SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What Kind of Wheels and Tires Are You Running and Why?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-10, 05:21 PM
theory5150
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

18x9.5 +15 MB battles cause I couldnt afford anything else nice being a 18 year old kid. Definitly getting 18X10 enkei rpf1's for my next wheels
Old 09-26-10, 07:28 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Chrome Euroline DH's, 19x8.5's and 19x9.5's 35+ET all around.

They are for trade/sale, check the classifieds

I've enjoyed them for 6 months but want something new.
Old 09-26-10, 07:46 PM
Avarec
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am running 235/55/17 tires are so fkng big my car is a 4x4 now, i fknd up
Old 09-26-10, 08:24 PM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BIGCTY
I went with round ones, because the roll better. Sorry, just wanted to lighten the mood.
I think youre living in the past. Havent you heard, octagon shaped tires are all the rage now...

Thanks everyone for the replies, though I was wanting to hear more about tires instead of rims but hey, it's good to hear about that stuff too.

So which is best, Goodyear Eagles, Bridgestone Potenza's, BF Goodrich G-Force, Perlli's......
Old 09-26-10, 08:34 PM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

18x9.5 enkei RPF1's all around because they are light and strong, and I wanted the 255/40 tires I can get for a very good price on all four corners for grip while having the option to go bigger later for more grip.
Old 09-26-10, 08:46 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by imDementeD
congrats for taking what i said and NOT understanding it-------------first thing i said was "not to be an ***--" ie im not trying to say there isn't a reason for this thread or its a bad idea etc etc etc----------------i said that just so what i said doesn't offend the OP when turning him on to that thread to maybe thumb through it an get an idea

QQ
Yes everyone ussually starts out there criticism of the thread with ---- i dont mean to be this or I dont mean to be that--

--maybe you were just trying to help--in that case I didnt mean to direct what I said in your direction ---but it happens in almost half of the threads i see---

--someone reffering the OP to the search function---or critisizing the thread because it had been covered way back when.

--im just seeing it too often thats all
Old 09-26-10, 09:02 PM
Exthultu
Pole Position

I just changed out my ugo stock wheels for a set of crispy mint 2009 IS350 wheels and Turanza tires. I luv em.
Old 09-26-10, 09:06 PM
imDementeD
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

@1willy1 i understand and agree
i just pointed him in a direction because that thread has TONS of info not just a pic of a wheel on a car..
it has tire sizes/rim width/offsets/how much the car is lowered/camber etc
thought it'd be very informative to look over..thats all

hell im rereading that thread right now trying to determine how a 19x8 with either a 37mm or 48mm offset would look(cant find the exact specs on these wheels that are locally for sale) and getting lots of info..
Old 09-26-10, 09:17 PM
Mike552
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm rolling on 245/35/20 Goodyear Eagle. I'm not happy. Tires are loud as ****. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the fact that they're 20s but I've rolled on Bridgestone 20s before and they weren't that loud. I've had Michelin 19s before and also much quieter. Although I am satisfied with how the Eagles perform... they do grip well and wear better than okay.
Old 09-26-10, 09:35 PM
2turbo1sup
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

i like my wheels because they are pretty and rare as hell, also gives me street cred.

i really need to make a thread title 'what wheels do you have why did you choose your tires'. we need more wheel threads.
Old 09-26-10, 09:57 PM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by imDementeD
@1willy1 i understand and agree
i just pointed him in a direction because that thread has TONS of info not just a pic of a wheel on a car..
it has tire sizes/rim width/offsets/how much the car is lowered/camber etc
thought it'd be very informative to look over..thats all

hell im rereading that thread right now trying to determine how a 19x8 with either a 37mm or 48mm offset would look(cant find the exact specs on these wheels that are locally for sale) and getting lots of info..
Thank you, I appreciate the help but yes I did already skim through that thread and know every thing the is to know about fitment and all that. What Im interested in is WHY people have done what they've done.

Originally Posted by 2turbo1sup
i like my wheels because they are pretty and rare as hell, also gives me street cred.

i really need to make a thread title 'what wheels do you have why did you choose your tires'. we need more wheel threads.
lol In Denver, just having an SC400 gives me all the street cred I need. I think I ve only ever seen 3 but they where all 300's. I might be the only person under 30 in all of Denver who drives an SC400.

How about you make the rims thread and I'll make the tires thread. I was more interested in tires but this turned into a rims thread.

Originally Posted by Exthultu
I just changed out my ugo stock wheels for a set of crispy mint 2009 IS350 wheels and Turanza tires. I luv em.
Do you have any pics? Id really like to see how that looks.
Old 09-26-10, 10:01 PM
kwg
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
Yes everyone ussually starts out there criticism of the thread with ---- i dont mean to be this or I dont mean to be that--

--maybe you were just trying to help--in that case I didnt mean to direct what I said in your direction ---but it happens in almost half of the threads i see---

--someone reffering the OP to the search function---or critisizing the thread because it had been covered way back when.

--im just seeing it too often thats all
Resuscitate the breathing
1) implementation of an expanded set of forum rules (click here to review them)
2) better communication of use of the search feature to new joiners in their welcome email
3) nomination new moderators to help monitor the SC forum and help members
4) implementation of the SC FAQ forum to help cut down on the repetitive Q&A

this was in the rules...im assuming you havent read it

back to topic: i'm on g35 wheels for now. my car didnt come with wheels so i grabbed a set since they're decent looking and cheap. they are wrapped with dunlop direzza z1 star specs the best tire for the price IMO. 225/45/17 and 245/40/17. i plan to upgrade to 18x9.5 +12 or +22 in the near future, same tires.
Old 09-26-10, 10:18 PM
2turbo1sup
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Rules 2 and 4 are the most commonly broken to the point where I don't think its enforced anymore. Every time I go back here, I see 4 thread variations of the same question on the first page

anyway, on topic: tires are sumitomo HTRZ because they're cheap as hell and decent for daily driving. Nitto NT05s on the rears for summer crazyness.
Old 09-26-10, 10:33 PM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kwg
Resuscitate the breathing
1) implementation of an expanded set of forum rules (click here to review them)
2) better communication of use of the search feature to new joiners in their welcome email
3) nomination new moderators to help monitor the SC forum and help members
4) implementation of the SC FAQ forum to help cut down on the repetitive Q&A

this was in the rules...im assuming you havent read it

back to topic: i'm on g35 wheels for now. my car didnt come with wheels so i grabbed a set since they're decent looking and cheap. they are wrapped with dunlop direzza z1 star specs the best tire for the price IMO. 225/45/17 and 245/40/17. i plan to upgrade to 18x9.5 +12 or +22 in the near future, same tires.
I'm not trying to be a **** but can we please drop this. I just want to know about tires and also provide a thread for future tire shoppers because theres not a lot of info out there on which is better that doesnt come from a biased opinion or lack of intelligence.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is anyone still running the Bridgestone Potenza's the orignally came on the car (obviously not the orignal ones)
Old 09-26-10, 10:33 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

holy **** is everyone just PMSing

Quick Reply: What Kind of Wheels and Tires Are You Running and Why?