SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

When doing 80mph...

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-10, 11:06 AM
dublup
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed the same in my 400 in the last couple months. I just replaced the trans. mount Sunday with a new one. No longer feeln the lag, bet thats y!
Old 08-03-10, 11:38 AM
DirtDiggz
Rookie

Originally Posted by good2go
First of all, I'm still going on the assumption that it is the tranny because you indicated that, at speed: it rolls much more freely when you shifted into neutral, and that it slows too severely (like it's in too low a gear) the instant you back off the gas (ie. the engine is overly laboring for the given speed and rpm's are too high). SO look for simple stuff first like tranny fluid level.

After that, I'm not entirely sure what next, there's a list of things related to tranny shifting. I'd do some more searching here; there's tons on info on tranny problems. Here's a couple threads that list possible points of failure for tranny shifting.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...s-problem.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...overdrive.html

G/L
Thanks I will check that asap!

Originally Posted by dublup
I noticed the same in my 400 in the last couple months. I just replaced the trans. mount Sunday with a new one. No longer feeln the lag, bet thats y!
Where'd you get the mount and how much was it?
This could be the problem as well becuase I feel shaking in the shifter at high speeds, i was going to change all my bushings to see if that corrected the shaking, but i heard that could be caused by the engine/ tranny mounts! Thanks for you help
Old 08-03-10, 04:07 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

When you are going fast enough for your car to always be in 4th gear regardless of cruising or accelerating (past the point of it wanting to down shift to 3rd), there is no higher gear for the computer to utilize in cruising and deceleration, therefore your perceived "deceleration" at that moment in time is proportional to the rpm's you are running in your highest gear.
so the higher the rpms you are in 4th when you let off, the faster you will decelerate initially. I really hope that made sense.
Old 08-20-10, 08:02 AM
DirtDiggz
Rookie

Originally Posted by dublup
I replaced mine last night and Bingo, no more stall feeling after letting off the gas!! Thanks
Old 08-20-10, 08:56 AM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DirtDiggz
I replaced mine last night and Bingo, no more stall feeling after letting off the gas!! Thanks
A tranny mount was causing it??

Was the old one so shot that the driveline was in a bind or something?? That still wouldn't explain the improvement you reported when shifting to neutral

anyway, glad you got it fixed.
Old 08-20-10, 10:11 AM
DirtDiggz
Rookie

Originally Posted by good2go
A tranny mount was causing it??

Was the old one so shot that the driveline was in a bind or something?? That still wouldn't explain the improvement you reported when shifting to neutral

anyway, glad you got it fixed.
the old one was falling apart as I took it off, I had the jack holding the tran while I took the old one off, when I put the new one on it was like 5 feet (J/K) from the original spot so there was a lot of rubber missing from the old one!