SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Hit In The Parking Lot Today

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-02, 10:56 AM
akmpres
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Hit In The Parking Lot Today

I AM FUMED, COMORT ME MY LEXUS CLUB MEMBERS, YESTERDAY I GET SHAFTED BY THE LEXUS DEALER WITH THE POWER STEERING PUMP AND TODAY, I GO IN TO THE MALL TO PICK UP TIRE GLOSS, AND WAX, AND 10 MIN LATER I COME OUT TO SEE MY WHOLE BACK RIGHT QUATER PANEL DISTROYED, HIT AND RUN! OK, COPS CAME GOT THE REPORT, WENT TO THE BODY SHOP RIGHT AFTER THAT, I JUST GOT BACK INTO TOWN ON SUNDAY NIGHT HERE IN PA, anyway, body shop $1200! estimate, they are the only certified lexus body shop within 300 miles. I was thinking to get the whole thing repainted but the insuance is not going to cover it, i got a $500 dedcutable, I am angry, very angry, very very angry....

Old 07-16-02, 11:08 AM
ForNgoods
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know exactly how u feel man.. it's happened to me more times than i can remember. I dont think it was nearly 1200 worth of damage but i know where ur coming from and it only hurts more b/c u have a nice car and idiots dont seem to respect your ****. but look at it this way man, i'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around and i'm sure whoever did it will get shafted by someone else in the future.

my condonances
khang
Old 07-16-02, 11:25 AM
Phoenix88
Lead Lap

I feel for you man, I haven't had anything that bad, just door dings here and there, pisses me off so much, why are people such idiots!!! When you are in the parking lot and you see those people just swing their door wide open, no care in the world, **** THEM!!!! Pisses me off so much, I am lucky I haven't had anyone smash my car... you weren't able to find any witnesses? GL w/ everything.
Old 07-16-02, 12:51 PM
krypto
Driver

I must walk an extra couple of miles a month..cause I always park way away from everyone.....

lol...I know I'd loose it and do some serious damage if I ever caught someone door dingin me.......ever notice how it's alwyas the fat asses in some piece of crap?
Old 07-16-02, 02:40 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Me too krypto. akm, that sux, sorry to hear it. I'm one of those guys that believes that if what goes around doesn't come around, make it come around! When I was a little more young, dumn, and full o' ***, I would have staked out the parking lot of that mall for days, hoping he'd be back to buy something else there. Buuut, nowadays, and since you're a busy guy anyway, take plan B, which is to work this to your advantage as best you can. Assuming you have collision (of course you do, you have the NSX) then just find a bodyshop that's willing to give you a meaty enough estimate that'll include some other paint repairs you may need. If you need a hookup, of course i'm there for you, hit me up on the jack when you're ready....
- LL
Attached Thumbnails Hit In The Parking Lot Today-compressed-iroc-burnout-still-sideways-in-third.jpg  
Old 07-16-02, 04:31 PM
London Bill
Lead Lap

akmpres;

You have my deepest sympathy, at least I know who fcucked my car up and their insurance paid out for everything including a couple of little "touch-ups" (one on each panel? ).

You will never find my car in the supermarket car park, I always park in a defensive area and try to keep the car in sight all the time, only last month I was sitting outside my local purveyor of Newcastle Brown Ale and saw some teenagers at the side of my car (I parked on the end of a row adjacent to a walk though bit). I went over to see what was going on and this little pr1ck had parked a motor bike in-between the spaces (about 6" from the drivers door).

I went ballastic, so much his mother/father/family came out to remonstrate with me, his father squared up trying not to look too wimpy infront of the whole family but agreed it was a stupid place to leave his bike and told him to move it, lucky he did as I was in the mood for blood, you can **** with my woman - she has a choice, but never, ever **** with my car unless you like hospital food, the last b4stard I caught spent three days in hospital with concussion and various fractures.
Old 07-16-02, 06:50 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also park my car way way way way out of the way. I am one of those cars that is parked out at the farthest space away possible (but not near entrance/exit of the lot b/c someone may turn in there fast and smack it) I also like to park where i take up 2 spots. I never have any trouble w/ dings, etc. by doing this (plus, i get exercise) Sorry bout what happened man. Hope everything works out.
Old 07-16-02, 09:00 PM
Phoenix88
Lead Lap

I have always considered taking up two parking spots but I feel that is really snobby (Not to flame you or anything, my friend does it all the time, I just wish I could do it.) It is just how people would react if the lots full and here I am taking two spots up.
Old 07-17-02, 09:08 AM
akmpres
Pole Position

