Search this Thread

Old 09-01-10, 01:20 AM
tjfrom215
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In Dash?

Hey guys,
I have seen pictures of really nice and flush in dash
dvd/cd players on here, what ones are available to me?
I can barely use the internet now, I would just search,
but the time for me to do it is rare haha.

But im really looking for a good one,
I went to best buy and the people there
flat out said none will work and itll ruin my sound
and power in the car, but I know I have seen it done
on here,

thanks everyone
Old 09-01-10, 05:28 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 431 Likes on 355 Posts
Smile

If you are looking for a good in dash stereo, assuming you want a screen, I would go with this:http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-P4...3343764&sr=8-1. I have it in my SC and it looks great with the dash kit. The dash kit's color is a little off but it is flush with everything else.

Here is a link to the dash kit:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product.

Here a link to the wiring harness:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product.

Let me know if you need some pics of my setup. This radio sounds way better than the stock radio.
Old 09-01-10, 02:42 PM
tjfrom215
Rookie

Thanks so much!
I would love some pics!!!

Thats all I need to hook it up?
If so im definately going to buy it asap.
Any tips for the instal? thanks again!
Old 09-01-10, 03:02 PM
sc4demon
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kira X
If you are looking for a good in dash stereo, assuming you want a screen, I would go with this:http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-P4...3343764&sr=8-1. I have it in my SC and it looks great with the dash kit. The dash kit's color is a little off but it is flush with everything else.

Here is a link to the dash kit:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product.

Here a link to the wiring harness:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product.

Let me know if you need some pics of my setup. This radio sounds way better than the stock radio.
that radio looks nice right now i have a jvc double din headunit but i dont like it...do you think this pioneer headunit will fit in the sc?
Old 09-01-10, 03:49 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by tjfrom215
Thanks so much!
I would love some pics!!!

Thats all I need to hook it up?
If so im definately going to buy it asap.
Any tips for the instal? thanks again!
You're welcome! I'll post some pics in my next post.

Originally Posted by sc4demon
that radio looks nice right now i have a jvc double din headunit but i dont like it...do you think this pioneer headunit will fit in the sc?
It should fit perfectly. The links I posted have all of the stuff I put in my SC and I ordered everything from Amazon.com as well. The headunit is awesome. I like it better than the Alpine's and JVC's. I haven't seen Kenwood's newest double DIN headunits yet, but this is the best in it's class in my opinion.
Old 09-01-10, 03:52 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Here is a pic of how it looks. I'll get some more shots later tonight, as I had thought I had taken more pics of my Pioneer setup.
Attached Thumbnails In Dash?-100_1255.jpg  
Old 09-01-10, 03:57 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DANG! Kirax...those are the links that I've been wanting forever lol What cd player does it run off? the stock one?
Old 09-01-10, 04:08 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by ashtray
DANG! Kirax...those are the links that I've been wanting forever lol What cd player does it run off? the stock one?
Yeah, Amazon has crazy deals on stuff like this plus no tax. When I bought my headunit from them, I got it for $405 a MONTH after Pioneer released them and my friend got one a week before that for $400 for his Mercedes. It has it's own CD player built in, as well as a DVD. The button on the far right side makes the screen flip out to reveal a compartment for the CD/DVD drive, the SD card slot and auto-EQ microphone. It's really cool how it all works. It won't hook up to the SC's stock CD player to my knowledge, but I think there are some stock Lexus Pioneer CD changers that work on aftermarket headunits.
Old 09-01-10, 04:20 PM
sc4demon
Lexus Test Driver

does it have navigation? i was looking at it on the pioneer and it said it needs some kind of adapter that costs like 300...is this true??
Old 09-01-10, 05:03 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Pioneer f700bt

LOVE it.

Last edited by TroySC300; 09-01-10 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-01-10, 05:04 PM
snakehead
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice unit, Does it play DVDs while driving? Did you hook it up to stock speakers?
Old 09-01-10, 06:06 PM
snakehead
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It looks like Ebay has these units for $395 free shipping
Old 09-01-10, 06:30 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by sc4demon
does it have navigation? i was looking at it on the pioneer and it said it needs some kind of adapter that costs like 300...is this true??
It does have navigation but you need an adapter. I have no idea how much it costs. I just print out maps from google so I never thought to check the price.

Originally Posted by TroySC300
Pioneer f700bt

LOVE it.

Those are really nice headunits if you're looking for navigation with your radio. How do you like yours?

Originally Posted by snakehead
Nice unit, Does it play DVDs while driving? Did you hook it up to stock speakers?
Mine plays DVD's and movies while I drive because I had the shop bypass the parking brake. You can get a MASSIVE ticket if you ever get busted. It's hooked up to the factory speakers and a single 12 inch Rockford subwoofer. It sounds awesome with the stock speakers and it's even better with a movie with surround sound.

Originally Posted by snakehead
It looks like Ebay has these units for $395 free shipping
Only buy it from an authorized retailer. I had a problem with mine where the volume buttons quit working. Pioneer won't help you if it's not purchased at an authorized retailer. I bought a remote from a local shop and the volume button has been fine since then. For $395 though, I might go for it because these units won't be that cheap for another two years going by the pattern of the previous two models.
Old 09-27-10, 09:25 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Wanted to bump this up see if anyone has any other pics or video of their set ups. BUMP!

@ KiraX ever get those night time shots?
Old 09-27-10, 11:02 PM
ClearP
Lead Lap

I'm aiming to buy the JVC ones that has face detachment option on double din. There's been too many broken windows in this town lately.

Quick Reply: In Dash?