SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

from stock to this.....still a lot to do. (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-10 | 03:01 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

I like the whole blacked out look, just not a fan of huge wings at all.. I say if a car needs a wing that big on the track it shouldn't be a street car.

i think tinting the windows will help complete the blacked out look as well..

black with black interior though you can't lose.
Old 08-04-10 | 05:11 AM
assass1n
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
Get a lip kit or a full kit, something aggressive, some spacers, and dump it on the ground. Next throw some boost in her and go get it sideways. Should prove for some great photos. I approve.
already have spacers. just havent put it on. with the spacers on i would be running 17x9 -1 front and 17x9 -6 rear. boost is scheduled for next year along with a 5 speed swap.

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Not digging the wing nor the yellow front corner lights. Other than that its not bad looking at all. Just not my style. Too much darkness.
its not corner lights. mine are foglights.

Originally Posted by Jacj3
I haven't really technically seen any "hater" comments.

But, if you are gonna track the thing ok but for drag that wing isn't gonna do anything to help. Myself like some other are not a fan of the endcaps on the wing and I think if the car had some kinda kit that was tasteful on it the rest would flow better. I think you are gonna head in the right direction just need to take care of some odds and ends with the rest of the car.
im stuck with the endcaps. tried to take them off before but i think the screw is stripped in the inside.

Originally Posted by saurah
You forgot to murder out your fog lights, bro.

I really hate the blacked out look. I especially hate black taillights. I almost rear ended someone because I couldn't tell they were braking, I really think they are a hazard.

If it fits your tastes though, carry on.
i made sure people could clearly see my lights. mine are still pretty bright. ill take a night time pic and video to show you. i had the taillights on when i was blacking them out so i can be sure that you can still see through it perfectly fine.

Originally Posted by LEXXIUM
The car looks good man, with your setup I wouldn't get the kit, I would upgrade the end caps on the wing, and install a nice lip that comes out from under the front bumper in black of course. It will look complete
That would look dope
the kit im getting isnt anything too aggressive. just a basic lip kit.

Originally Posted by good2go
WOW, your local LEOs must be awfully forgiving. That car would get nailed so fast here in Cali
they're pretty ok here. as long as you dont drive like an idiot they dont care. plus they run your plates before pulling you over. i got pulled over a lot in the gtr the first year i had it. after that i think they put a note on my file that im pretty harmless. in fact im one of the most polite people you'll see when talking to a cop. so they tend to let me be. my gtr even popped a fireball right as i was passing by a cop. he didnt mind me and just kept driving.

Originally Posted by Cleanshots
pics of the illest emblem please. and get a CF wing if anything dude.. that one is ugly.
that wing is cf. weighs just around 12 lbs with the brackets. ill try to get close up pics of the illest emblem.
Old 08-04-10 | 06:08 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Your wheels remind me of an older mustang, and the wing reminds me of a Civic

Not my style at all, but it's not my car so it doesn't matter what I think

Jonny
Old 08-04-10 | 06:09 AM
fuel4blood
Driver

Like it minus the wing
Old 08-04-10 | 06:36 AM
thrysiss
Rookie

Couldnt agree more check out my car just out the shop
Old 08-04-10 | 06:59 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Not a fan of the wing, I would wait until the car is ready to actually hit track before I put it on and rock it at the track only.
Old 08-04-10 | 07:14 AM
assass1n
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cherplex
Not a fan of the wing, I would wait until the car is ready to actually hit track before I put it on and rock it at the track only.
that would mean i would either have a hole in my trunk when im not at the track or id have brackets sticking out and look like some stole my wing. i really appreciate all the input from everyone as the bashing has been kept to a minimum. i wouldnt even call it bashing. lol. i really love the wing and got it for pretty much nothing.
Old 08-04-10 | 08:07 AM
SC400-PHAE
Pole Position

the wing is....? but black on black interior
Old 08-04-10 | 08:12 AM
tuterz
Racer

if you want to pull off that wing.. you need a body kit..
Old 08-05-10 | 06:00 AM
assass1n
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tuterz
if you want to pull off that wing.. you need a body kit..
already ordering a kit for from raceonusa. just waiting for my buddy to get pricing from his contact at raceonusa.
Old 08-05-10 | 12:58 PM
pieisgude
Lexus Test Driver

I think it'd look great without a full kit, maybe just a very aggressive front bumper, like the Vertex front with the canards, they'd help pull off the look with your large wing. And i love Super Advans, if those were 19s or at least 18s, it'd look sweet.
Old 08-05-10 | 01:40 PM
phamln
Driver

The car is sick besides the wing IMHO.
Old 08-05-10 | 02:33 PM
assass1n
Pole Position

i really appreciate all the honest opinions in this thread. its safe to say majority of the people here dont like the wing. i do have a use for the wing though as i will be tracking the car a lot pretty soon. given my suspension setup and adding a lsd soon i dont want to loose traction when i dont want to.
Old 08-05-10 | 03:51 PM
ArodDaLob
Lexus Test Driver

i'm not sure "i'm gona be drifting it eventually" is a valid justification for that wing. if you think it looks cool, just say it.
the car as a whole isn't my style, never really caught on to the murdered out look.
Old 08-05-10 | 04:05 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Personally I love it. Nice image you got going.

Quick Reply: from stock to this.....still a lot to do. (pics)