Old 09-01-10 | 09:33 AM
kwg
Lead Lap

Seems like a lot of these types of threads are popping out lately
Old 09-01-10 | 09:33 AM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DirtDiggz
Am I correct in this? You turbo a manual, but supercharge an auto?
Originally Posted by DirtDiggz
Thanks, what's the facepalm for? Becuase I don't know as much about cars as you and was asking a question? Wow....ok
Ok, I guess I'm feeling charitable today for some reason.

The answer to your question is NO, that is not correct. Generically speaking, you can can use a turbo or a supercharger with either an automatic or a manual transmission.

Tip: Read up a bit before you post next time if you want to avoid getting the type of response this thread has gotten.
Old 09-01-10 | 10:27 AM
DirtDiggz
Rookie

Originally Posted by good2go
Ok, I guess I'm feeling charitable today for some reason.

The answer to your question is NO, that is not correct. Generically speaking, you can can use a turbo or a supercharger with either an automatic or a manual transmission.

Tip: Read up a bit before you post next time if you want to avoid getting the type of response this thread has gotten.
I did read up, through a lot of pages too! Most of the time CL members talk as if you know what they are talking about correct? Listen I've never been a modder of a DIY type of person, i always bout new so if something broke I would take it and let someone else fix it. After I bought this car and became a member on CL my eyes were opened to what is possible with upgrading cars overall, like I said I was blind, but now I see!!
Old 09-01-10 | 10:53 AM
MrBrock
Driver

If you really want to know about turbocharging and supercharging, buy these two books by Corky Bell. Tons of great info

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&rh=n...%20Bell&page=1
Old 09-01-10 | 12:01 PM
attzor
Lead Lap

I was under the impression that you add forced induction to the engine not the transmission. I learned something new today.
Old 09-01-10 | 12:06 PM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
"You know what? This will decimate all... after we put about fifteen grand or more under the hood. If we have to, overnight some parts from Japan"

In the 2jz world, you turbo charge everything, sometimes twice. really i'm not kidding.
Best answer so far.

To the OP. Head to your local Barnes and Nobles, preferably the one on Rockville, since my buddies and I started that crap years ago, and go grab yourself a couple of books on forced induction, fuel systems, and automotive tuning, and general automotive mechanics. It will help you out in the long run. SupraForums and ClubLexus and read read read.
Old 09-01-10 | 12:09 PM
Is300Tree2
Pole Position

Diggz if you want to learn somethings hitme with a pm. Im in your area.
Old 09-01-10 | 12:58 PM
lfrers
Racer

Originally Posted by kwg
Seems like a lot of these types of threads are popping out lately
I have noticed an awful lot of "Noob-tard" questions popping up too. A lot of stupid questions that the person asking could have gotten sooo much info back from a basic search.

Go ahead and flame the hell out of them. Or just say search. Either way they kind of deserve it. Anyway there is a sticky that says to search.

So don't feel bad for them.
Old 09-01-10 | 01:00 PM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by turbodremz
no, the best performance adder is a as follows:

O/C/H2N/NH2

Combine those simple compounds to gasoline with a little No2 through the fuel system.

And to the oil add the following:

Na2CO3+Sio2>Na2SiO3+Co2

Add that to oil, wit the above and turbo's and superchargers are a thing of the past.

Agreed!! Cash for clunker than thing!!

But seriously, I thought you had to electric supercharge an auto and electric turbocharge a manual?
Old 09-01-10 | 01:22 PM
PR0PH37
Rookie

I searched the questions and didn't find the answers within these forums. Dizzy, for the most part you have to ignore some of the replys. Someone is always going to be a smarta$$. What bothers me is that I'm a "noob-tard" when it comes to SCs and I would hate to be made fun of by asking a simple question. Normally I do my research but please be gentle with the responses. Make fun all you want but at least answer the question.

Just in case - I knew the answer to that. Dizzy, wikipedia can answer your general question.
Old 09-01-10 | 01:33 PM
AlwaysDTF
Driver

dude. leave it as it is and get jeff gordan to tune that ****. thats what I would do. (:
Old 09-01-10 | 01:38 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

http://www.howstuffworks.com/turbo.htm
http://www.howstuffworks.com/supercharger.htm
Old 09-01-10 | 01:42 PM
BenStoked
Lead Lap
CL Folding 1M

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
"You know what? This will decimate all... after we put about fifteen grand or more under the hood. If we have to, overnight some parts from Japan"

In the 2jz world, you turbo charge everything, sometimes twice. really i'm not kidding.
lol.
I watched that **** the other day (was on tv, and nothing else was on; no money to play with the car, either). notice it was NA? (and he was SURPRISED to see a 2jz...)
Old 09-01-10 | 02:05 PM
SC400-PHAE
Pole Position

do some of you have electric turbos?
Old 09-01-10 | 02:11 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Whats an electric turbo...

Quick Reply: SO you turbo......