SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

V12 Swap, hopefully...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-10, 10:11 AM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Baraka
Okay, he doesn't have to lower the compression ratio. Just slap on a couple of turbos, each putting out 5-10 psi of boost with the stock 10.5:1 CR and enjoy the sweet symphony of detonation afterward! Well, at least for a few months until the cylinder head is laid to waste.

Lol. So boring out an engine lowers the compression huh? Awesome! And 7.5:1? Damn I better drop the compression of my supra FAST. Learn something new everyday.
Old 07-29-10, 10:22 AM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought EVERYONE knew you lower compression by boring. It has nothing to do with piston profile or chamber size
Old 07-29-10, 05:11 PM
lexgsj01
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, this kind of turned into a bashing thread. I have a headache from being smacked over the head by so many members. LOL. I'll just keep this one on Lextreme. I'll come back to CL with info and pics when everything is done.
Old 07-29-10, 05:54 PM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexgsj01
Wow, this kind of turned into a bashing thread. I have a headache from being smacked over the head by so many members. LOL. I'll just keep this one on Lextreme. I'll come back to CL with info and pics when everything is done.
Ahhhhh you suck!!! Get out of here with your V12 swaps! 2JZ will decimate all!!!!!!

But seriously, some of us would still like to watch it progress.
Old 07-29-10, 06:32 PM
2turbo4u
Lexus Test Driver

Another one of these thread... I just want you to think about this one thing? When it's all done and you get tired of it do you have any idea how hard it's gonna be to sell this thing? The more unique you car is it takes away possible buyers and you can't but you could part it out but who would wants the motor to put into what? Good luck!
Old 07-29-10, 06:38 PM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BartleDoo
Ahhhhh you suck!!! Get out of here with your V12 swaps! 2JZ will decimate all!!!!!!

But seriously, some of us would still like to watch it progress.
+1. Secretly I've always dreamed of dropping the mercedes biturbo v12 in my supra . I will send you the case of beer of your choice when this is complete. Good luck man
Old 07-29-10, 06:58 PM
JakeBreyck
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2turbo4u
you could part it out but who would wants the motor to put into what? Good luck!
If i saw this motor for sale at a resonable price I would get on it in a heartbeat.
I would figure out what to put it into later.
Old 07-29-10, 07:13 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am not bashing, I say go for it. We all figure out on our own what we want, and if it makes us happy we do it.

I have pursued some pretty strange projects myself over the years. Most of the time, people said they couldn't(or shouldn't) be done. Most of the time they were right, but it was more about the struggle to me than the outcome.

Some of us are just gluttons for punishment I think. Good luck with the project, and I will also go in on a case when its complete.
Old 07-31-10, 06:47 PM
lexgsj01
Driver

Originally Posted by stockhatch
I am not bashing, I say go for it. We all figure out on our own what we want, and if it makes us happy we do it.

I have pursued some pretty strange projects myself over the years. Most of the time, people said they couldn't(or shouldn't) be done. Most of the time they were right, but it was more about the struggle to me than the outcome.

Some of us are just gluttons for punishment I think. Good luck with the project, and I will also go in on a case when its complete.
Thanks. Thats all it is, a challenge for me to complete. I have a pretty good team, I think we can do it.
Old 07-31-10, 08:16 PM
STRTORPTR
Driver

Yes it will be expensive, it will be a headache, and it won't be all that fast...BUT! An SC with a 1GZ will be unique and if you do a clean job, expect to be in tons of magazines.
Old 08-01-10, 09:34 AM
topdog849
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i say spend half a year taking welding, fabrication and machining classes like me and then build everything ; intake mani, exhaust mani, mounts, cage, ect yourself. i take more pride in my car knowing i did everything myself. if you get it working straight you would make cocky mk4 supra owners jealous. i say go for quad compounded turbos!
Old 08-03-10, 01:17 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

igf your honestly going to do it then go all out, quad turbos, and 6spd. with a tilton clutch use 2jz pistons with custom connecting rods, making it a 6L v12 it will be a "4jz" i mean it will have the smoothest power band ever and if you fail, ill do it cause i was about to get a 1gzfe but i ended up not doing it cause i was just done with my engine. and didnt have time. but if you fail.. oh man i will open this can up and i will sit and eat it myself! i will post nothing untill its done and make people CRAP. fail and see what happens. lol
i will go the extra step, or steps! ill start with a 2gzfe (its a 5.2l) and quad turbos.. LOLOL
Old 08-03-10, 09:24 AM
lexgsj01
Driver

Originally Posted by Cleanshots
igf your honestly going to do it then go all out, quad turbos, and 6spd. with a tilton clutch use 2jz pistons with custom connecting rods, making it a 6L v12 it will be a "4jz" i mean it will have the smoothest power band ever and if you fail, ill do it cause i was about to get a 1gzfe but i ended up not doing it cause i was just done with my engine. and didnt have time. but if you fail.. oh man i will open this can up and i will sit and eat it myself! i will post nothing untill its done and make people CRAP. fail and see what happens. lol
i will go the extra step, or steps! ill start with a 2gzfe (its a 5.2l) and quad turbos.. LOLOL
Now that would be a real engine. I'm going to be posting progress on lextreme but i'll bring the finished product to CL.
Old 08-03-10, 03:08 PM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Ahhh we don't get to watch it happen over here?
Old 09-09-10, 11:01 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by topdog849
i say spend half a year taking welding, fabrication and machining classes like me and then build everything ; intake mani, exhaust mani, mounts, cage, ect yourself. i take more pride in my car knowing i did everything myself. if you get it working straight you would make cocky mk4 supra owners jealous. i say go for quad compounded turbos!

Half a year only? cool. Would you mind if I PM you for more info on classes?

OP... get it done! get some sponsors.

orgasm

Last edited by sam430; 09-09-10 at 11:30 PM.

Quick Reply: V12 Swap, hopefully...