 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It seems that since you guys must make money off of selling real items for cars, that's fine if thats how you make a living,
actually, I owned a performance shop out in CA in the mid 90's (that's right...before the F&F craze), owned my own bodyshop here in Central TX painting hot rods for clients like Jesse James' Austin Speed Shop...so me a shop owner hater? nice comeback.

BTW, I'm not in a crew
Old 07-16-10, 05:00 PM
Dr.Fate
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jgc
I'm a simple guy. Classic Adidas and Pumas suit my needs. Jordans don't. Does this mean I should got and turn this over to someone who can turn a profit to make cheap knock offs? Nike wouldn't like that, the people who paid for the exclusivity of the shoes won't like that either. If something doesn't seem to do it for you be it price, looks, whatever, simply don't buy it and move the **** on. No need to try and rip off one company just so another can turn a profit, this is stealing regardless of how you see it. And surely don't come on here action like you're the SC messiah bringing people all these reduced priced parts, the other half who did buy the legit won't like it.
1. Did not come on here to be the sc messiah
2. ADIDAS before puma any day all day.
I feel that bootlegging shoes and stuff like is stupid and a Big no no. Parts that we can't get our hands on but we get really good copies of that part and that copied part just might be better than the original, hell yes! why not? if I had a s13 and got a copy of the aero bumper for a damn near 20 year old car would I still be wrong?
Old 07-16-10, 05:05 PM
Dr.Fate
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jgc
And keep our crew's name out of your post. RE has nothing to do with this. Kohinoors car is 4 years in the making and barely surfaced weeks ago, just like the other RE cars. Don't act like these cars came together over night and all we did was write a check. He didn't cheap out, he waitied patiently until he was able to do what he did and bring it together and clearly it was well worth it. He could have gone to shine out auto and had them make a Fertecks kit for him but he didn't it. No one here claims to throw money out of their asses, some people just want to do it right the first time even if takes longer.
Again none this would have been said had your "crew" member kept the negative comments to himself.
Old 07-16-10, 05:08 PM
Dr.Fate
Pole Position

Oh and as far as keep your crew out of my mouth, YOU must have ME mistaken for one of these kids on here that wear tight jeans dirty sweat shirts that walk around meets with white rim glasses.
Old 07-16-10, 05:20 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lmfao this thread is fail a big d#$( measuring competition im waitin for the yo mommas so fat jokes lol..... i might pick one of these lips up and to be honest who gives a **** if its copied.... im sorry at the end of the day if an sc looks good oh well it looks good hahaha fake or not he still gonna have people complimenting it i have a rep wise front lip rep vertex sides n rear like half of clublexus lol....i still get compliments all effin day!!! haha u think i give a crap its a copy...nope...cause it looks good an i like it....hope a mod closes this thread and lets the op start a new one....this whole stop the copy crap is unnecessary.....if ya wanna call my car a clone or a fake...whatever...lol...i still like it...i thought this forum was all about making **** easier for us...aka help with engine problems, suspension problems, oh hey i got the hook up on this, etc.....whatever....oh yeah and one last note.....im pretty sure shine is working on making replica vertex+25mm fenders....i wanna see how many people buy them i always see wtb thread in the classifieds....
Old 07-16-10, 05:21 PM
brainneede
Driver School Candidate

Oh and as far as keep your crew out of my mouth, YOU must have ME mistaken for one of these kids on here that wear tight jeans dirty sweat shirts that walk around meets with white rim glasses.
the way you're talking kind of makes you sound like a kid.

you know why people get upset you buy fake parts? because you ultimately end up hurting the community. originators charge what they charge because of r&d and time spent developing products, they have employees to pay and overhead to cover. whereas companies making replica's have no money invested in r&d and ultimately lower overhead. this means when all the legit companies go out of business, all we're stuck with is companies with no real experience at making original parts that work.

p.s. don't know why you would rock fake parts, it's like trying to attain status symbols without dishing the cash, i.e. fake lv, fake breitling, fake rolex. but it's your money i guess. i guess with the money you save buying shoddy knock offs you can keep buying it when it breaks and falls off.
Old 07-16-10, 05:24 PM
Dr.Fate
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scviolence
lmfao this thread is fail a big d#$( measuring competition im waitin for the yo mommas so fat jokes lol..... i might pick one of these lips up and to be honest who gives a **** if its copied.... im sorry at the end of the day if an sc looks good oh well it looks good hahaha fake or not he still gonna have people complimenting it i have a rep wise front lip rep vertex sides n rear like half of clublexus lol....i still get compliments all effin day!!! haha u think i give a crap its a copy...nope...cause it looks good an i like it....hope a mod closes this thread and lets the op start a new one....this whole stop the copy crap is unnecessary.....if ya wanna call my car a clone or a fake...whatever...lol...i still like it...i thought this forum was all about making **** easier for us...aka help with engine problems, suspension problems, oh hey i got the hook up on this, etc.....whatever....oh yeah and one last note.....im pretty sure shine is working on making replica vertex+25mm fenders....i wanna see how many people buy them i always see wtb thread in the classifieds....
I agree.........
Old 07-16-10, 05:30 PM
Dr.Fate
Pole Position

Originally Posted by brainneede
the way you're talking kind of makes you sound like a kid.

you know why people get upset you buy fake parts? because you ultimately end up hurting the community. originators charge what they charge because of r&d and time spent developing products, they have employees to pay and overhead to cover. whereas companies making replica's have no money invested in r&d and ultimately lower overhead. this means when all the legit companies go out of business, all we're stuck with is companies with no real experience at making original parts that work.

p.s. don't know why you would rock fake parts, it's like trying to attain status symbols without dishing the cash, i.e. fake lv, fake breitling, fake rolex. but it's your money i guess. i guess with the money you save buying shoddy knock offs you can keep buying it when it breaks and falls off.
Who wants to attain status with 10 year plus car?
Old 07-16-10, 05:34 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

I prefer real ****, but that's just me
Old 07-16-10, 05:34 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this is my fail car because i have rep body kit parts...lol

fake vertex sides
fake wise rep lip
fake vertex rear lip
fake non jdm window visors
fake non jdm rear roof spoiler lol....

Old 07-16-10, 05:37 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree...
Dr.Fate
Pole Position

Yea brother it looks real bad and all with sides, rear and front lip. Man you should have went out and spent 2500 dollars on a kit. That way you could get more respect from some of our fellow club members.....Good looking car brother keep up the good work!
brainneede
Driver School Candidate

i like how everything isn't painted. pretty indicative of the florida scene as a whole.
Old 07-16-10, 05:39 PM
Dr.Fate
Pole Position

Originally Posted by speedaddic
I agree...
SEE! That's the B.S. I'm talking about!

Quick Reply: Hey guys Something new at shineauto!