SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

who worked hard for their SC?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-10, 11:50 PM
Emilio253
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who worked hard for their SC?

Hey I know many people on this site that havn't had to really work hard for their SC.. And I know that there is many people that worked night and day just for a little detail for their car.. I wanna see how many people have really put a lot of time into getting their SC or customizing their SC..

I acually worked at dairy queen every damn day after school to purchase my SC.. It cost me 2500 dollars and it had 288,000 miles and a fat dent on the side with no shift *** lol.. I worked my *** off to get what I have today.. Who else has?
Old 09-11-10, 12:07 AM
ahhyes300
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I worked my *** off to buy the Pontiac Firehawk which sale, allowed me to buy my SC300. It was my High school senior year car. I was pretty deep into F-bodies when I was younger (they still have a place in my heart, I just HATE solid rear axles now) and my friend bought a manual SC300 and I knew I'd have to buy one some day. I sacrificed a 12 second 6 speed cammed V8 for an automatic Inline 6 slug, but I knew what I was doing. I payed for both cars by working "service industry" tip jobs, and while being a student. Every mod seemed like I had to save up. To further express how I've sacrificed things for my SC, technically, I got rid of my mint condition manual/lsd Black on black IS300 so that I could keep it. Maybe when I finish with the stand alone EMS tuning, I'll let you know if it was all worth it.
Old 09-11-10, 12:18 AM
Emilio253
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ahhyes300
I worked my *** off to buy the Pontiac Firehawk which sale, allowed me to buy my SC300. It was my High school senior year car. I was pretty deep into F-bodies when I was younger (they still have a place in my heart, I just HATE solid rear axles now) and my friend bought a manual SC300 and I knew I'd have to buy one some day. I sacrificed a 12 second 6 speed cammed V8 for an automatic Inline 6 slug, but I knew what I was doing. I payed for both cars by working "service industry" tip jobs, and while being a student. Every mod seemed like I had to save up. To further express how I've sacrificed things for my SC, technically, I got rid of my mint condition manual/lsd Black on black IS300 so that I could keep it. Maybe when I finish with the stand alone EMS tuning, I'll let you know if it was all worth it.
wow that is some dedication.. lol good job man
Old 09-11-10, 12:26 AM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

I worked all summer bussing tables so I could by first car ever (auto sc300). A year later I was waiting tables and saving up for what I really wanted, a low miles 5spd sc300 I got it and it was SO worth the effort!
Old 09-11-10, 12:27 AM
SC510
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I worked at grocery store as a bagger for an entire year before buying my 99 SC300. And even then i had to invest into replacing the 20's it came with, the fender, the headlight, the passenger side mirror, getting my passenger door to open, getting my windows to work, the repaint for the front end, and a new starter. I bought it at an auction for $4,500 and put 2,000 into it. Next step 5 speed swap! oh crap that means i still gotta work my **** off.

Here's what it looked before

the nasty fender

and what it's looking like right now
Old 09-11-10, 12:41 AM
ahhyes300
Pole Position

Nice save! The G35 wheels are a huge improvement.
Old 09-11-10, 06:14 AM
nfordhk
Lead Lap

Idk if I worked hard. After my car accident I worked hard haha. I did not have full coverage. Bought the car for 3000 (currently paying payments my mom friend gave me a loan). Spent 1700 getting repairs done. 800 repainting. This is all off my part time job in high school haha I worked as a line cook in a restaurant. Now im a network support and I hope life to get easier soon

Last edited by nfordhk; 09-11-10 at 06:59 AM.
Old 09-11-10, 06:53 AM
SC510
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ahhyes300
Nice save! The G35 wheels are a huge improvement.
haha thanks. and they ride so much more comfortably too.
Old 09-11-10, 07:22 AM
Jaketb3
Driver School Candidate

I was really broke after my freshman year at college so I decided to have the government pay my way through school, joined the army, and signed my soul away. Got my sc after training, less than a year later I started mobilizing and am currently in Afghanistan dreaming about paved roads and 2jz's. It was more than just hard work, but when I get back it will all be worth it. Education, no more crappy jobs, and a sick sc, god bless america.. and thank you all for paying taxes aka my salary.
Old 09-11-10, 07:52 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 432 Likes on 356 Posts

I worked tons of hours at my job and hustled to get the money for the SC a year after I got out of high school. My job is only open 8:00-5:00 and I went to school from 8:00-1:00, yet I managed a couple of 40 hour work weeks since I only went to school three days a week, which killed my time available to work. I could have easily bought an SC in high school, but I couldn't drive until senior year. Now the hard part is saving up for mods.
Old 09-11-10, 09:09 AM
Emilio253
Lead Lap

Talking

Originally Posted by Jaketb3
I was really broke after my freshman year at college so I decided to have the government pay my way through school, joined the army, and signed my soul away. Got my sc after training, less than a year later I started mobilizing and am currently in Afghanistan dreaming about paved roads and 2jz's. It was more than just hard work, but when I get back it will all be worth it. Education, no more crappy jobs, and a sick sc, god bless america.. and thank you all for paying taxes aka my salary.
well thank you for serving our country so we can drive our SCs!
Old 09-11-10, 10:18 AM
ClearP
Lead Lap

I worked at safeway for a while, bought my first 240sx for 2000 before drift scene started. I later sold the car, made 2000 off it, and bought a 97 240sx, then I sold that, made about 3000 more. I looked around and found my low mileage 5-speed sc in great condition with no accidents, I knew I had to buy it.
Old 09-11-10, 10:41 AM
VKBSC3
Driver

I put my 1995 Honda del Sol into the back of a CR-V at 70MPH in order to get my SC

Seriously though, the woman rear ended the person in front of her during rush hour traffic and I just got unlucky. I had to work very hard not to cuss her out for being dumb
Old 09-11-10, 10:58 AM
ClearP
Lead Lap

So the dumb woman rear ended the person in front of her and you're the smart one that did the same? lol
Old 09-11-10, 12:27 PM
VKBSC3
Driver

Indeed, I know it's hard to believe but I couldn't see ahead of her since my car was so low and her foot was off the brake so it seemed like she was just coasting to slow down a little. I realized what was happening at the last minute and swerved enough to not send me through the windshield (young and reckless...no seat belt on, haha), but add to the three-car-pileup she already caused. I was legitimately upset since I had that car since I was 14, but the end result was my SC and I love it. Worth the whiplash, IMO, haha.

Quick Reply: who worked hard for their SC?