Default thanks

Thanks everybody for your support, it makes me feel better to see you guy’s get as enraged as I am. People in my office and other people that you know always never understand, “It’s just a car, you have two other ones” WHAT?! JUST A CAR, just a car is a Honda civic that you put a weapon-r intake in and take the windshield washer spray nozzles and make them have those stupid blue lights in them, that’s JUST A CAR, no offence to anybody who has those little lights on thier hood. Ok, the only Lexus certified repair shop cant get me in until the beginning of September. No way I can wait that long, my insurance referred me to another place, it’s a Acura/Honda/Toyota dealership. At first I was hesitant to go there, I spent about 1 hour there this morning, the estimate that they gave is a little higher than the Lexus certified place, and the guy that is going to be doing the repairs used to work at the Lexus place. And he has been doing it for about 20 years. Plus my insurance company will not have to come out and look at the car the process would be a whole lot faster by going through these guys, It could be in by next Monday and be out by Friday. Plus they are giving me a lifetime guarantee on the work, but I think everybody does that. With the stock market in the toilet, and now one of the cars in my fleet screwed up, last night was a sleepless night, my friend form the city is putting my Acura on a flat bed and bringing it out to me here in PA, that wont be until next week, the only problem with that is that that’s a lease, in Manhattan you can be in the car for 2 hours and only drive 3 miles. But here in the boonies of Harrisburg, in two hours well… you guys get the point, I have the car insured so I only drive 7500 miles a year, and the lease is a 2 year 15K mile lease. Over that I get hit with huge surcharges, and fees and penalties. I have 2000 miles left and the lease expires in the fall. If anybody is interested in buying my lease out or buying it after I bring it back, I can find out the buy details, just send me a PM. Ok, thanks again for everybody for sending me their numbers of there favorite repair shops and advice, ill keep you guys posted on how the repair possess is going. Later!
Old 07-17-02, 10:44 AM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey man, no offense taken yo. If the parking lot is almost full (or if i know it will be full) i don't take up two spots. In this case, i try to find a spot that is by an island or something, so only one car will end up by me. I also think it is snobby when someone takes up 2 spots when the lot is full.
Originally posted by Phoenix88
I have always considered taking up two parking spots but I feel that is really snobby (Not to flame you or anything, my friend does it all the time, I just wish I could do it.) It is just how people would react if the lots full and here I am taking two spots up.
akmpres...i hope everything goes well w/ ur repairs. When i was hit in the rear, I had to take my car to the Caddy dealership to get it repaired (i couldn't use teh Lexus recco. place) and I was worried at 1st. But the job they did was incredible. Actually, my bumperlooks so good, that it makes the rest of me car look sorta dull and worn (they did even fix a faded rear body panel that had to much pearl in it for free). GOOD LUCK. and btw: tell the peeps in ur office to **** off

Last edited by anthracitetarga; 07-17-02 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-17-02, 03:12 PM
London Bill
Lead Lap

Parking in England is a nightmare, back in 1950's a town planner laid down the official size of a parking space as used by local councils and planning departments, needless to say a Soarer is now almost twice the size of the official parking space, in some car parks I have no option but to take up 1.5 spaces.

This evening I was driving around looking for somewhere to go for supper, I must have driven in & out of 6 places as there was nowhere "safe" to park.
Old 07-17-02, 11:25 PM
strongsail
Instructor

Default jerks in parking lots

This was timely - I got this rather humorous email from a friend today - remembered this thread and thought y'all might find a little satisfaction in this - bear with me, it's kinda long, but I think it's worth the read - I was roflmao! Here goes:

Remedy For Dealing With A Bad Day
Don't take that bad day out on someone you know, take it out on
someone you DON'T know.
Now get this. I was sitting at my desk, when I remembered a phone
call I had to make. I found the number and dialed it. A man answered
saying,
"Hello?"

I politely said, "This is Fred Hanifin and could I please speak to
Robin Carter?" Suddenly the phone was slammed down on me! I couldn't
believe that anyone could be that rude. I tracked down Robin's correct
number and called her.
She had transposed the last two digits incorrectly.

After I hung up with Robin, I spotted the wrong number still lying
there on my desk. I decided to call it again. When the same person once
more
answered, I yelled "You're an *******!" and hung up.

