SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

ugh decisions decisions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-10, 09:24 AM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ugh decisions decisions...

soooo.... so i have a decision to make and i figured id ask you guys n gals opinions.... i have a 95 sc300, bout 155k, automatic, needs rear bushings replaced..but other than that...everything else has been replaced belts, gaskets, plug, filter, shocks, u name it its been done...front seats need to be redone... anyways my father gave me a 2006 mustang gt 5 speed with 20000 on the clock...torch red w/whites stripes all the bells n whistles the catch is i can either sell it (maybe 20k) and split the cash with my brother...or keep it and sell my sc and give whatever money i get from it to my brother so we both get something....what would u do...i love my sc but damn i drove the mustang all weekend....and lemme tell u i got just as many compliments as i do with the sc and that thing is wayyyyy more fun to drive lol.... lol

Last edited by scviolence; 09-02-10 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-02-10, 09:33 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

blah...sell the mustang, split the money with your brother, fix the bushings on your SC, order some Supra seats, and a 1JZ swap with an R154...then tell us which is more fun to drive..just MHO.
Old 09-02-10, 09:38 AM
VKBSC3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turbodremz, you suck! I had basically that exact response in the quick reply slot and hit post reply instead of post quick reply and lost it.

Anyway, obviously +1 to Turbodremz's response...the SC is timeless.
Old 09-02-10, 09:41 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VKBSC3
Turbodremz, you suck! I had basically that exact response in the quick reply slot and hit post reply instead of post quick reply and lost it.

Anyway, obviously +1 to Turbodremz's response...the SC is timeless.
cant help it. Im on here so much, posting quick responses is just second nature. But Im glad Im not alone on this one.

Yeah Mustangs sound cool, but wouldnt you feel silly if you kept the Mustang and got beat by a 1JZ SC300? I know I would, and would probably drive off a bridge afterward..not to mention the gas mileage on them just makes me vomit.
Old 09-02-10, 09:44 AM
DKJZZ30
Lead Lap

what turbodremz said. a 1j and 5 speed is a blast to drive
Old 09-02-10, 10:10 AM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

I guess I'm the only one that differs here lol....SELL THE MUSTANG AND BUY A CORVETTE ZO6! It will be a 2001-2003 model. 04's go for a little more. Then sell your SC. I love the SC either keep the mustang or sell it and buy something else you really want.

On a side note..I want to keep my SC for a very long time but the reliabilty of a newer car can't be beat. Maintenance cost on an SC that has been PROPERLY maintained is high. By properly I mean leaking stuff is taken care of and rubber stuff has been changed.
Old 09-02-10, 01:53 PM
okbobbo
Pole Position

Default Tough choice...

I rode in my friends '06 Mustang with twin screw supercharger and nitrous that put out 560 rwhp and was wild, very wild, scary wild! But, was it luxurious - no! You have a tough choice.
Old 09-02-10, 02:01 PM
tjfrom215
Rookie

I see a mustang every time I look out the window,
Maybe when I was 5 I got excited about it, but seeing
a sc300 or 400 on the street actually makes me happy.
Its such a better car to look at, and imo much more rare.
Sell the stang and put that money to the lexus. itll be sick
Old 09-02-10, 02:26 PM
kanderson
Driver

Nothing beats the way the SC looks especially when tastefully done......more horsepower is tempting to keep the Mustang, but the SC is still more rare to drive than the Mustang.
Old 09-02-10, 03:46 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

I'd keep the SC over the Mustang as well, as tempting as it would be. I'm a big fan of the 05-09 Mustangs, but they are EVERYWHERE and half of the people that drive them irritate me to no end. If there is a way for you to keep both, I'd go for that. Those Mustangs don't take much to get them looking nice, but the SC is an awesome car to have if your maintenance is all done.
Old 09-02-10, 03:50 PM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

Since this is a SC forum, you know what the answers should look like.

I'd personally sell it and split with your bro and boost the SC.

Your bro gets money, you get boost and we have 2 happy campers.
Old 09-02-10, 04:25 PM
kwg
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by turbodremz
blah...sell the mustang, split the money with your brother, fix the bushings on your SC, order some Supra seats, and a 1JZ swap with an R154...then tell us which is more fun to drive..just MHO.
My thoughts exactly. Only mustang I'd ever consider having is the classic shelby gt500
Old 09-02-10, 04:33 PM
imDementeD
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

id almost do what they said..id just boost the 2jz thats in it and add a 5spd swap..
it'd be cheaper plus you know the motor is reliable with new gaskets/belts etc..
just change HG and get some arp headbolts and get a nice turbo kit setup with and ems will be more fun then a 1jz where the stock twins will eventually go..u wont know the condition of the swap til you get it ...just what id do :P
Old 09-02-10, 06:59 PM
PR0PH37
Rookie

Do what you want...but the SC has so much for it. Luxury and sport, unique(you might see 10,000 mustangs before you see an SC literally), the 1JZ swap is a reality with the money and reliability all put together. To me there is no doubt. A new car really feel good but I think you will regret it. Shoot save some money and keep the 2JZ and turbo it. Trust us.
Old 09-02-10, 07:28 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so ive decided to go ahead and sell the mustang just because i think its the right thing to do and plus i dont want my brother saying sh!# to me down the line about dad giving me the car and him nothing...so ill just be smart sell it split the money and i guess the lexus will be spoiled lol...NA-T...hmmm?? oh yeah i added some pics so u guys can see what im deciding lol...

Quick Reply: ugh decisions decisions...