SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My 2nd Sc400, Starting to mod it tastefully.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-10, 03:20 PM
MySc4fever
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ashtray
Just drop it and pull your fenders a bit if you want to run with those rims, that should help a bit with over all flushness and neatness. With huge rims and no drop it looks odd and the "look" you are trying to accomplish isnt certain. Otherwise its a work in progress. Keep going.

edit: and perhaps if you can consider some side skirts. But to each his own.
Thanks bra...Good advice. You must be part of the 30and older crew like myself......lol
Old 09-27-10, 04:04 PM
MySc4fever
Driver

Ok Family, The saga continues.......As i've learned up to this point. In my own humble opinion, "20 inch" wheels do not look good on a coupe without side skirts
and a nice drop. Living in Maryland and frequently driving in DC where potholes are like craters, and extremely bumpy roads are plentyfull, I was not a fan of lowering my ride...But to get the look that I am after and not looking "DONK", I must go with 19's, a kit, and drop the car a little. I was always a fan of 20's but not on here....

So, im gonna switch to the inside until I find the perfect 19inch wheel set.
I just sold the Black 20'inch Zennetti's, and decided to do a Black interior swap.
So I drove to New York, and got at my man "Gazi" (Aliga). He had just what I needed.

Check out the before and after pics...and, I installed it all myself...it took two days...it was a real b....!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails My 2nd Sc400, Starting to mod it tastefully.-photo-52-.jpg   My 2nd Sc400, Starting to mod it tastefully.-photo-36-.jpg   My 2nd Sc400, Starting to mod it tastefully.-photo-54-.jpg   My 2nd Sc400, Starting to mod it tastefully.-photo-51-.jpg   My 2nd Sc400, Starting to mod it tastefully.-photo-50-.jpg  

Last edited by MySc4fever; 09-27-10 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-27-10, 11:57 PM
-Samurai-
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually liked the black rims better...
Old 09-28-10, 06:58 AM
MySc4fever
Driver

Originally Posted by lfrers
Originally Posted by BartleDoo View Post
I was fooled by the title.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaahahahahahahaahahha! Me too, fooled by the title.
Look everyone has there own style. But for the most part Clublex is more drag car, JDM Muscle and VIP Baller than ghetto.
Those wheels are.... well a bit on the ghetto side.
Excuse me bra, but if you took the time to write this, then you should have taken the time to read all of the continued mod pics and updates. If u would have read all of my threads u would have seen that I myself agree that I've made some bad decisions. All of those wheels and lights have been sold and the mods have continued in my pursuit of my goal. When you are in a situation to buy and sell 3 sets of wheels in one month, and change the look of your car that fast get back at me. Until then, try reading a bit more....and stay out of the Ghetto.....lmao!!!!
Old 09-28-10, 07:11 AM
MySc4fever
Driver

Originally Posted by -Samurai-
I actually liked the black rims better...
Thanks Samurai, I think am still gonna go black or black chrome.
But I'm not feeling the 20"s on here. I'm going to drop down to 19inch.
Old 09-28-10, 09:11 AM
VanillaSC
Driver

Interior looks good man. Something I have learned when it comes to modifying anything (not just cars) is patience! If there is a set of wheels that you really want but price is an issue, wait and save up for them. Buying and selling wheels that you know you don't really want isn't going to get you anywhere. Another tasteful mod in my opinion would be for you to get a 97+ bumper and side skirts. I have them on my 95 and love em. Good luck!
Old 09-28-10, 10:32 AM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BartleDoo View Post
I was fooled by the title.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaahahahahahahaahahha! Me too, fooled by the title.
Look everyone has there own style. But for the most part Clublex is more drag car, JDM Muscle and VIP Baller than ghetto.
Those wheels are.... well a bit on the ghetto side.
Yup. Didnt see the post where u said you were going with the black wheels. My eyes were still burning from those 20"

Glad you could switch 3 sets of wheels in a month. I could never do that.