Next to his phone number I wrote the word "*******," and put it in
my desk drawer. Every couple of weeks, when I was paying bills or had a
really bad day, I'd call him up. He'd answer, and I'd yell, "You're an
*******!"
It would always cheer me up. Later in the year the Phone Company
introduced caller ID. This was a real setback for me; I would have to stop
calling the *******.
Then one day I had an idea. I dialed his number and when I heard his
"Hello?" I made up a name. "Hi. I'm with the Telephone Company and
I'm just calling to see if you'd be interested in our caller ID program?"
"No!" he shouted and slammed the phone down.
I quickly called him back and said, "That's because you're an *******!"
Keep reading this, it gets better!

An old lady at the shopping center really took her time pulling out
of a parking space. I didn't think she was ever going to leave. Finally,
her car began to move and she started to very slowly back out of the slot.
I
backed up a little more to give her plenty of room to pull out.

"Great", I thought, "she's finally leaving."
All of a sudden this black BMW comes flying up the parking aisle in
the wrong direction and pulls into her space. I hit the horn and started
yelling, "You can't do that. I was here first!" The guy climbed out of
his BMW completely ignoring me. He walked toward the shopping center as if I
didn't even exist. I thought to myself, "This guy's another *******; there
sure are a lot of *******s in this world." Then, I noticed he had a "For
Sale" sign in the back window of his car. I wrote down the phone number.
Then, I hunted for another place to park.
A couple of days later, I'm sitting at my desk. I had just gotten off the
phone after calling 823-4863 and yelling, "You're an *******!" (It's
really easy since I have his number on speed dial now.)
I noticed the phone number of the guy with the black BMW there on my
desk and thought I'd better call this guy, too. After a couple rings,
someone
answered the phone and said, "Hello." I said, "Is this the man with the
black BMW for sale?" "Yes, it is." "Can you tell me where I can see it?"
"Yes, I live at 1802 West 34th street. It's a yellow house and the car's
parked right out front."
I said, "What's your name?" "My name is Don Hansen." "When's a good time
to catch you, Don?" "I'm home in the evenings." "Listen, Don, can I tell
you something?" "Sure..." "Don, you're an *******!" And I slammed the phone
down. Then, I added Don Hansen's number to my speed dialer. I must say,
for a while things seemed to be going much better for me. Now, when I had
a problem I had two *******s to call.

Then, after several months of calling the *******s and hanging up on
them,it just wasn't as enjoyable as it used to be. I gave the problem some
serious thought and came up with this solution:First, I had my phone speed
dial ******* #1 A man answered nicely, "Hello?" I yelled, "You're an
*******!" but I didn't hang up. The ******* said, "Are you still there?" I
said, "Yeah." He said, "Stop calling me." I said, "Make me." He said,
"What's your name, pal?"

So I told him, "Don Hansen He said, "Where do you live?"
"1802 West 34th Street. It's a yellow house and my black BMW's
parked out front."
"I'm coming over right now, Don. You'd better start saying your
prayers "Yeah, like I'm really scared, *******!" and I hung up.
Then I called ******* #2. Don Hansen answered, "Hello?" I said, "Hello,
*******." He said, "If I ever find out who you are..." "You'll what?"
"I'll kick your ***." "Well, here's your chance. I'm coming over right now,
*******." And I hung up. Then I picked up the phone and called the police.
I told them I was on my way to 1802 West 34th Street and that I was going
to kill my gay
lover as soon as I got there. I made another quick call to Channel 13 about
the gang war going on down in the 1800 block of West 34th Street. After
that I climbed into my car and headed over to 34th Street to watch
the whole thing. Glorious satisfaction! Watching two *******s kicking
the crap out of each other in front of 6 squad cars, a police helicopter
and
a news crew was one of the greatest experiences of my life!

Now you know what to do if you have a really bad day.

Old 07-18-02, 12:01 AM
Phoenix88
Lead Lap

Haha that is pretty funny, I wouldn't have minded seeing osmething like that!! Would have been very entertaining.
Old 07-18-02, 10:23 PM
akmpres
Pole Position

Default lex before getting hit

this is the qp that is ruined, and that is my wife to the left, so no comments about the chick
Attached Thumbnails Hit In The Parking Lot Today-lexus1.jpg  
Old 07-18-02, 10:36 PM
akmpres
Pole Position

Smile

heres another pic of the car, ill post more once i get it fixed.
Attached Thumbnails Hit In The Parking Lot Today-lexus2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Hit In The Parking Lot Today