Exthultu
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in the Dallas area btw.
Old 08-15-10, 11:35 AM
Exthultu
Pole Position

And is it possiblle to dye my grey carpet to black? What witchcraft do I need for that?
Old 08-15-10, 01:32 PM
ultimate
Rookie

If your looking for a gloss color instead of a flat color:

1. Wash it down good
2. Sand it to rough it up
3. Use plastic primer and spray a good coat over it
4. Then use Gloss Paint and do a few good coats of that
5. Then use Clear Coat to give that extra shine

And if you have extra money, get a paint pump and work with that instead, the results are way better then stupid spray paint.
Old 08-15-10, 06:36 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MIGS
Funny thing is, i found that meet purely by accident.

I just went to Lollicup to get a slush....and then all of a sudden i see all these dope cars. I was like WTF?! OH HELLZ YEAH! so i stuck a round for a while to see the goods.

and about the UCF meet.. i wasen't even aware of it.

Maybe i'll come through when my car gets repainted and is somewhat presentable. Cause right now my SC is looking cuh-razy with mismatched wheels and needing some TLC.

PM me some more info about the meet/time and stay in touch cause i dont know any other SC owners in the orlando area..
Well to be honest I did not know about that meet until I went to the Lexus/Supra BBQ earlier that day and they told me we were going to head over there after our thing.

Sounds good brotha I will try and remember to PM you when we have our next meet not this coming wednesday but the following one. You know us SC guys have to stick together now

Oh and don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you need help with things on your SC. I can take apart pretty much the entire interior in less than an hour and I do detailing (interior/exterior) so I can help you out whenever our schedules allow us to

Originally Posted by Exthultu
SEM its is, it is possible to paint the door panels and the ugly grey window trim correct?
Yes....you can paint pretty much the entire interior with SEM if you wanted to.

Originally Posted by Exthultu
And is it possiblle to dye my grey carpet to black? What witchcraft do I need for that?
You could use SEM to dye the carpet black but most people use RITZ dye for that. You can find it at Wal-Mart or any other store such as that. You will have to take your carpet and put it in the largest plastic garbage bag you can find (the ones with a lid you can take off and on), pour RITZ dye as well as some water and leave the carpet their for as long as you can (preferably a weak). That way when you take it out you can take a hose to it and wash off the excess dye and it should stay black.
Old 08-15-10, 06:39 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I am going to try the rit dye tomorrow just on the floor mats. I am overall very happy with the SEM paint on the carpet, but its not holding up very well on the drivers carpet floor mat.
Old 08-15-10, 07:04 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
I am going to try the rit dye tomorrow just on the floor mats. I am overall very happy with the SEM paint on the carpet, but its not holding up very well on the drivers carpet floor mat.
Sweet! Give it a try and if you have any questions PM redphoenix since he is the one that went this route and since we see each other often I have personally seen it and this is what he told me he did.
Old 08-15-10, 07:13 PM
Sc4Jr24
Driver

Thanks for the pics love ur interior. i'm definitely doin this. just dont know what color.
Old 08-15-10, 07:20 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by junior24
Thanks for the pics love ur interior. i'm definitely doin this. just dont know what color.
Not a problem Where about in FL are you located? If your in Orlando I could show you my ride in person sometime and help out if need be.
Old 08-16-10, 01:45 AM
Exthultu
Pole Position

Okay, I know there is rustoleum vinyl paint, but does it hold up to SEM? What would be the xact step by step directions to see this project perfectly from begining to end? How many cans will I need? What to prep the surface with? What angle to paint? How many light coats? I wanna do this right if you know what I mean. I might try the carpet dye thing as well. The carpet will fit in the sealed trash can thing? Its that flexible? Thanks for all the support so far you guys. I will post up picks of the process and the results.
Old 08-17-10, 09:09 AM
philllyj
Rookie

See my post, plenty of pictures & good info on how I went about doing my entire redo.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...n-of-pics.html

Okay, I know there is rustoleum vinyl paint, but does it hold up to SEM? In my experience, nothing is better than SEM paints. Nothing! It's that good.

What would be the exact step by step directions to see this project perfectly from beginning to end? Remove the parts you plan to do. Then it’s all in the prep work. I washed my seats, wood grain and vinyl parts down with a good cleaner then rubbed denatured alcohol all over, it dries quickly. 20 mins later started spraying using a $1 spray gun adaptor. You’ll get even coverage & no sore fingers.

How many cans will I need? For entire parts I only used two cans.

What to prep the surface with? Cleaner & Denatured alcohol, I didn't purchase any adhesion promoter, but it can only help if you want to use it.

What angle to paint? Use the gun adaptor for even coverage. How many light coats? I did 3 full coats on each piece.
Old 08-18-10, 02:31 AM
Exthultu
Pole Position

Smile great info

Just one question. Where can I get that spray gun adapter thingy?
Old 08-18-10, 03:27 AM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

PRS22's interior is gorgeous, looks like I'm going to SEM my black interior in the future to make it look nicer
Old 08-18-10, 12:44 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by vietunit
PRS22's interior is gorgeous, looks like I'm going to SEM my black interior in the future to make it look nicer
Thanks for the compliment vietunit Believe me when you use the SEM product you will thoroughly enjoy the finish
Old 08-18-10, 11:49 PM
Exthultu
Pole Position

Default ...

SEM FTW!
Old 08-26-10, 08:18 PM
Meanshyguy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
Thanks for the compliment vietunit Believe me when you use the SEM product you will thoroughly enjoy the finish
Your interior is just gorgeous, I never thought about doing this, now I can't get it out of my head.

Quick Reply: Dash and Console Paint