Bra? Did you just call me ladies underwear or are you a haole from Hawaii?
Old 09-28-10, 11:28 AM
MySc4fever
Driver

Originally Posted by VanillaSC
Interior looks good man. Something I have learned when it comes to modifying anything (not just cars) is patience! If there is a set of wheels that you really want but price is an issue, wait and save up for them. Buying and selling wheels that you know you don't really want isn't going to get you anywhere. Another tasteful mod in my opinion would be for you to get a 97+ bumper and side skirts. I have them on my 95 and love em. Good luck!
Thanks man, Well put. I have exactly the same idea with the skirts and bumper.
I'm considering doing the full 97+ kit all around. I also like the autocoulture kit.
But you have to get the front bumper for it to work.....I'm undecided, I've never been a kit fan until I recently joined this site.
Old 09-28-10, 11:31 AM
MySc4fever
Driver

Yup. Didnt see the post where u said you were going with the black wheels. My eyes were still burning from those 20"

Glad you could switch 3 sets of wheels in a month. I could never do that.

Bra? Did you just call me ladies underwear or are you a haole from Hawaii?
LMAO.....You need to get out more.
It's all good "bra", I've got a since of humor.
Old 09-28-10, 11:43 AM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MySc4fever
It's gonna get better bra, and everyone has their own opinion...I can dig it.
But, I c you had and have now the body styles that you're not a fan of.
(92-96) I need to see your pics...since both of yours were even older than mine.....shut me up.
I'm originally from Maryland and an OG NELOC member. I've built 3 sc's and I'm working on a 4th. You might have misread what I posted. I never said I "disliked" the 92-96 body style. I said it doesn't look good with 20's and no drop. You get that donk feel from the car. Personally I think the 92-96 with a lip kit slammed and 19's look hard. You're making progress on the car and big up to doing your interior swap.

But 19's with side skirts and a drop will get it done. Not many cars of this age can pull off 20's. But black on black on black is always sexy. Like I said, not hating, just constructive criticism.
Old 11-15-10, 02:24 PM
Novoken
Pole Position

Your interior is perfect man!!!

I might go that route and get black interior too. I cant wait to see your updates.

Keep up the good work!!

Originally Posted by MySc4fever
Ok Family, The saga continues.......As i've learned up to this point. In my own humble opinion, "20 inch" wheels do not look good on a coupe without side skirts
and a nice drop. Living in Maryland and frequently driving in DC where potholes are like craters, and extremely bumpy roads are plentyfull, I was not a fan of lowering my ride...But to get the look that I am after and not looking "DONK", I must go with 19's, a kit, and drop the car a little. I was always a fan of 20's but not on here....

So, im gonna switch to the inside until I find the perfect 19inch wheel set.
I just sold the Black 20'inch Zennetti's, and decided to do a Black interior swap.
So I drove to New York, and got at my man "Gazi" (Aliga). He had just what I needed.

Check out the before and after pics...and, I installed it all myself...it took two days...it was a real b....!!!!!
Old 11-15-10, 02:45 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I thought you said modifying it tastefully?

there is nothing tasteful at all about this except the interior job

Last edited by JDMmuscle; 11-15-10 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-15-10, 03:35 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Work in progress everyone! Sweet black interior
Old 11-15-10, 05:42 PM
LexFather

Play nice everyone......
Old 11-15-10, 08:51 PM
scforlife
Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Play nice everyone......
Finally someone stepped in and said that... Dont let everyone put you down, how do you think i feel when i show up at a car show and everyone sees me get out of my car and see that i am a teen and they automatically judge me. Your interior looks great, i wish i had the money to do that. Just be patient with the car, show it some love and it will return the favor. A kit, lowered a little, and good fitting wheels will make the car. Good luck, and dont let these people put you down, at the end of the day its your car and you can do whatever you want too it.

Quick Reply: My 2nd Sc400, Starting to mod it tastefully.