Girlfriend vs. Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-10, 07:11 PM
VKBSC3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Girlfriend vs. Climate Control

Hey all,

Funny story here. My girl and I were going to see a movie, but we got to the theater about 45min early. I asked her if she wanted to go inside and wait and she decided she would rather we relive our high school days where we would jump into the back seat of my car and..umm...you know

Anyway, you all know how small the back seat of our cars are so it was a bit of an ordeal to get back there. I managed to get back there pretty easily since I just got out of the car and moved my seat up, however my girl decided she wanted to be cool and climb into the back seat from the front...and in doing so she managed to put her foot into my climate control and break the flap covering my center cup holder I managed to get the cup holder working again however now the climate control won't work! I checked all the fuses and didn't find anything wrong (obviously her foot didn't send a shock wave through the car and blow the fuses but I figured it wouldn't hurt to check) , and I'm at a bit of a loss as far as what else to check. The a/c was blowing nice and cold before this event happened.

I'm thinking it's an electrical problem at this point since neither the auto button nor the fan button are responding. Is there an obvious check I'm not doing here or did my girlfriend manage to best the Lexus technology with her Adidas?

Oh, and for those of you who were wondering...it was worth the damage
Old 09-05-10, 07:33 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont know the solution to your problem, but whenever a girl wants to get sexy in my car with me I say No.
Old 09-05-10, 08:14 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

lol, don't lie^ Try pushing all your buttons and taping on them hard to see if one got stuck.
Old 09-05-10, 09:24 PM
ConSynX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds like your dating Sailor Jupitor. . .

or Chun Li
Old 09-05-10, 09:57 PM
Superjatt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pow chica wow wow.
i when bad things happen during car sex. i.e. gettin caught or something breaking.
Old 09-05-10, 10:49 PM
VKBSC3
Driver

Haha, thanks for all the support guys

I found out today that my cigarette lighter isn't getting any power now either I plugged my iPod charger into it only to find it didn't get power; after licking my finger and sticking it in the socket (joke...) I felt that there was a stupid penny in there, so I figured that was the culprit behind why my charger wasn't getting power. Unfortunately when I took it out there still wasn't juice going into my charger so it's probably more complicated than a penny blocking the connection. Any chance this and the climate control and lighter are connected in close proximity? I'm probably going to check the fuses/relays more thoroughly tomorrow and then maybe take the dash apart to see if there are any loose connections.

It'd be a shame to have to spend money on a new climate control, I am only a couple hundred dollars away from having enough to knock out my suspension and brake plans
Old 09-06-10, 04:38 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

If your cig lighter fuse is blown, then your climate control won't work. Usually a coin in there will blow the fuse. The fuse box is in the driver side kick panel.
Old 09-06-10, 06:08 AM
EUROJulian
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yer just bragging here
Old 09-06-10, 06:17 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

I'm guessing it's just a fuse if a penny got stuck in the lighter. My mom had that happen in her car when a penny fell into the lighter and kept blowing a fuse.
Old 09-06-10, 10:29 AM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

I hope you learned your lesson lol.
Old 09-06-10, 11:40 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

yeaup, a coin fell in your cig, blowing your cig fuse happened to me.
Old 09-06-10, 12:50 PM
VKBSC3
Driver

SUCCESS

I had to do a little searching to find the fuse box...what a terrible place to put something that should otherwise be readily accessible

Luckily I still had the spare fuses in the engine compartment box so I didn't have to go drive around and find somewhere that's open on Labor Day.

Thanks a lot for all the help , I never would have thought to look that far under the dash for that fuse box. Before checking my responses on here I spent about five minutes checking and rechecking the fuses under the hood, despite the fact I knew the CIG 15A wasn't there.

VKBSC3 will no longer be sweating it up thanks to the folks here on CL Now if only changing out my suspension and brakes was that simple...
Old 09-06-10, 01:02 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

This is like when a gf of a member on the 2IS section cracked his navigation screen with her foot lol

glad you got it fixed bro
Old 09-06-10, 01:26 PM
VKBSC3
Driver

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
This is like when a gf of a member on the 2IS section cracked his navigation screen with her foot lol

glad you got it fixed bro
Thanks man We went out to eat and I had some change in my pocked that I threw into the ashtray, either a penny missed the tray and went into the lighter or she must have kicked up some change or something when she was climbing into the back...I'll go with the latter since I refuse to acknowledge my errors

That must have sucked for the IS member...if she broke anything like that on my car I would have flipped, luckily I'm broke and can't afford a navigation system