SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Totalled my project sc400 today!!! 6000$ damage.. I have the worst luck in the world.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-10, 08:04 PM
snowfox444
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Totalled my project sc400 today!!! 6000$ damage.. I have the worst luck in the world.

I was on my way to work today doing the speed limit.. all the sudden this GMC Sierra slams on thier brakes and I slammed on mine. slid into their tow hitch at 40 MPH... That ****ing tow hitch took out my two high beams, cracked the bumper IN HALF, caused an inch crack in the corner of the windshield pierced my radiator causing the car to bleed to death, ****ed up the stabilizer bar, air conditioning unit is ****ed.. AND on top of it all, my insurance ran out for the 6 month period 3 days ago!!!! the damn truct didnt get any damages thank GOD!!! the state trooper was nice and the two 26 year old guys in the truck were cool and more concerned with my saftey than the damages that could have occured to thier truck.(had I been a guy or a ugly chick, id been punched in the face and ticketed/sued) I wish I was injured. Id have taken 2 broken legs and broken arms over any damages to my car any day! I will heal in time and it wont cost much. But a car doesnt heal itself!!!

since it happened about 30 feet away from a collision center (the same place i took it to last week for an estimate when that stoned hippy kid backed into me) I had them assess it right then and there. I got paid $200 for my paycheck today but the tow was 50$ hook up fee even with Triple A, just for a few feet of towing! I have 10$ to my name until next thursday which is pay day.. and some stupid debt collector authorized a payment to my account this week i had made for next week using my credit card... so now im ****ed cuz all my money is on hold and all i got lft is like 10$

BUT just because thier computer assessed the damages at $6000 damage for the front and $2300 for the rear, doesnt mean its gonna cost that much SO I am going to FIX IT!!! So Im gonna need a ton of front end parts including a hood i dont need the lights i ordered some off of ebay previously lol

If i buy a body kit, will that replace the whole front and rear bumper since i was planning on doing so anyway?

Please PM me if you have any parts you want to sell cheaper to me because I really would hate walking 3 hours to work and 3 hours back.. and before this car i was without one for 2 years.

Parts the collision center said I needed are:
front upper support, impact bar, bumper cover, absorber, liscence plate bracket (not worried about), upper support/retainer, center, Outter support/clip/lower retainer, radiator, upper tie bar,
Radiator assy (whatever that is), Condenser, hood, right fender

They estimated $3794 for OEM parts alone.

Ill post pics when I get them online in a few minutes.

Last edited by snowfox444; 08-26-10 at 08:38 PM. Reason: pics
Old 08-26-10, 08:44 PM
DKJZZ30
Lead Lap

ouch that sucks. i guess just be happy you can fix it and you dont have to pay to fix the truck too.
Old 08-26-10, 08:52 PM
attzor
Lead Lap

How can you say you have the worst luck in the world, you had no insurance and walked away with no ticket and no damages to pay for on the truck. I'd say you're very lucky.
Old 08-26-10, 08:55 PM
snowfox444
Driver

cuz i just got rear ended like a week or 2 ago and the chick caused 2300$ in damages and just got a ticket last week for "peeling out" when it was the fresh rubber from brand new tires chirping a little around the corne and I didnt even leave any marks just a rookie being a dink.... and i get paid 7.75 /hr
Old 08-26-10, 08:56 PM
snowfox444
Driver

I need parts.. or a parts car though. 147,000 miles on my car
Old 08-26-10, 08:58 PM
tinman
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh ouch. Sorry this happened to you. I guess that's the trouble with driving around our SCs, if we get hit/hit something it's totaled cuz the cars don't cost much, at least to the insurance companies. The "radiator assy" is the radiator support assembly. It might be cheaper to find an SC in a junk yard and swap everything. Of course, the SCs are a rare breed, kinda hard to find sometimes. Maybe this would be a good time to upgrade to the 1997+ front end, if you are so inclined.
Old 08-26-10, 09:03 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

word of advice, don't worry about a bodykit if you have no money.
Old 08-26-10, 09:09 PM
snowfox444
Driver

well the body kit is way cheaper than replacing the front and rear bumper covers $450 shipped for the kit (500$ each for the bumper covers from the dealership)

I've only seen 3 other sc300/400 in my area in the whole 10 years I been here and it all has been in the past 8 months of me owning this car. No junk yard has anything even close to my car. not even in 100 mile radius. I'd even buy a parts car out from Massachusetts, NH or something not too too far since delivering a whole car can get pricey. I have a bf who likes to give me money so I am assuming he's going to fix this beast up since I had asked earlier if i would be better off junking or fixing it and he told me not to junk it... just hope he's ready to give me 8 grand to fix everything lol. he has a 250k annual income, i have a 25K annual income LMAO!
Old 08-26-10, 09:12 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Ok I'm confused now...Why the heck are you buying all parts from the dealer. Contact gazi or one of the other part out peeps. I believe they are located in the North East.
Old 08-26-10, 09:12 PM
texan_176
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

pick up a junker SC....check CL

Here might be one worth calling on:
http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/1901785163.html

You'd be best off transfering parts from a donor car so you know where what goes and how structure should look.

From the photos it looks repairable to me; as long as you get a pro to check the upper frame in the nose.
Old 08-26-10, 09:24 PM
snowfox444
Driver

no no no. im not going to buy from dealer, but theres only one lexus dealer in the whole state and no where else physically here to buy parts from. SO, thats why I'm asking on here if anyone knows where to get parts that aren't dealership ridiculous.
Old 08-26-10, 09:39 PM
sliva001
Lead Lap

Check your local junk yard / pick and pull parts and replace the damaged parts. You'll spend less than $500.
Old 08-26-10, 09:56 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by snowfox444
no no no. im not going to buy from dealer, but theres only one lexus dealer in the whole state and no where else physically here to buy parts from. SO, thats why I'm asking on here if anyone knows where to get parts that aren't dealership ridiculous.
Highyl recommend contacting Aliga or one of the other part out people. You can find them in the classifieds section. Should be cheap on shipping too. If you didn't have a boyfriend, I'm sure you would have help putting the car back together lol However, since your taken..probably won't get much labor help from the SC community haaha
Old 08-26-10, 10:16 PM
-Samurai-
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear good luck on the rebuild though!
Old 08-26-10, 11:00 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snowfox444
well the body kit is way cheaper than replacing the front and rear bumper covers ...
Body kits that cost less than 1k is not going to fit right, you'll need a good body man to make everything work right. In the end you'll easily spend two to three times more money getting things to fit correctly.

Quick Reply: Totalled my project sc400 today!!! 6000$ damage.. I have the worst luck in the world.